CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Computer Diagnostics and Tuning (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/computer-diagnostics-tuning-36/)
-   -   2 Bar Stock PCM Speed Density Tune for >6psi (Forced Induction) (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/computer-diagnostics-tuning-36/2-bar-stock-pcm-speed-density-tune-6psi-forced-induction-560089/)

blkchevyz 06-04-2013 09:27 AM

Re: 2 Bar Stock PCM Speed Density Tune for >6psi (Forced Induction)

hows it going now?

moehorsepower 06-04-2013 05:18 PM

I havent done much since the last post, Got laid off so you know how that goes, another thing I forgot to mention mike is to cure the bog off the line, since you are correct about the % vs PE, Go deep into the negative in the PE parameters at what KPA that will work for you, I did a little tunning last week, with my 95lb injectors I am like at -12 in my PE at the lower kpa areas, Did a quick launch and spun the tires....

blkchevyz 06-11-2013 09:54 AM

sucks about getting laid off.
kind of relate, house and 2 kids i havent had the time or money to work on mine in awhile. hell i think its been sitting for 6 years now... trying to get moving though.

are you using the tunercat modified definition? i was looking at it, and it goes from 40-200 kpa. does the 2 bar map ready below 40?

DirtyDaveW 06-12-2013 08:39 PM

Long story but, I fried my low impendence injector driver box. It's over at Jeffs shop, Acceleronics, for repair. I bought some 60# high impendance injectors to use in the meantime and will start tuning the 2 bar SD again. I've already mapped my VE, Spark over to the 2 bar format, cleared/zero'd out the PE tables so I can make VE do the work. Resuming this weekend....

blkchevyz 06-13-2013 10:06 AM

so your going to use the ve table to control all the fuel even at wot?
whats the advantage of that? one less table to adjust?

i'm looking to do this with e85, do you still have plenty of room to grow in terms of adding fuel?

DirtyDaveW 06-14-2013 11:49 AM

I'd read in a separate thread/forum about zero out the PE tables and I thought,"....?? That will work?" So I tried it and sure enough, if your VE's are close then you can use them entirely. I don't plan on keeping them zeros though. I want to tune the best I can with the VE tables then, using logs and WB output, add fuel via the PE.

With the 2 bar implementation and stipulating your Injector constant to about half (in my case, 95's down to 47) you have plenty of area to lean out or enrichen the whole VE ramp. For example, if you find that you've set VE to near 100% at max WOT but it's still running lean, just cut back the Injector constant (ie: from the aforementioned 47 to 45). You've now increased your headroom by making the entire scale run richer due to the lower IC) on the VE tables so drop all the values in the VE tables by (in this example going from 47 to 45) reducing them by 4.2%. You now more room to ramp up fuel in the VE before again hitting 100%.

Originally Posted by blkchevyz (Post 6943980)
so your going to use the ve table to control all the fuel even at wot?
whats the advantage of that? one less table to adjust?

i'm looking to do this with e85, do you still have plenty of room to grow in terms of adding fuel?

POLOVETTE 94 08-06-2013 08:41 AM

Sorry if I missed it, long post here, but what are those of you who had MAF sensors doing with the connector? Have you removed the wiring entirely, let it hang there, or keep it plugged in to the MAF sensor? I guess most of you have removed the sensor, as it would just be a restriction, especially on the intake side of the blower (maybe even more so with the screen still in it).

DirtyDaveW 08-06-2013 09:48 AM

I've just been leaving mine in place. I suppose it does have some restrictive property but I have a little piece of mind knowing that screen is there to keep any debris or shrapnel from an air filter disentegrating or a turbo coming apart from getting into the intake.

On the tune topic itself, I am back on the SD and the tune is nearly spot on as far as fuel but I noticed that my idle spark was waaaay high at 47 degrees advance. I looked all thru my spark vs KPA tables and it definitely wasn't there. Only 30 degrees in those rows/columns. So I used the TunerPro tool of 'find parameters' to isolate all the settings with the word "spark". I checked each but I found one called "Spark Correction vs Map vs Temp". I compared my original MAF based turbo tune from 2008 and then from dookies SD tune. They all had different numbers in the cells in comparison but they were all within 5 or so from each other. I decided to just zero that entire table out and see what happened. Aha... Timing was subsequently 30 degrees at idle. I've looked all over the net for some info on how Spark/Map/Temp is used but nothing seemed really informative. Like most settings on the tuning editors, it ranged from vague to stupid.

