CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/)
-   -   Saw a new Malibu Eco commercial yesterday (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/saw-new-malibu-eco-commercial-yesterday-868540/)

HuJass 08-25-2012 01:22 PM

Saw a new Malibu Eco commercial yesterday

Just watched a commercial for the new Malibu Eco last night.

A guy pulls in to the Chevy dealership in his new Camry and the salesman says "trading the old girl in are you?" to which the guy says "this is a new Camry and I just came over to see what the new Malibu Eco looks like".
He then gets out of his Camry and goes over to look at the Malibu. While he is looking it over the salesman is checking out his Camry saying "this is new?" and other derogatory stuff. Finally he bends over and looks inside the Camry, stands up, and goes "hmmm". Another salesman standing next to him asks what he was looking at and the salesman says . . .

"I was looking for the cassette deck"

Instant win!

Loved this commerical.

Anyone else see it?
I can't find it on the net yet.

30thZ286speed 08-26-2012 03:39 PM

Re: Saw a new Malibu Eco commercial yesterday

I haven't seen it yet, I like the sound of it. This is the kind of commercial GM should do with the Volt vs. Prius/other hybrids.

Camaro X 08-27-2012 05:58 AM

Doesn't the Camry have an 8 track?

Z28Wilson 08-27-2012 07:05 AM

I've seen it once. I remember thinking, "Wow, this is really a GM commercial? The gloves are finally off!"

HAZ-Matt 08-27-2012 11:11 AM

No, the gloves are really off now that they have Isaac Mizrahi endorsing the Malibu. Ha.
Fashion guru Isaac Mizrahi shills for... the Chevy Malibu?

If we didn't know that this news came from AdWeek we'd think it came from The Onion. Fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi, previously connected to everything from Bergdorf Goodman and Liz Claiborne to QVC and "Project Runway," is throwing his name behind the Chevy Malibu.

You see, General Motors, attempting to "put a stake in the ground and commit to the growing women's segment" with the Malibu, of all things, has tapped Mizrahi to assist.

How will he do this? By creating a clothing line called Malibu Style, "inspired by the new Malibu," that will be sold exclusively on the daily deal site Living Social. Mizrahi says the line is to "celebrate a new approach to everyday style" that appeals to smart women who have their own personal flair. Speaking of his devotion to color, which he calls "the most important luxury in a woman's life," Mizrahi said, "One of the things I was inspired by was a blue light that emanates from the dashboard. It's just sexy." That is an actual quote.

The campaign will be aided and abetted by a Facebook page and a series of 50 videos featuring Mizrahi driving a Malibu in cosmopolitan cities that are home to smart, fabulous women. We've posted the launch video below.