FS: 1999 Camaro 3.8 auto (lots of mods)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 12:30 PM

FS: 1999 Camaro 3.8 auto (lots of mods)

Hi all,
i have my 1999 3.8L v6 camaro for sale.

asking price: $5000, obo

The car has 150,000 miles on the chassis, although used short block was put in about 5000 miles ago that had 60k miles on it (work was done by ZZperformance). I have been the only owner, we (my dad and I) bought this car new off the line. The car has T-tops that DO NOT LEAK!

Here are some of the main features of this car (if i have not called it out below than consider it to be still a stock part on the car):
ENGINE - 3.8L series II v6, ZZperformance ST2 cam, intense racing pushrods and comp cams valve springs. Engine was balanced and heads and valves were ported and polished. New crank was installed. ECM was tuned by zzperformace. The car is ready to be turbocharged if you so desire! that was my initial plan.

- TRANSMISSION - 4L60E 4 speed automatic, Edge 3000 stall torque converter, 4L60E wake up kit.

- SUSPENSION - BMR welded in subframe connectors, boxed trailing arms, and panhard rod. Camaro SS spec front and rear anti-roll bars.

- WHEELS/TIRES/APPEARANCE - 17" x 9.5" Black corvette zo6 wheels, tires: 2 hankook Ventus Sport K104 (couple years old) and 2 yokohama Sdrive (1 year old), tires are 275/40r17. I also have a set of 16" steel wheels with michelin winter tires that probably have 1 more winters worth of tread on them that i will include with the car.
Front headlights are custom black housings with l.e.d. halos and led side markers (these headlights look great at night!), clear turn signal lights at front and carbon fiber look rear taillights.
The stock spoiler is on the car but i also have a fiberglass wings west commando wing for the car that i took off about 3 years ago for a more stock look, but the spoiler is in great condition and i will include it with the car.

- INTAKE/EXHAUST - Cold air induction kit, Hi-flow airlid, k&n filter, Clear image automotive ceramic coated headers, Borla 3" stainless steel catback exhaust kit. C.C. bypass. (this car has a great sound and is quite loud compared to most cars).

- STEREO: Alpine CDA-7995 head unit, front: Infinity reference 6.5" component speakers with tweeters installed in A-pillars. rear: infinity reference 6.5" 2 ways. Rockford fosgate 300X 75x4 amplifier for front and rear speakers, rockford fosgate bd1000 1000w digital mono amplifier for Alpine Type R 10" subwoofer in mtx thunderform enclosure (nice!).
RADAR: Passport Shifter ZR1 laser blocker with front and rear mounted sensors, this system can run independently or can be interfaced with the passport 8500 radar detector.
ALARM: Ungo MS 2007 2 way RF remote start and alarm system. This alarm has a keyfob unit that will tell you where on your car a shock was felt and in upgradeable to have a proximity sensor installed, it is/was a top of the line alarm, installed around 2002.

The interior is in pretty nice shape since i took care of the car pretty well, it has cloth seats with the factory red accents in the upholstery, i have custom painted the interior trim bezels red to match the exterior of the car. The rear window has been tinted although it is torn near the bottom and probably just needs to be re-tinted. i would say the interior is in 8/10 condition, very few stains and the surfaces are all in good shape.

I love this car and an only selling it because it just does not make sense for me right now to have 2 cars and my other car is more practical. I would really love to sell it to someone that will enjoy it or make good use of it. I will be completely honest and upfront with you about every detail of this car, im not selling it because i immediately need the money so i hope to sell it to someone who feels confident about buying it.

Now for the bad news... these are the things that are "wrong" with the car or should be fixed:
- Driver airbag is disabled do to a broken sensor attached to the steering column, this can be fixed at any certified auto repair shop.
- Rear sensor needs to replaced on the shifter zr1 laser blocker kit, just a reorder and swap out of the sensor, again very easy fix.
- AC compressor needs to be replaced, tried to recharge it and did not work, so it must be the compressor (?), again relatively easy fix, but will cost you anywhere from $2-400 at a shop depending on what kind of price you get on the compressor (new vs used). *note i may be getting this fixed very soon as i feel it is an important feature for me to have fixed if im going to sell it in the summer.

I would say the Body/paint is in 7/10 condition. A couple chips and dings here and there but overall looks pretty darn good, and since the car is mostly urethane panels there is no rust.

All in all there is probably $700 of repairs if you want this car to be in nearly perfect condition, but right now its in perfect drivable condition, and with the engine rebuild this car probably will probably easily make it to 300k miles. I have about $3k worth of electronics in this car and $4k worth of performance parts invested. i know i wont get the money back for those but the point is that all that stuff is already done for someone who is interested in those things. Would love to sell it to someone from the board.

Please email me if you have any questions.
Im willing to negotiate if you have no interest in the car audio or other electronics. I also have lots of the stock parts and other parts for the car that i will give to whoever buys it.

please feel free to PM or email me for any questions, i will be happy to discuss with you if you have genuine interest in buying. I have kept most if not all receipts and invoices for all the work ever done to the car.

my email is aalugo2000@yahoo.com if you wish to contact me directly

thanks,
alan

attached are the most recent photos i have, but i can definitely take or send more that i have if needed.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:19 AM

Re: FS: 1999 Camaro 3.8 auto (lots of mods)

just updating that the air conditioning has been fixed, passenger power window motor just replaced and new optima battery installed.

taking offers.