CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/)
-   -   New Saleen Mustang pics (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/new-saleen-mustang-pics-324277/)

Z28Wilson 12-09-2004 08:37 PM

New Saleen Mustang pics

http://www.dieselstation.com/archive...-Mustang-2005/

Um....not a fan. The factory car looks a lot better. Discuss.

Indelibility 12-09-2004 08:39 PM

Re: New Saleen Mustang pics

Been posted before...and it's still ugly.

There's always next time to be the first to post :thumb:

:p

BigDarknFast 12-09-2004 08:52 PM

It looks great to me. Taillights are a tiny bit weird... but everything else looks excellent. The new Stangs are great looking cars and the Saleen for the most part is too, in my book.

NikiVee 12-09-2004 08:55 PM

I'm not a Mustang fan, but that is one sharp car. To say that car is ugly is just wrong.

TA76 12-09-2004 08:56 PM

Like all mustangs... it looks great if you are cruising for hot gay sex! :D

ProudPony 12-09-2004 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
It looks great to me. Taillights are a tiny bit weird... but everything else looks excellent. The new Stangs are great looking cars and the Saleen for the most part is too, in my book.

:bow:

Whereyabeen dude!

As for the Saleen, it has grown on me a little over the last 6 weeks, but it certainly didn't shake my shoes the first time I saw it. I still think Fords "Boy-Racer" has the right look - it's my personal fav at this point.

MunchE 12-09-2004 09:13 PM

Call me crazy but I like it. the one thing I hate on the GTs is that they have those ugly fog lamps, so I'm glad to see those gone. The kit and wheels are tastefully aggressive. I never did like those saleen hash marks, though. The spoiler is pretty blah, too.

Well, I just looked at it from the back. BLAH!

The front end looks nice tho.

guionM 12-09-2004 09:54 PM

Don't like it. Too over the top. Doesn't have a finished look like Saleens of the past.

Rear spoiler has to be THAT big??
Mustang already has massive rear overhang countering it's lack of any overhange out front. That additional rear extention does it no favors.
That grille with Mustang's single round lights looks like an 70s era Monaro head on, though it's a bit less cheesey at an angle.

On the plus side, I like the rims and how the wheels fill the wheelwells.
The front bumper cover isn't all that bad. Looks decent, actually.
The rear black "fill-in" would look good on a Mustang without that tail extention.
The center exhaust is pretty slick (just like Camaro's was).

Overall, I'd go for the powertrain & suspension upgrades, and by pass the cosmetics.

johnsocal 12-09-2004 10:04 PM

Since I hate that giant foglights on the Factory Mustang GT I have to say I prefer Saleen's method of integrating the addition lights into the body work but other then that the Saleen Mustang looks over-done and will look dated pretty fast.

Ramune 12-09-2004 10:18 PM

If adding all the cladding and whatnot didn't cost an extra 10 grand, I'd be all over that thing. I'm a Firebird owner. Over the top is what we like.

unvc92camarors 12-09-2004 10:21 PM

i like the rear better
i think the factory rear looks too awkward and bulky
other that that, still the mustang
i start to warm up to them, then i just find that i can't for some reason

SNEAKY NEIL 12-09-2004 10:37 PM

Mustangs have never looked like sports cars to me and the 05's look even more like sedans. Is it just me or does it seem like you could stick another door on there and it would look right at home. The Saleen pics just look like a guised up sports sedan.

Steve0 12-09-2004 10:42 PM

I really like it. In my opinion it's the "least retro" version of the new Stang I've seen.

Heatmaker 12-09-2004 10:56 PM

It's a very well done car and it all goes together... interesting how Saleen can design an S7... then adapt the same theme to all the otehr cars... liik at the rear... same theme as the S7... I like.... can't beat the Saleen Gills...

Chuck! 12-09-2004 11:17 PM

I like the Roush one better.