CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/drivetrain-44/)
-   -   Usual turnaround time for Precision Industries for a restall? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/drivetrain-44/usual-turnaround-time-precision-industries-restall-285580/)

Javier97Z28 07-25-2004 11:48 AM

Usual turnaround time for Precision Industries for a restall?

Pulled the tranny yesterday (only took a few hours :D) and I'm going to be shipping out the 2800 stall to PI for an upgrade to a 3200 stall.

Anyone know the estimated turnaround time for them? And how they usually ship back? I'll be shipping it to them 2 day air, so it should be there by Wednesday. Trying to plan out the reinstall party with my friends...

It's within the 2 year "free restall and warranty" timeframe, so I'm good :)

QCKZ28 10-29-2004 09:49 PM

Re: Usual turnaround time for Precision Industries for a restall?

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28
Pulled the tranny yesterday (only took a few hours :D) and I'm going to be shipping out the 2800 stall to PI for an upgrade to a 3200 stall.

Anyone know the estimated turnaround time for them? And how they usually ship back? I'll be shipping it to them 2 day air, so it should be there by Wednesday. Trying to plan out the reinstall party with my friends...

It's within the 2 year "free restall and warranty" timeframe, so I'm good :)

im getting my restalled also, how long did it take to get yours back?

thanks
jesse

RobbyRob 10-29-2004 10:00 PM

I got a PI 2800 too . I would like to know how long it takes for them to do the restall. My 2800 stall fells higher then 2800.

QCKZ28 10-29-2004 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by RobbyRob
I got a PI 2800 too . I would like to know how long it takes for them to do the restall. My 2800 stall fells higher then 2800.

thats what i currently have, its too small for me...

it only "footbrakes" to 2000rpm.
and i only cut low 1.7 sixty foots.

where does your TC 2800 "footbrake"?

RobbyRob 10-29-2004 10:24 PM

I have a Precision Industries vigilante stall . Not a TC. The vigilante stall is THE BEST stall I've ever owned!!!! It stalls higher then 2800. At P.I. They said it all depends on the torque of the motor..
Just reread your post I thought you where talking about a TCI .. Break standing is not the way to check your stall. I've never tried to see where it breaks to tires loose. I have to try that tomorrow..

QCKZ28 10-29-2004 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by RobbyRob
I have a Precision Industries vigilante stall . Not a TC. The vigilante stall is THE BEST stall I've ever owned!!!! It stalls higher then 2800. At P.I. They said it all depends on the torque of the motor..
Just reread your post I thought you where talking about a TCI .. Break standing is not the way to check your stall. I've never tried to see where it breaks to tires loose. I have to try that tomorrow..

vigilante stall means the same thing as a vigilante torque convertor....

TC = Torque Convertor

my 2800 flashes to 3000 before taking off like crazy....

i dont like my 2800 stall because at the track i can only "stall it up" to 2000 before it pushes through the breaks, with my setup i need more stall like a 3600....