Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Egr code state inspection advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 10:34 PM

Egr code state inspection advice

I just bought a 97 z28 with ported and polished heads, hooker long tubes, magnaflow cat backs, and a lt1 hot cams stage one cam. It's throwing a code for the egr delete, and I'm looking for some advice on a band aid fix to get it to pass nc state emission inspection until I have money set aside to tune it to bypass the egr. Any advice? I'm decently smart with cars, but I am in no way a genius with this stuff
Old 05-09-2017, 12:09 AM
Administrator

Re: Egr code state inspection advice

What is the exact numerical code? P0400 or P0403, or both?
Old 05-11-2017, 10:31 AM

Both I believe
Old 05-11-2017, 03:44 PM
Administrator

If you are saying there is no AIR equipment on the engine, you have to "fix" each code.

P0403 is the easy one. Find the harness connector for the EGR vacuum solenoid and place a resistor across the 2 pins. The solenoid resistance is something round 15 to 30 ohms. But a ~1000 ohm resistor should be good to complete the circuit. Or wire the connector as the signal wire to the solenoid described below.

P0400 is more difficult. When the PCM cycles the EGR solenoid, it looks for a specific change in the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor reading I believe you can wire a resistor through a solenoid circuit, that inserts the resistor into the MAP circuit when the PCM commands the EGR to open. Do not have the specifics though. Probably have to search the 'net for the details.

Post #13 in this thread alludes to a solution, but never discloses the details:

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1...mulator-83869/
Old 05-15-2017, 03:39 PM

Thanks for the advice! I'm gonna start looking into getting some of that done here soon!