95 Silver TA - Supercharged Forged 383 for sale $5600.00

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 10:16 PM

95 Silver TA - Supercharged Forged 383 for sale $4700.00

(((SOLD)))

EDIT: Reduce FIRM Price $4700.00

Car is located in Jacksonville FL.

Serious Inquires only please:

Here are the mods done to the car:Motor: 383 Motor with 9:1 comp (Forged Eagle 3.750 stroker crank, Eagle H-Beam 5.7 rods, JE SRP Pistons, Clevite bearings, Oliver 4 bolt splayed caps) Stock Heads, ARP studs CC305 cam, Canton Oil Pan with baffles to prevent oil starvation from hard cornering.
Other Power mods: P1SC Procharger with upgraded 12 ribbed belt set up and with 2 Core Intercooler custom front mount tubes from Mufflex, Jet Hot Long Tubes and Custom Built Mufflex Y pipe with Borla Catback exhaust, Delteq Opti (handles over 1000hp), custom dash mounted Scanmaster, Autometer Boost and Fuel Gauges custom mounted in the 2 ac vents for cleaner look and easy to see, Street Tuned MSD 50# Injectors, 255 Walboro Fuel Pump and racetronix fuel wiring, AFPR, Rebuilt Trans w/ 2800 stall Pro Torque converter, Custom Personal street tuning from Brian at PCMforless tuning. LS1 front brake upgrade with cross drilled rotors. Also have an electronic cutout for the borla exhaust. Switch is mounted near driver in the car.
Suspension mods: Lakewood-LCA, SLP-Progressive Lowering Springs & BilStein Shocks, SLP-Panhard bar, 1LE Front & Rear Sway Bars, DMS-Sub Frame Connectors, Drive shaft loop, SS ZR1 Rims w/ New 275/40/17 Sumito Tires.
Other mods:
Stereo: Alpine HU, MTX Stealth Box w/ 10inch Alpine Sub, Polk & PowerBase Speakers & 2 Rockford Amps 4 gauge monster cable running to the rear to stereo.

Tinted T tops, Tinted passenger windows and hatch. All tints professionally installed and top quality tints.

Car has 161K miles on it but 383 has 40K miles on it.
Blower has 15K miles total on it. I pulled the blower belt off the car when I first moved to Jacksonville FL in 2004 and never put it back on there because I was afraid I was going to break parts and not have a place to work on it (We lived an apartment complex at the time). Now we bought a home and I have been neglecting the car so its time for it to make someone else very happy. Car is a decent driver with out blower, with blower it's a LOT more fun. If someone had the time and money to upgrade the heads and put a more stout 12 bolt or 9inch Ford, maybe a 6 speed or a Th400 trans for more improved reliability, then this car has the potential to be a EXTEEMLY FAST daily driver. There is nothing wrong with my current trans or10 bolt. Car has well over $15K in mods alone.
The car made 427RWHP with stock heads before that tranny started slipping (that trans has been replaced) and the one of the blower tubes came off during the run. With some ported heads, and a better pulley this car should easily make well over 500RWHP. It now has turbo clamps so no more tubes blowing off. With the set up I was running, I was running the blower at 50K rpms at 5800rpms on the motor and producing 10# of boost. If you get a smaller pulley, you could get the blower to spin closer to its 62K rpm max and get more boost out it without overstressing the blower.

Here's all the issues with the car:
Needs one new o2 sensor or old cleaned.
Mufflex installed my headers and the custom Y pipe they built for the car but could not get the oil dipstick tube to fit back on I told them to leave it off and block it off. I think I still have the dipstick tube if you want to try to put it back on. The Canton oil pan does have a second spot to hook up a second dipstick tube but I never got a around to do that. The Canton pan with a bigger PF35 filter holds 7 quarts of oil.
The head light motor needs to be fixed. I think taking them apart and re greasing them and aligning them back up should do the trick. I had bought the steel headlight gears and replaced them over 5 years ago so I think a cleaning and re greasing should work. The passengers side window motor will need to be replaced
The dash is cracked in two places but is not that noticeable unless you raise your head and really look.
The pan drips a lil bit of oil which I think may have caused the o2 sensor issue.
I installed a separate huge tranny cooler on the car with a fan that is mounted underneath the car. Its gets more airflow and does not block the intercooler or radiator. I had a fan mounted on it but the fan motor is gone, that may need to be replaced. This is an easy fix and I don't think its necessary unless you are in a lot of heavy traffic and in the hot summer months. I have zero traffic at the hours I work so I never got around to fixing it and I live 4 miles from work.
Car has normal/minor scratches on the paint as it was my daily driver. It has some minor scratches and cracks on the dash from the sun but overall still in good shape.
You can see all the mods and older pics on my site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/342629

Serious inquires ONLY. Also willing to trade for a 98 or newer Chevy or GMC 2wd (No S10 models) 1500 Truck with less than 90K miles. Prefer white or silver 2 door models for trade. Also willing to trade for some $ plus my car for a new Chevy or GMC Truck (must be two wheel drive).

Last edited by 95 Silver TA; 09-18-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:50 PM

TTT with Reduced FIRM price.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:03 AM

TTT for a new week
Old 08-26-2009, 05:08 PM

Sale pending.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:49 PM

might be interested. live in savannah ga, so pretty close. will it make the drive back (100 miles or so)?
Old 08-27-2009, 08:23 PM

It would easily make that. This car had the same EXACT issues it had back when I drove it (in 04) from NJ to FL about 13 hours (1100 miles) and no problems at all. Like I said, I put over 150 miles on it each month. I only drive 4.5 miles to work. Last year I took it for over a 250 mile round trip to Orlando to get the LS1 brakes put on with zero problems. The scary part was my old brakes where shot so the trip down there I had to leave a lot of car lenghts ahead of me for any sudden stops but after the LS1 Brake upgrade it stops on a dime but....Like I said there's a sale pending so I dont want to screw the other person out of it. If they back out or whatever, I'll update the post.

Last edited by 95 Silver TA; 08-27-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:28 PM

sounds good. just let me know. good luck.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:47 PM

Please PM me, I am interested, I would fly down for vacation in florida and drive the car back 850 miles.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:02 PM

Sorry man....

The guy I am holding the car for is a good personal friend of mine. He is on Page three of my site (Jim Maldonado) and here is his old car site. His car was sold almost 2 years ago but you can see his handy work and some of my work on his site. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/348183

Jim's is the one who helped me (in most cases....did most of the work) since 1998 building up this car and knows exactly whats in it and what its capable of, what the issues are and what a true deal this is. I understand most folks will shy away from this car because of the mods and issues and because they dont know me but Jim knows this car as well as he knows me. If it was anyone else that wanted this car, then money would talk but he is a personal friend of mine and I would rather see it go to him than anyone else. I should have checked with him first before posting this ad. He knows the car history from the point we bolted up the very first mod (way prior) to the 383 and blower. I am giving him some time to get the funds, for all that he has helped me with, its the least I can do.

If his situation changes, then I will let you guys know but for now and the next 2 weeks or so, the car will remain in the Sale Pending mode. No offer (even if greater) than what I am asking will be accepted until Jim gives me his final word.

Thx,
Claude

Last edited by 95 Silver TA; 08-31-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:13 AM

No worries, please keep me in mind if the situation changes with your buddy. I've been looking for a silver t/a for quite some time now.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:39 PM

SOLD
Thanks for all the interest guys...Jim sent the payment today and will be picking up the car to drive back in appx two weeks.