CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Car Audio and Electronics (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/car-audio-electronics-12/)
-   -   Anybody Have A Infinity Perfect 10 Dvc In Jl Stealthbox (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/car-audio-electronics-12/anybody-have-infinity-perfect-10-dvc-jl-stealthbox-77550/)

PUGHBOY 02-04-2003 09:13 PM

Anybody Have A Infinity Perfect 10 Dvc In Jl Stealthbox

JUST WHAT THE TOP READS. I AM THINKING OF GOING WITH A INFINITY PERFECT 10 DVC IN A VANTAGE BOX AND AM WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS COMBO AND HOW IT SOUNDS OR IF THERE IS A BETTER COMBO. I WANT THE MOST BASS AND BEST SQ I CAN GET

nieko 02-04-2003 09:42 PM

i had one in my stealth box, and I thought it sounded awesome. I have since moved onto a subthump box with 2 perfects now.

PUGHBOY 02-04-2003 09:45 PM

WHAT AMP DID YOU HAVE PUSHIMG IT?

rthompson 02-05-2003 08:35 AM

The perfects are decent subs and hopefully the new VQ series will restore some of the former glory they had. Seriously they compete well with much cheaper subs.... i wouldn't buy one.

PUGHBOY 02-05-2003 06:56 PM

RTHOMPSON
WHAT SUB WOULD BE BEST IN THE VANTAGE BOX

LS1 RULZ 02-05-2003 07:50 PM

I'm using an Alpine Type-S in a Vantage Stealthbox. It blows away the JL 10W3 I had before it.

rthompson 02-06-2003 05:37 PM

Originally posted by PUGHBOY
RTHOMPSON
WHAT SUB WOULD BE BEST IN THE VANTAGE BOX

A lot of subs will work well, it all depends on the power and what exactly you expect out of it.... If you want a better suited sub to a small box than the Perfect, i really like the Elemental Designs K series. IMO it is a good match to the Perfect, just a lot cheaper and a little better suited to small boxes.

PUGHBOY 02-06-2003 05:53 PM

WELL I JUST WABT THE BEST SOUNDING SUB AND THE MOST BASS I CAN GET OUT OF THIS BOX AFTER I GET THE SUB I WILL GET AN AMP BEST SUITED FOR IT I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT THE CHEAPEST SUB BECAUSE I HAVE A GOOD CONTACT JUST HAVENT HEARD ANY SUBS IN THIS BOX TO KNOW WHICH ONES SOUND THE BEST IN IT

rthompson 02-06-2003 08:43 PM

what kind of sound are you looking for?
Do you like accurate, punchy bass, warm bass, deep bass, boomy.... i will recommend a sub based on what you like, and if price isn't an issue just let me know and i will do my best to recommend the best that i can think of....

PUGHBOY 02-06-2003 09:08 PM

I AM TORN BETWEEN THE TIGHT PUNCH AND THE DEEP LOWS. I MOSTLY LISTEN TO ALTERNATIVE MUSIC LIKE KORN, DROWNING POOL, AND STUFF LIKE DEFAULT TOO. SOMETIMES I LISTEN TO TECHNO AND CLUB MUSIC. I GUESS WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY AN ALL AROUND GOOD SUB THAT IS TIGHT AND PUNCHY BUT CAN HANDLE LOW LEVELS AS WELL. WHAT YA THINK

rthompson 02-06-2003 09:29 PM

i guess it sounds like an Eclipse Aluminum 88110 will fit the bill as well as anything i can think of.... kind of hard to hit the real lows with a ten tho...

PUGHBOY 02-06-2003 10:43 PM

YEAH. I AGREE ABOUT HITTING THE DEEP LOWS WITH A 10" BUT 10"S DO SOUND GOOD. HAVE YOU ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE STEALTHBOXES THAT WILL HOUSE A 12" SUB. I WAS THINKING ABOUT TRYING THAT BUT HAVENT SEEN ONE IN PERSON AND DONT KNOW THE QUALITY OF THE BOX. THAT IS WHY I WAS THINKING 10"S