Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

Bose wiring help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 07:07 PM

Bose wiring help please

Hello. Years ago I added / upgraded my 3 speaker bose system with a 95 rear bose sub and rear speakers. Has worked great for a long time. Just got my car back from repaint and the radio fuse was blown. Traced it to a short at the rear sub. My sub did not come with a connector and the wiring colors do not match the wiring diagram. Would Anyone have a pin out or can someone look at their sub and give be thewire colors on both sides of the connector? Thank you!
Old 09-30-2018, 11:22 PM

Re: Bose wiring help please

I'm not 100% sure we're talking about the same systems, but I attached what I think are the schematics you may be looking for.
Attached Files
Old 09-30-2018, 11:36 PM

Really appreciate your help. However it seems the wiring from the connector to the rear sub are different colors. I dont have the connector so I cant trace it. Thank you.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Slow response may be due to unclear input info.

What year/model is your car? And you indicate the stock radio in your car is a Bose 3-speaker system. You refer to the "wiring diagram". Are to talking about the 1995 Bose 5-speaker diagram linked below:

Courtesy of Shoebox

http://shbox.com/1/bose_wiring.jpg
Old 10-01-2018, 07:00 PM

Sorry to not be clear. My car is a 94 z28. Originally came with 3 speaker bose system. Several years ago I purchased a sub and rear speakers from a 95 camaro with bose and wired it in. I just got the car back from the body shop and now need to trouble shoot the rear amp as it is blowing the radio fuse. I got the fuse to stop blowing when i cut the orange wire at the rear sub. The connectors at the amp are long goneand the wires on the fly lead which go into the amp are different colors from the diagram on shoeboxs sight. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:31 PM

If you look at the drawings on Shoebox's site or the ones I posted (they are the same), the orange wire to the amplifier/speaker unit is a 12 volt power supply from the Bose Relay with is fed from fuse #4 (Radio/Accy). If you cut the orange wire at the rear amplifier/speaker and the fuse no longer blows, this should indicate the problem is within the amplifier/speaker unit. I've attached a set drawings from the 1994 service manual so you can compare the wiring differences between the two years. You'll notice the 12 volt power supply is also orange, but in the same connector as the sound input from the radio. This is most likely why the connector was removed because speaker input and outputs are different and the power supply is in a separate connector in 1995.

I also noticed the Bose Relay in 1994 is powered by fuse #8 (Courtesy) instead of fuse #4 as in 1995.
Attached Files

Last edited by peterpar; 10-01-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:42 PM

Thanks for your response. I have all the diagrams. If someone can physically look at the 2 sub connectors you will see that the wires on the amplifier side of the connectors are different colors then the main harness. What I am asking for is someone to look at their amp and give me the colors and corespoding pin numbers. This is not in any diagram. Thank you so much.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:59 PM

Thank you all for your help. Iknow I am not being very clear on what I need. The wires coming out of the rear Sub are in 2 harnesses. A small one with 1 orange wire and 1 black wire. No problem with those. The other harness wires coming out of the amp are red, yellow, blue, green, violet, white with red tracer, white with green tracer, black with red tracer and black. What I need to know is on a correct 95 Camaro what color each wire connects to after the connector in the original vehicle harness? Thank you 🙏.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:57 PM

I did figure this out thanks for everybody’s help. Left sail panel speaker was shorted and blew out that part of the amp. Sub still works but is clicking like a metronome. 🙁