Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

WOW!!- Check out this spy photo of the new HEMI V8 Wagon!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 02:54 PM

Since the 6v Chrysler Pacifica wagon is going to sell for around $35,000 I would bet that this new V8 wagon is going to sell for around $40-45,000.

Cool car -bad price
Old 11-21-2002, 04:31 PM

I gave it a try:

http://ohok.com/hemi4dr.png

Not bad for a Mopar, at least from the side. From the little of the front & rear clips I can see, it's another of those unfortunate "protruding cranium" designs with no bumper indents..

GT
Old 11-21-2002, 04:35 PM

Now make it completely opposite of its original design, shorter and in coupe form
Old 11-21-2002, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by gab
Saw that in a magazine-pullout of the SanFrancisco Weekend Chronicle a few months ago for, I believe, what vehicle's new in 2003.

My wife really liked it and would consider trading in the 2001 Grand Cherokee for that. Prior to seeing that, there's nothing out there she likes right now that can replace her Grand Ltd "Petrovich". Even I don't have a name for my car???!!!!
your wife is russian?

i don't care. i like wagons. especially wagons with 300hp+ v8s. I'd take it as is.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:46 PM
gab

Originally posted by morb|d
your wife is russian?

i don't care. i like wagons. especially wagons with 300hp+ v8s. I'd take it as is.
ya!!! she is.....

...and I really like Kizz's rendering of the Pacifica. That got me going!!!
Old 11-22-2002, 01:59 AM

looks like a pretty sweet car especially the pgotoshop
looks like a real land yacht though still like it though
Old 11-22-2002, 06:41 PM
Banned

The company that invented the minivan has reinvented...the station wagon? Judging by the 20 inch rims and pill-box window line, this wagon is more about posing than hauling.

The picture also reveil a shocking resemblance to Audi styling themes. Is there some reason why every car has to look like an inverted bathtub? I guess the Hudson Hornet and Packard Clipper were just ahead of their time.

The Charger R/T and Chrysler 300C concept convertible gave me hope that the new RWD Mopars might be lookers. This spy photo, and the excruciatingly ugly Hemi Eight, have proven otherwise.

A car that looks this much like a pig had better have phenomenal power.
Old 11-23-2002, 06:18 PM

Originally posted by redzed
The company that invented the minivan has reinvented...the station wagon? Judging by the 20 inch rims and pill-box window line, this wagon is more about posing than hauling.

The picture also reveil a shocking resemblance to Audi styling themes. Is there some reason why every car has to look like an inverted bathtub? I guess the Hudson Hornet and Packard Clipper were just ahead of their time.

The Charger R/T and Chrysler 300C concept convertible gave me hope that the new RWD Mopars might be lookers. This spy photo, and the excruciatingly ugly Hemi Eight, have proven otherwise.

A car that looks this much like a pig had better have phenomenal power.
redzed is quickly becoming the Jay Sherman of this forum.

"It stinks!!"
Old 11-23-2002, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by kizz
I gave it a try:

http://ohok.com/hemi4dr.png

Not bad for a Mopar, at least from the side. From the little of the front & rear clips I can see, it's another of those unfortunate "protruding cranium" designs with no bumper indents..

GT
Now it looks like CTS from center rearward.

I LOVE the front up to the middle (between doors), then it gets kind of slightly out of proportions, like the rear door being a bit smaller than the front.

K-car has tiny rear doors.
Old 11-23-2002, 06:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by redzed

The picture also reveil a shocking resemblance to Audi styling themes.

Ditto! Perhaps it has to do with Daimler, seeing they are bringing some influece from Germany.

Is there some reason why every car has to look like an inverted bathtub?

If you are referring to Audi, I have to disagree with you. In my opinion, Audis are some of the best designed cars. I don't really like TT or current A6, but the new A4 and A8 are gorgeous.
Old 11-23-2002, 06:58 PM

I'll bet the production version will have a much taller roofline and profile. The concept looks cool for the show, but would be very impractical, espescially in a station wagon. I hope they dont try to call it anything other than a station wagon...like one of those activity vehicle names.
Old 11-23-2002, 07:45 PM
Banned

Originally posted by IMPALA64
I'll bet the production version will have a much taller roofline and profile. The concept looks cool for the show, but would be very impractical, espescially in a station wagon. I hope they dont try to call it anything other than a station wagon...like one of those activity vehicle names.
My guess is that the high beltline will remain, as will fairly large wheels. The Crossfire has bigger rubber than even the SLK 32AMG, after all. The only thing in doubt is whether the wagon will make it to production - with the PT Cruiser, Pacifica and minivans, Chrysler already has alot of wagon-like vehicles.

What I'm not clear about is whether there will be two versions of the RWD cars - high riding sedans/wagons and lower slung coupes/sedans. Considering that the competing Ford 500/Crosstrainer duo will fall into the "highcar" camp, I'm afraid that Chrysler will follow suit.

I also don't see how the Hemi-powered MOPARs will fall much beneath $40,000. Considering that upscale Chryslers have never sold very well in past, and that American consumers have actually become hostile towards rear-wheel drive in mass market sedans, you have to applaud D-C's bravery.

Or maybe it's just Mercedes looking for greater economies of scale...
Old 11-23-2002, 11:05 PM

I agree with most of the above. There is an Audi resemblance, which I find unfortunate like redzed does. The Charger R/T also gave me a lot of hope for DCX hot rods... until the hideous Super8 Hemi appeared

Which brings me to the picture of this wagon. The chopped windows look kind of cool but I'd be amazed if they ever made it to production and I can't help but that I would feel cramped in such a cockpit as the car is pictured. Much as I like the idea of a hot-rod RWD wagon, this is pretty strange. Seriously - how many women are going to like this car if it comes to the showroom with such a low roofline?

The other thing making me hesitate is not having a front or rear view of the car. If it has the ridiculous Super8 Hemi "cattle gate" front grille", FORGET IT. That front end ruined the Super8. What's the rear end look like? Again - we will have to wait and see.