Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Official Picture of the new GTR and info. Corvette Killer

Old 10-16-2007, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Russ99TA
It already was posting faster times on the track in germany than the Z06. So no doubt this car can kill the Z06.
Originally Posted by Z28Wilson
Allegedly.

The first time reported was 7:15, which was determined to be ridiculously, stupidly-fast. The next time was 7:3x, which would seem to be more reasonable. So who's to say what the times are.
Uh, yeah ... I remember reading about that too. Sorry, but I think we need something more concrete than a bogus number, then a "oh, it was actually, uh, 7:3x " .....

..... I have "no doubt" that the Z06 will walk the GTR around the 'Ring.

Disclaimer: I base this on no real information, other than I'll believe otherwise when it can be PROVEN .

GTR + Chip > Z06 with Procharger.
A engine designed for boost will be able to take way more boost than one not. Just like the Supra Engine. The vette in stock form will not touch the boost a GTR can do wtih stock internals.
So I guess you're really digging the GTR then? How many HP do you think it'll pump out? I guess we'll really just have to sit back, wait and see?
Old 10-16-2007, 02:50 PM

No likey the nose. Otherwise impressive performance.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:53 PM

Old 10-16-2007, 02:54 PM

Real info was the GTR was seen running 7:38 around a track, forget which one, which was faster than the Porsche 911, and quicker than the Z06 Vette.

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
Uh, yeah ... I remember reading about that too. Sorry, but I think we need something more concrete than a bogus number, then a "oh, it was actually, uh, 7:3x " .....

..... I have "no doubt" that the Z06 will walk the GTR around the 'Ring.

Disclaimer: I base this on no real information, other than I'll believe otherwise when it can be PROVEN .

So I guess you're really digging the GTR then? How many HP do you think it'll pump out? I guess we'll really just have to sit back, wait and see?
Old 10-16-2007, 02:58 PM

Real info was the GTR was seen running 7:38 around a track, forget which one, which was faster than the Porsche 911, and quicker than the Z06 Vette.
but was it stock?? I'll wait until you can buy one to see the head to head comparisons.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:06 PM

Old 10-16-2007, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Z28x
but was it stock?? I'll wait until you can buy one to see the head to head comparisons.
Of course it was stock. lol like aftermarket companies have even gotten there hands on it.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:14 PM

It has push button 'START' so it must be superior to the 'Vette.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:14 PM

What "real info"? That time was claimed by an unreliable source, without any accurate testing equipment. The racetrack was the famous Nurburgring Nordschleife. For reference, the 505 HP, 3100 lb. (700 lbs. less than the GT-R) Z06 ran a 7:42 lap time. Several more exotic cars are within 1-4 seconds.

For an even better reference, the Bugatti Veyron, with 983 HP, AWD, 4100 lb. (only 300 pounds more than the GT-R), ran a 7:40.

Anyone with half a brain can see that there's no way the GT-R is running a 7:38.

And, on a side note, the interior on the GT-R is pretty cheap-looking. It looks like something you could get in an Altima.

Last edited by skorpion317; 10-16-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by skorpion317
What "real info"? That time was claimed by an unreliable source, without any accurate testing equipment. The racetrack was the famous Nurburgring Nordschleife. For reference, the 505 HP, 3100 lb. (700 lbs. less than the GT-R) Z06 ran a 7:42 lap time. Several more exotic cars are within 1-4 seconds.

For an even better reference, the Bugatti Veyron, with 983 HP, AWD, 4100 lb. (only 300 pounds more than the GT-R), ran a 7:40.

Anyone with half a brain can see that there's no way the GT-R is running a 7:38.

And, on a side note, the interior on the GT-R is pretty cheap-looking. It looks like something you could get in an Altima.

Cheap? And this is coming from someone who owns a Domestic? lol.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:33 PM

Oooooh, I liek what I see in the pictures.

Enough with the arguing. People on this board defend the Z06 like they personally designed and built it. Its cool and all, but theres more to a car than performance numbers.

Then on the flip side, 90% of GTR buzz is speculation. It'll undoubtedly be an awesome performer, but does it really matter if it outruns a Z06 or not? It looks to be a fairly practical, high performance coupe with a lot of tech gadgets.

If they were both the same price, would personally choose the GTR, but thats just me.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:38 PM

LOL, you must be new here...

Having said that, it's an $80K car. It is claimed to be the ****. So don't expect everyone to sit back and swallow the BS that magazines feed us. This will be scrutinized. And while there is no proof one way or another, a lot of opinion offered here that you dispute is based on common sense and history and experience. Not that it cannot be wrong. But until we hear otherwise, we are not going to buy data from unreliable, unproven, unreproduced sources.

By the way, the above is a fallacy - just because he has a domestic with a cheap interior does not mean that he cannot accurately assess the interior of the car he does not have.

It still looks like a great car, and you appear to like it a lot. I'm curiuos to see production info. If this car matches performance of the Z06 or comes very close to it, and is similar in price - I'll be impressed, seriously, and will give it the credit it deserves. Until then - let's wait and see, and stop bench racing.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:44 PM

New? Look at when I registered.

Per what I read, 1800 the first year are suppose to be produced.

Originally Posted by muckz
LOL, you must be new here...

Having said that, it's an $80K car. It is claimed to be the ****. So don't expect everyone to sit back and swallow the BS that magazines feed us. This will be scrutinized. And while there is no proof one way or another, a lot of opinion offered here that you dispute is based on common sense and history and experience. Not that it cannot be wrong. But until we hear otherwise, we are not going to buy data from unreliable, unproven, unreproduced sources.

By the way, the above is a fallacy - just because he has a domestic with a cheap interior does not mean that he cannot accurately assess the interior of the car he does not have.

It still looks like a great car, and you appear to like it a lot. I'm curiuos to see production info. If this car matches performance of the Z06 or comes very close to it, and is similar in price - I'll be impressed, seriously, and will give it the credit it deserves. Until then - let's wait and see, and stop bench racing.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Steve0
Enough with the arguing. People on this board defend the Z06 like they personally designed and built it. Its cool and all, but theres more to a car than performance numbers.

Then on the flip side, 90% of GTR buzz is speculation.
If there's more to the car than performance #'s, then why come out, guns a-blazin', claiming to be a "Z06 Killer"???? PROVE IT, and I will respect the car. Undermine peoples' basic intelligence (I can do math on power/weight ratios) and they're going to retort against it.

I think your statement about the speculation is bang on .
Old 10-16-2007, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by muckz
You could say "it takes one to know one."

Having owned a 1990 Celica, a 1998 Saturn SL2, and two 1998 Camaros, you could say I've seen my fair share of cheap interiors. The interior on the GT-R looks cheap.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official Picture of the new GTR and info. Corvette Killer