CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Car Audio and Electronics (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/car-audio-electronics-12/)
-   -   head unit (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/car-audio-electronics-12/head-unit-88783/)

Kearn 03-03-2003 08:38 PM

head unit

what kind of aftermarket head unit did you all install on your camaros and how did they fit? If I get a smaller head unit will I have to fabricate a brace for it? also, how does one 12 inch infinity perfect being run on a fosgate 300m sound in a camaro? also, if I don't get subs for my car, is it worth it to upgrade my delco system to the monsoon system with 6 speakers amp and head unit? thanks. sorry for all the questions.

moparman 03-03-2003 09:37 PM

Most everyone installs a 1 din size, using a mounting kit. Check this site for more advice and directions: www.installdr.com

stik6shift98 03-03-2003 11:28 PM

mines 1 din tooo....it fit perfect

maddboost 03-04-2003 09:07 AM

Well I wouldn't drop the monsoon system in your car due to the fact that it will probably cost your about $1000 not including installation. Second the monsoon system is crap. All they do is add a external amplifier to your factory paper speakers. And in some cases add that horrible sub that couldnt hit anything below 80 hz. For about $600 you could invest in a good head unit and speakers. If you do change the speakers do only the front doors and the rear passenger speakers those midgit speakers in the rear deck are a waste of time and money. Also Pioneer still makes two Din and a half decks that will fill the entire space but general the displays are kind of generic. Id recommend a single Din CD player for variety of choices. If I were you id spend about $300 on the cd player and about $300 on the speakers. You obviously could spend more but it sounded like you were on a budget. At that point your system would back hand any car with a Monsoon system. Have any questions PM me.

stik6shift98 03-04-2003 06:37 PM

why would it cost a grand not including instal.....mine was just the price of the headunit plus harness and i installed it....and yes mine was a monsoon system

nates95 03-12-2003 09:05 PM

Any factor systems sounds like crap compared to any aftermarket system in general, if you just want a basic sound system though, you can buy full monsoon or bose systems for cheap on this site or ebay
i have one my self that i am selling if you want a full system with a little boom, good luck

jchevy 03-13-2003 12:25 PM

Im selling a nice kenwood head unit. Its a KDC-5019 if you are interested. I just bought it from a local sound shop a couple months ago but i sold my truck the the cd player was in so i took it out. I have the original box and instructions. Its in perfect shape.

Here it is one kenwoods site
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/pr...productId=2406

Asking $200 shipped OBO.

firebirdude 03-13-2003 02:55 PM

Re: head unit

Originally posted by Kearn
what kind of aftermarket head unit did you all install on your camaros and how did they fit? If I get a smaller head unit will I have to fabricate a brace for it? also, how does one 12 inch infinity perfect being run on a fosgate 300m sound in a camaro? also, if I don't get subs for my car, is it worth it to upgrade my delco system to the monsoon system with 6 speakers amp and head unit.
First off, I would recommend going over to ls1.com and looking in the electronics forum. Read the top topic. It's a FAQ's thread in blue letters. That should answer most of your questions....

Our stock head unit size is 1.5din. Many aftermarket CD player are 1 din. There are a few kits you can buy to make it like nice. (see FAQ thread) I would advise against putting the monsoon pos in your car.

stik6shift98 03-14-2003 04:36 AM

monsoon is a really good stereo for stock......but other than that it blows big time......get aftermarket:D