CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Car Audio and Electronics (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/car-audio-electronics-12/)
-   -   Comparison thread: Fbody Monsoon Vs. Various Mustang sterios (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/car-audio-electronics-12/comparison-thread-fbody-monsoon-vs-various-mustang-sterios-500319/)

Coasterkid 02-04-2007 05:39 PM

Comparison thread: Fbody Monsoon Vs. Various Mustang sterios

I just wanted some opinions about which stereos are better, have better bass, better clarity, best all around.... I know in the F-body world the Monsoon stereo isn't highly though of, but what about in comparison against the Mach 460, the Shaker 500 and the Shaker 1000, obviously the shaker 1000 has more speakers and 2 subs, but I'm just wondering if they actually are better sounding.

gtman316 02-05-2007 08:52 PM

From what I've heard personally, the Mustang stereos sound much better in pretty much every aspect.

Klypto 02-05-2007 09:13 PM

the stang destroyed any fbody stock system....

BUT... a full system in a camaro sounds sooo much better than a full system in a stang, imo :)

LT1 POWR 02-05-2007 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by gtman316 (Post 4393196)
From what I've heard personally, the Mustang stereos sound much better in pretty much every aspect.

Even with the Bose option? I'm no expert on audio, but my Bose does what I need it to do and doesn't sound too bad doing it. I haven't really heard a "bumpin" system, but I'm not much into audio either. Thats something I'll either leave stock or delete for weight savings.

Klypto 02-06-2007 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by LT1 POWR (Post 4393299)
Even with the Bose option? I'm no expert on audio, but my Bose does what I need it to do and doesn't sound too bad doing it. I haven't really heard a "bumpin" system, but I'm not much into audio either. Thats something I'll either leave stock or delete for weight savings.

and thats why you think the bose system is good, its alright, and like most people (you) its good enough. but anyone thats at all into car audio... the stangs kills the camaro :(

not that big of deal though...

Coasterkid 02-06-2007 01:02 AM

Wow this really surprises me! I have only been in mustangs with the base stereo and since it is 4 speakers it sucks. Hmmm. Mustang 1, Camaro 845.

PentaVolvo 02-06-2007 10:05 AM

The Mach in the mustang sounds better then the fbody hands down. In all the intalls ive done aftermarket in a fbody will blow aftermarket in a stang out of the water. Its prly cause we have a hatchback

Fry 02-06-2007 11:26 AM

How does the convertible sound for aftermarket...is it still good like a hatchback because there's still an open connection to the trunk? or does the top deaden sound?

PentaVolvo 02-06-2007 03:31 PM

top down you loose alot of the bass but you can still make it sound good it just takes more power.

Ive never done a system in a convertiable camaro, but I have in a few convertiable vettes and the top more aless blocks that opening between trunk and cabin but it still sounds good and makes nice bass

guywithaZ 02-06-2007 04:28 PM

My brother had a stang with the 1000 in it, puts the Fbody stuff to shame...not even close IMO. :o

Coasterkid 02-07-2007 10:44 PM

Yeah, Well I can't say im not really surprised. I think the main pitfalls to monsoon is just the speakers are pretty junky, and in my opinion the entire system is not universal. There are certain songs that sound great on the monsoon, but then there are others that just don't sound. I blame the record companies, not Gm, damn them for making so much different sounding music.