1996 Pontiac Trans Am for sale in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 07:41 PM

1996 Pontiac Trans Am for sale in NJ

I HATE to do this but I'm putting up my Trans Am for sale.

1996 Pontiac Trans Am A4
2:73 gears
T tops

Why you ask? I was in back to back car accidents (not in the Trans Am) and I had a spinal fusion (C6 to C7 - metal plate - 4 screws etc put in my neck) and I can't take the stiff ride. It looks like will be going back under the knife soon for further back/ neck surgery. I've put maybe a couple hundred miles on the car since September 2008.

I just got a 2009 Mercedes C300 (with a soft ride) as a new car so the Trans Am is up for sale.

The previous owner was meticulous with records - I have a HUGE file with everything!

I really enjoy the car but I never planned on making a race car out of it - I just wanted a nice well rounded daily driver. If I was going to make a race car out of it I would not be selling it - I would let it sit until I'm healthy. I've done some mods to the car since I've owned it:

Pace setter Long tube headers w/ AIR and EGR
Daul 3 inch catco cat's
Magnaflow cat back exhaust
MSD Opti, Coil, Wires (original owner installed it)
Cold air kit
Air foil
Mail order tuning PCM for less
Poly tq arm mount
Poly transmission mount
Hotchkis Pan hard rod
35 mm front sway bar
boxed sub frame connectors
1.6 roller rockers
H4 conversion
Xenon low beam headlights
royal purple oil
Slotted front and rear rotors
strut tower bar
aftermarket alarm
locking gas cap
2:73 cars cannot go into first gear as GM put a restrictor on the automatic shifter, I removed that
LT4 knock modules

I dynoed the car at TTP at put down 280 RWHP and 303 RWTQ in 2nd gear (damn 2:73's) -
http://www.bbbracing.com/12secondv6/TADyno51708.pdf

I have since added the high flow catalytic converters and tuning so I guess it is probably right around 300 rwhp and 315 rwtq

I got a best of 13.839 and 102.17 in low 70's degree and high humidity in June 2008 (didn't have the cats on or tuning yet)

I had planned on doing the following but had the spinal fusion:
Torqu arm mount
Trailing arms
3:73's
21 mm rear sway bar

The only bad with it is the headliner is a bit ripped and the plastic dash bit has a crack - you can see it in the pictures.

KBB.com says a good condition Trans Am is $4,880
Add in the modifications

I am looking for $5,000

Car is dirty in the pictures as I haven't been driving it - I will wash/ vaccum it soon.
Pictures are here:
http://www.bbbracing.com/12secondv6/TA/

I would also entertain possible trades but the car would need to have a soft ride as my neck/ back isn't getting any better