1996 Formula M6, Hardtop, Black 71K original miles

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 12:14 PM

1996 Formula M6, Hardtop, Black 71K original miles

The day has come where I can no longer store/keep the Firebird. I did a massive rebuild and R&R of parts on it about 3 years ago and drove it maybe 5k miles every year thereafter. We no longer have room for it and I don't have the time to appreciate it. This is supposed to be a fire sale as it really needs to go quick before the snow falls and I have three cars sitting outside with this in the garage! It is currently priced at $6,000 OBO.

You can find pictures here (don't bother reading the autotrader description):

Cars for Sale: 1996 Pontiac Firebird Formula in Aurora, IL 60502: Coupe Details - 389104083 - AutoTrader.com

The car is located in the Chicago west suburbs. PM me for more information or text 612.270.9823.

This is a garage kept 1996 Pontiac Formula I purchased it with 30k miles on it and it now has 70k. The majority of the miles were long trips back and forth across the midwest to/from college. The car is extra clean and in great shape mechanically and cosmetically. It has been well kept it's whole life and has had many part replacements and upgrades.

Documentation to prove most major upgrades and repairs are present (and pictures for some repairs done myself). The car runs well and is very reliable. Parts recently replaced or upgraded are listed below.

All repairs or upgrades have less than 15k miles on them (some are brand new):
  • LS1 driveshaft
  • Completely rebuilt and upgraded T56, new LT4 clutch, flywheel, hurst shifter, clutch lines and slave reservoir, and transmission mounts ($4000).
  • New water pump, (top) radiator hose, temperature sensors (both), and thermostat ($600).
  • Tuned up engine top end with new felpro head gaskets, intake, and valve cover gaskets ($2000). (the car never blew a head gasket, it was replaced as part of a top end tear down for the valve train)
  • New NGK copper spark plugs and Taylor spark plug wires. ($500).
  • Tuned up valve train with LT4 valve springs, 1.6 roller rockers, and valve steam seals ($600).
  • Steal exhaust system (Magnaflow), Pacesetter longtubes + ORY ($1000)
  • New rear brake lines and front tire-rods ($500).
  • Front and rear brake pads and rotors (15k on them)
  • Brand new battery
  • K&N washable air filter with CAI
  • New electric windows motors
  • PCM4Less computer tune up
  • Aftermarket stereo with bluetooth and new speakers.
This car has many years left in it, low miles, no accidents, clean record, original everything.

The only problems I know of are the ebrake needs to be tightened (does not work well right now) and it is throwing an EVAP code due to the filter (I may fix this before selling it, the lines just need to be blown out as the solenoid was replaced earlier). It has a small paint bump on the left side of the front bumper but otherwise the body is in excellent shape!

Thanks!

Last edited by Jazsun; 12-29-2014 at 12:23 PM.