1989 Camaro Iroc-Z w/ 350 TPI and brand new black interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 12:04 AM

1989 Camaro Iroc-Z w/ 350 TPI and brand new black interior

Basic overview:
I've got a 1989 Chevy Camaro Iroc-Z that I'd like to sell. Reason? I realized that I'd like to get something newer. Nothing more than that really. This is a fun car no doubt, but I guess I just want something newer. (Going to go over to the LS1)

The good:
-Stock 350 TPI. Speedo reads 160K, but I'm not sure if the motor has been rebuilt or not.
-The car runs AMAZINGLY. It's as simple as that.
-The interior is completely new and is a beautiful black. I laid down roughly 80 feet of a sound deadener called "Fatmat." The Fatmat plus the new carpet weighs about 45 lbs., which is what the original carpet weighed when I pulled it. The cabin is extremely silent and there is nearly no road noise, thanks to the sound deadener.
-The paint is in fairly good condition. It was obviously re-painted at some point, and it has held up quite well. (For problems, see below.) It's a deep red that shines quite well.
-With a few exceptions, the body is in EXCELLENT condition.
-The windshield is brand new.
-The hood and hatch shocks are brand new.
-The interior includes: All black paneling, reupholstered 3rd gen FBody seats, very high quality black carpet (new), brand new headliner, new Grant GT steering wheel, armrests, doorpanels, etc etc.
-Minor fixes have been done, like burnt out bulbs and such.
-I'm including two 4x6" and two 6x9" Alpine speakers, all of which are installed. These speakers are brand new. This is the only audio in the car that I'll include. You'll need a new headunit, although I'll give you the stock one.
-I have a clean and clear title.
-This car has NO rust, ANYWHERE. I haven't been able to find any rust. I've been undernearth the carpet, underneath the car, etc., and haven't been able to find any rust.
-The car is an Iroc

Now I'll be straightforward about the car because the last thing I want to do is rip someone off. Being honest includes describing the problems with the car. As this piece of equipment is over 15 years old, it has some problems. It is not flawless. Here are the issues that I have found in the time that I've had the car:

The bad:
-Both the hood and the front bumper cover need work. The hood needs one new louver, and the front bumper cover needs to be re-aligned (or replaced.) I have not had the problem diagnosed, but it looks like a relatively simple repair.
-Both the hood and the front bumper (but especially the hood) need to be repainted to match the rest of the car.
-Although the paint is in good condition, here are it's flaws: There is a dent the size of a quarter just in front of the rear spoiler. This is the only flaw that's not on the bumper/hood. The front bumper should probably be repainted, as the paint is peeling in multiple spots (bumper only.) The hood as a few minor dents and is in need of a paint job.
-I have no idea what the history of this car is. I bought it as-is, no questions asked. I did not (and still have not) bothered to run a CarFax on it.
-Other minor problems: Windshield wipers do not work. They blow the fuse every time you try to use them. The headlights were removed (by me) in an attempt to diagnose the bumper issue. I have the headlights (which will be included with the car) but they're not installed. The bracket/housing for them was slightly broken, so that would need to be replaced. I'd consider this part of the front bumper repair/replacement.
-The car needs a driver's side seatbelt (seatbelt only, not receiver.)
------------------------------------------------------------

All in all, this is one hell of a car. I've really enjoyed having it, but I'd like to buy something newer.

If you'd like to come by and drive the car, I'd be more than happy to let you take it for a spin. I live in Kansas City, near the Plaza. Only problem is that we haven't bothered to license or insure the car, since it has been sitting in my garage for the past three months. (It has, of course, been driven about once a week.)

I'm in no particular hurry to sell the car. I'd like to see what kind of offers I can get for it. I'm open to anything reasonable, but please do not waste your time or mine with low-ball offers. If I can get a decent amount for the car, I'll sell it. Again, no hurry with this.

Pictures and some descriptions can be seen here:
http://members.cardomain.com/kcirocz

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

*Note- remember, the only audio equipment I'll include are the four new Alpine speakers (all installed). The headunit included will be the stock unit, although it won't be installed.*

*Shipping- completely up to buyer. I'd be willing to drive the car anywhere within an hour outside of Kansas City. Otherwise, the buyer most pick up or pay for delivery.*