Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

New Mustang site is up

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Well, it doesn't have 400hp... that ought to shut a few people up.

Um yea, all we heard about was how the redesign got a new engine that was going to be awe inspiring. Is this the start of Ford's supposed amazing new lineup or not? If it is, color me unimpressed.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by grossesexy
Um yea, all we heard about was how the redesign got a new engine that was going to be awe inspiring. Is this the start of Ford's supposed amazing new lineup or not? If it is, color me unimpressed.

The new engines come next year. The Mustang's marketers figure a wave of buyers will get the '10 because of it's freshened looks and a whole new wave will buy the '11 because of it's new powertrains.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:42 PM

I like some aspects and not others. It has some changes to the 2005 body that seem to be done just for the sake of change. I like the hips and interior but the nose and tail are worse. It's a nice mild facelift and refresh.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
The new engines come next year. The Mustang's marketers figure a wave of buyers will get the '10 because of it's freshened looks and a whole new wave will buy the '11 because of it's new powertrains.
Ok so the amazing engine is in the 2011 model, can't wait to see that.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:28 AM

Interior looks A LOT better. I'm on the fence on the exterior, leaning towards "I'm not feeliin' it" (and I love the exterior of the current GT's.)
Old 11-18-2008, 12:54 AM
Banned

I think anybody not a huge car person would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the two just by looking at it. I don't think a 2010 is going to roll by somebody and they're going to say, "Hey, there goes a new Mustang!"

The interior is better, but nothing great. Hell, it doesn't really take that much to improve upon the one in the current Mustang which is one of the worst I've ever been in.

On another note though, the intro video and the website are great. Now if only GM can do that with the Camaro instead of some watered down version that basically tells you the price and MPG as is drives lazily down a road or through a city.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:01 AM

As a note, someone asked about weight. Edmunds says that the GT gained 15lbs. However, the car has alot more standard equipment............... so I don't know the comparison of equipment vs equipment.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:21 AM

Nice refresh, but the new 'stang seems weak compared to the Camaro. Like GM put far more effort into it. I'll wait until both are on the streets to make an educated comparison.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by 94LightningGal
As a note, someone asked about weight. Edmunds says that the GT gained 15lbs. However, the car has alot more standard equipment............... so I don't know the comparison of equipment vs equipment.
I read +35 pounds on autoblog.com for the GT. 15 for the V6, I think. I'll be it's with comparable equipment.

Charlie, I thought it was supposed to be lighter.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by FactoryZ
I see a lot of stolen camaro cues in that car.
Which is funny because the design of the 2010 Mustang was locked before the 2010 Camaro was ever shown.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:23 AM

I really hate to say this, but at the risk of needing a flame suit, I like the design of the new Mustang's interior, and IMO the Camaro's interior design is no contest to it.

I will be checking out the interior on Wednesday when I get to the LA show, so that great impression in pictures can still be wrecked by cheap feeling materials (like the current Mustang was to my opinion), but by looks alone, I love the interior.

The exterior looks tighter. It's not quite as sinister as the Camaro (my late dad's description of the Camaro at it's introduction), but it's Dark Knight look has been turned up quite a few notches over the relatively harmless look of the current version.

Originally Posted by FactoryZ
I saw that wow. looks like the rs camaro might be reigning that pony in too. How can the 4.0 v6 mustang only have 210?! I see a lot of stolen camaro cues in that car.
Considering that the Mustang was done first, someone must have has a time machine. Perhaps it was Camaro that stole from the Mustang, huh?
Old 11-18-2008, 06:24 AM

I was hoping it had the 1969 Mach 1 style hip vents.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:41 AM

So the V8 is carry over, what about the V6? Will it be getting the 3.5L or is it still stuck with that 90's Ford Ranger engine?
Old 11-18-2008, 07:17 AM

I dunno, from the picture ImportedRoomate posted it looks like they've even further pronounced the Bubba Gump-like underbite of the front end. I think the hips are a step in the right direction as they make the profile at least somewhat interesting. Still, I can't help but detect a slight hint of Mustang II somehow.

Originally Posted by guionM
I really hate to say this, but at the risk of needing a flame suit, I like the design of the new Mustang's interior, and IMO the Camaro's interior design is no contest to it.
No flame suit necessary. I don't see much in the way of HUGE interior changes, but it doesn't take much to trump the Camaro's interior. Of course, I've been one of the biggest Camaro interior critics here.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Good Ph.D
The little tweaks are definetly nice, but if anything, they highlight the overall blockiness of the body.

IMO, it should have looked like that too being with, especially the interior.

i concur.

overall i expected...... more.

Quick Reply: New Mustang site is up