Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Official Picture of the new GTR and info. Corvette Killer

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:10 PM

Does Dodge market the Viper as a Camaro killer?
No.
The GTR costs way more than a base Vette.
Void comparison.
Motor Trend loses again.

And for those of you talking about the Z06...there is no way that the GTR can beat the upcoming Z06.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:27 PM

^^^ Never say never...
Old 10-16-2007, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by number77
Does Dodge market the Viper as a Camaro killer?
No.
The GTR costs way more than a base Vette.
Void comparison.
Motor Trend loses again.

And for those of you talking about the Z06...there is no way that the GTR can beat the upcoming Z06.

You are so blinded.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:57 PM

I'm looking forward to the upcoming comparos (hands on comparos) of the Z06 and the new GTR. I'm all for a new fast "affordable" (not to me alas...) performance car.

I'm rooting for the Z06 to work that *** over on a road course but I guess we'll see. The AWD will certainly make the GTR a definite contender for the 0-60 and 1/4 mile though.

I think it's interesting though the MT cover doesn't actually say Z06 killer, it says faster than 911 Turbo performance for Z06 Price. Then seems to indicate it's a regular Corvette killer.... Hell I'd like to see how it stacks up against a new Z51 Vette on a road course.

Last edited by Ray86IROC; 10-16-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Russ99TA
You are so blinded.
I think by upcoming Z06 he meant the ZR1 aka "Blue Devil"
Old 10-16-2007, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by My Red 93Z-28
I think by upcoming Z06 he meant the ZR1 aka "Blue Devil"

Which will cost waaaay more than a Z06, at which point he will compare to the less-expensive GT-R.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by TallicA32
Which will cost waaaay more than a Z06, at which point he will compare to the less-expensive GT-R.
Touche
Old 10-17-2007, 02:09 AM

i hate how most of the people on this forums defend all the imports but own Camaros/Firebirds but use them as weekend warriors and then drive import heapers because they "get better gas mileage". Now the import POS will beat the Z06 etc etc etc run them stock for stock with a REAL Record crew etc and see who wins dont get a pissy when we say that the Z06 wont lose. Those who think they are "Domestic Owners" because they only drive there F-Bodys 2 days a week if that need to STFU and go rice out your POS and sell yer domestic car to some one who will DRIVE it like its meant to be DRIVEN! are cars arent meant to be weekend warriors are cars were made to be DRIVEN! now to the Import POS vs Z06 no imports are as fast/faster as the domestics until they add "BOOST" or "N20" so what add "Boost" or "N20" to a domestic and see who wins, and yes that new GT-R is FUGLY and DRUGLY!

Last edited by Executioner2k5; 10-17-2007 at 02:11 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Russ99TA
You are so blinded.
You seem to be blinded as well. I imagine the truth is somewhere in the middle.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Executioner2k5
i hate how most of the people on this forums defend all the imports but own Camaros/Firebirds but use them as weekend warriors and then drive import heapers because they "get better gas mileage". Now the import POS will beat the Z06 etc etc etc run them stock for stock with a REAL Record crew etc and see who wins dont get a pissy when we say that the Z06 wont lose. Those who think they are "Domestic Owners" because they only drive there F-Bodys 2 days a week if that need to STFU and go rice out your POS and sell yer domestic car to some one who will DRIVE it like its meant to be DRIVEN! are cars arent meant to be weekend warriors are cars were made to be DRIVEN! now to the Import POS vs Z06 no imports are as fast/faster as the domestics until they add "BOOST" or "N20" so what add "Boost" or "N20" to a domestic and see who wins, and yes that new GT-R is FUGLY and DRUGLY!
Wow.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:24 AM

From someone who has been a passenger in a European R-32 and who has personally driven an R-34 the Nissan Skyline GTR series is definitely worth it where ever it is sold.

The ATESSA system will blow your mind and the GTR series cars are definitely some of the most gadgety cars on the market. As much as people say, "It's just a Nissan" let me put it this way. Nissan throws EVERYTHING they have at the cars.

Unlike Dodge, or Team Corvette that make incrimental changes to keep up or JUST beat competitively. Nissan lays it all out on the table.

THAT said. To me they are completely over-hyped by the F&F crowd / Skyline nuthuggers. They are great cars in Japan / Europe and soon to be in the U.S. but they ARE NOT as awesome as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin or GT3/GT2 cars. Priced lower yes, debatable ammo (Just as the Vette) as one of the best bang for buck cars out, but still not exotic.

And what absolutely kills me about this car is the no manual option. As weird as driving the R-34 was (shifting left handed) it was still fun.

For those that automatically skorn the GTR series cars, read up on ATESSA you will be impressed. For those that believe the Skyline is the end all car on the planet, lets wait for actual release and testing of the car FROM REAL people. Those are professional drivers on the ring in both the Z06 and the GTR even the record holding production CGT run was a professional. You and I will never touch those times even with the same car.

If I had $80k to throw at a car it wouldn't be a GTR, nor would it be a Z06

911 Carrera S

Last edited by Melee Penguin; 10-17-2007 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:13 AM

I will go on record right now and say that it will NOT be a Corvette killer.

Nothing else to say on that.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:22 AM

I love it when people say it won't be becaue of their roots. Never say never. If it runs those times, then it is definitely a C6 killer, but maybe not a Z06 one.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:27 AM

Regardless of whichever one has the supposed tiny edge in performance, I would buy the Corvette. I'd rather have the gigantic v8 than the boosted v6, and, in my opinion, the corvette is gorgeous while this new Nissan looks really weird from every angle.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:27 AM

IMHO, the Vette styling has little to desire for these days. It looks dated and hasn't chnaged much at all.

Quick Reply: Official Picture of the new GTR and info. Corvette Killer