CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Car Audio and Electronics (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/car-audio-electronics-12/)
-   -   radio security lock (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/car-audio-electronics-12/radio-security-lock-333635/)

SpeedDemon02SS 01-18-2005 10:49 AM

radio security lock

Hey...i unplugged my battery to work on the car. but i forgot my radio security code? Is there any way to find it, or reporgram it without taking it to the dealer?

shouldaboughtthez 01-18-2005 01:42 PM

Re: radio security lock

Originally Posted by SpeedDemon02SS
Hey...i unplugged my battery to work on the car. but i forgot my radio security code? Is there any way to find it, or reporgram it without taking it to the dealer?

This is what I have for the Theft Loc

Theftloc Bypass

1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed
2. Write the numbers down.
3. Press the AM FM button, write down the next 3 numbers
4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 139010*, when asked enter the 4 or 6 digit code (obtained from Steps 1-3) from the radio and an *, for example using my code, 702712*, you will get an unlock code, write it down.
5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first 2 numbers, then press minute button and set the next two last numbers, press AM FM button, SEC should be displayed, turn on radio
To remove customers code, repeat step 5. you should see --- on radio face, the code is now out of the radio.

SpeedDemon02SS 01-18-2005 03:10 PM

thank you...is that how the dealership does it too? would you believe they couldnt tell me that...wanted me to bring the car in so they could charge me 40$ for it...arg...

LS1 RULZ 01-18-2005 04:24 PM

That's a HUGE load of horse poop!!! As long as you can prove ownership of the car they shouldn't be allowed to charge you for unlocking the damn radio. God how I hate dealing with the dealerships. :mad: :mad: :mad:

shouldaboughtthez 01-18-2005 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by LS1 RULZ
That's a HUGE load of horse poop!!! As long as you can prove ownership of the car they shouldn't be allowed to charge you for unlocking the damn radio. God how I hate dealing with the dealerships. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thats how they make easy money. There is people who actually do it to.

Anytime Speeddemon

Purple 92 SS 03-15-2005 10:27 PM

I would just like to add that the directions were perfect.. they worked without issue, i just got a radio from someone out of state and it was locked.. the instructions were simple to follow and actually worked.. thanks agian for origionally posting the information.

-steve

shouldaboughtthez 03-18-2005 11:30 PM

Anytime. I keep them as a text file.