Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

do most 6.5 speakers fit in 4th gen camaros w/o adapters?? bose system worth?

Old 04-12-2014, 06:42 PM

do most 6.5 speakers fit in 4th gen camaros w/o adapters?? bose system worth?

im getting ready to order new speakers for my 95 z28. ive been reading for a couple days straight about speaker fitments. crutchfield is telling me only a couple speakers will fit but im reading differently on some forums. im looking at either the alpine spr-60, alpine sps-610 or the infinity kappa 62.11i. just purchased an alpine deck as well. also about how much will my bose system be worth if i decide to sell it as a whole? not sure what to ask. car has under 23,000 miles so the audio system doesnt have much use. bought it from an older gentlemen.
thanks!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:57 PM
Prominent Member

Location: Born on the Florida West Coast, now where can I retire?
Re: do most 6.5 speakers fit in 4th gen camaros w/o adapters?? bose system worth?

I can't give you advice relative to your specific application but can share my experience installing new speakers in my 98 TA doors. I would advise checking the spec sheets available online for the overall diameter of the frame (should be 6.5" circular), the height over the mounting surface, and the depth under the mounting surface. Otherwise you may not be able to use the original grills or get the clearance needed to open the windows. My choice was the Infinity 652.9i for the doors. Those mounted directly into the stock speaker carrier. They just barely allowed the use of the stock grills (because of the floating tweeter) and cleared the window by less than 1/4" because of the larger magnets. Back then those were 3.2 ohms speakers and were replacing the stock Delco 2-ohm Monsoon speakers. Because of that I lost 50% volume in the front channels. I understand that Infinity now uses only 2 ohms speakers, but that may not apply to old stock elsewhere. In the long run they both failed after 3 years due to voice cone separation from the frame and I replaced them with used original Delco's.