Originally Posted by POLOVETTE 94 (Post 6947848)
Sorry if I missed it, long post here, but what are those of you who had MAF sensors doing with the connector? Have you removed the wiring entirely, let it hang there, or keep it plugged in to the MAF sensor? I guess most of you have removed the sensor, as it would just be a restriction, especially on the intake side of the blower (maybe even more so with the screen still in it).

blkchevyz 08-06-2013 10:13 AM

good info on the spark advance.

question how did you do the base tune? i'm hoping to get mine going soon but am a little nervous when i first start seeing boost. i'll be super cautious and monitor it with a wideband but still worried about adding way to much or not enough fuel.
i'd like to dial my turbo down to only a few psi and start off there, but not sure i can dial it down that much.

POLOVETTE 94 08-06-2013 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by DirtyDaveW (Post 6947856)
I've just been leaving mine in place. I suppose it does have some restrictive property but I have a little piece of mind knowing that screen is there to keep any debris or shrapnel from an air filter disentegrating or a turbo coming apart from getting into the intake.

On the tune topic itself, I am back on the SD and the tune is nearly spot on as far as fuel but I noticed that my idle spark was waaaay high at 47 degrees advance. I looked all thru my spark vs KPA tables and it definitely wasn't there. Only 30 degrees in those rows/columns. So I used the TunerPro tool of 'find parameters' to isolate all the settings with the word "spark". I checked each but I found one called "Spark Correction vs Map vs Temp". I compared my original MAF based turbo tune from 2008 and then from dookies SD tune. They all had different numbers in the cells in comparison but they were all within 5 or so from each other. I decided to just zero that entire table out and see what happened. Aha... Timing was subsequently 30 degrees at idle. I've looked all over the net for some info on how Spark/Map/Temp is used but nothing seemed really informative. Like most settings on the tuning editors, it ranged from vague to stupid.

I agree on the last comment. You see people saying so many different ways of doing this, it's amazing all of these cars actually run. "Cut the cylinder volume in half", "don't cut it in half", "cut all MAP tables in half", "move columns to half of that kpa", "not half, the 1bar 2bar difference is not x2".
Anyway,mine is still on the intake tube, just after the air filter, so I may remove it. The only thing the screen will stop is the air filter, which probably won't come apart. A wise man once told me that superchargers are great blowers, but horrible suckers, so any restriction I can remove before the blower will help. I gained over 1psi boost by ditching the stock blower intake tube and making my own.

DirtyDaveW 08-06-2013 11:23 AM

I ordered a base MAF tune from PCMFORLESS back in 2008. I can PM or Email either my original file to you or my Current SD tune. I would recommend using dookies file that has the Barometric reset fix in it. My current SD tune has it as well.

I would also recommend having a stock tune, a working turbo tune you'll leave static for comparison purposes and your testing tune.

I can send all 3 to you if you like.

Right now my tune is VERY drivable with the 2 bar SD tune. No bucking at low rpm, I can go 30mph in fifth gear using cruise control and it purrs.

Originally Posted by blkchevyz (Post 6947860)
good info on the spark advance.

question how did you do the base tune? i'm hoping to get mine going soon but am a little nervous when i first start seeing boost. i'll be super cautious and monitor it with a wideband but still worried about adding way to much or not enough fuel.
i'd like to dial my turbo down to only a few psi and start off there, but not sure i can dial it down that much.

blkchevyz 08-06-2013 12:35 PM

yeah if you could send me your current sd tune, injector size(95lb) and how much boost your running i should be able to get a good base tune.

blkchevyz@mofbody.com

DirtyDaveW 08-06-2013 12:58 PM

Sent. I do tuning/tweaking to my tune almost every day. I'll let you know if I come across some revelation on my tuning travels so you can choose to implement them if you desire.

blkchevyz 08-06-2013 01:18 PM

thanks.

DirtyDaveW 08-26-2013 09:19 PM

Can you guys see this? It's my 2 bar SD tune going down the freeway. A 3hr 40 min drive , one way. 14.7 AFR on the wideband, 1st quarter mark on the temp the whole way. Stock LT1 fans wired/configured as pushers instead of pullers, stock radiator.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...ideo_processed