CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/)
-   -   Lutz discusses Solstice, future Halo vehicles for each brand (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/lutz-discusses-solstice-future-halo-vehicles-each-brand-394155/)

Z28Wilson 09-01-2005 10:40 AM

Lutz discusses Solstice, future Halo vehicles for each brand

Good read.

http://www.freep.com/money/autonews/lutz1e_20050901.htm

My only disappointment is no mention of Camaro of course, but I would think a slick new Camaro for the masses could do wonders for Chevrolet even beyond what Corvette does.

NewbieWar 09-01-2005 10:53 AM

Re: Lutz discusses Solstice, future Halo vehicles for each brand

Originally Posted by Z28Wilson
Good read.

http://www.freep.com/money/autonews/lutz1e_20050901.htm

My only disappointment is no mention of Camaro of course, but I would think a slick new Camaro for the masses could do wonders for Chevrolet even beyond what Corvette does.

its not good that lutz puts Toyota ahead of GM as far as capabilities...

but its good to see Lutz is excited to be working with GM... and he is quite pleased with some of the vehicles soon to come out...

falchulk 09-01-2005 11:03 AM

Toyota is more capable becuase they have more money. They also have the world convinced that everything they sell is of higer quality and more reliable then anyone else.

Z28Wilson 09-01-2005 11:11 AM

Lutz did not put Toyota ahead of GM in terms of capabilities, he just said equal. Toyota's monster net worth gives it a distinct advantage of course, but IMO they can never build that classic American, emotionally-charged "gotta have" product. That's how GM, Ford, and Chrysler are going to have to survive.

Z28Marcus 09-01-2005 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Z28Wilson
... but IMO they can never build that classic American, emotionally-charged "gotta have" product. That's how GM, Ford, and Chrysler are going to have to survive.

Which is why GM NEEDs a worthwhile new Camaro (not some half-hearted stab courtesy of beancounters) and why FORD is still selling the Mustang. In some ways, those products define this country - clearly something hat Toyota could never do.

Chuck! 09-01-2005 12:08 PM

Lutz is a breath of fresh air; I enjoy reading his interviews. He seems like a guy who'd post here.

Darth Xed 09-01-2005 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck!
Lutz is a breath of fresh air; I enjoy reading his interviews. He seems like a guy who'd post here.

I do... er.... um... nevermind. ;)

NewbieWar 09-01-2005 12:14 PM

maybe he does... :shock: :shrug: :cz28:

if he does, sorry i insulted you lutz in previous posts, ever since i started reading fastlane blogs i really got a feel for his person, although he does have a pretty big mouth, that he spouts off from time to time, like the time he said something about the damaged brands that referenced to another close up...

but besides that Lutz seems like a good person to have his hands around the camaros crystal ball...

wasnt he the one who announced the discontinue of the f-body?

turbo96z28 09-01-2005 12:21 PM

if he did, he could share the can of gas and matches with Scott! :D

it's good to see Lutz so excited abut GM and what they CAN do in the market place rather than what they think will be safe. GM has got to take chances and it's good to see Lutz is all for it! :thumb:

RussStang 09-01-2005 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by NewbieWar
maybe he does... :shock: :shrug: :cz28:

if he does, sorry i insulted you lutz in previous posts, ever since i started reading fastlane blogs i really got a feel for his person, although he does have a pretty big mouth, that he spouts off from time to time, like the time he said something about the damaged brands that referenced to another close up...

but besides that Lutz seems like a good person to have his hands around the camaros crystal ball...

wasnt he the one who announced the discontinue of the f-body?

I would rather have someone who with a loud mouth who speaks his mind, than someone who just tells everyone what they want to hear all the time, and never has any meaning behind it, aka most politicians.

I hope their are more people at GM that share a similiar thought process with him.

SCNGENNFTHGEN 09-01-2005 01:31 PM

I have thought from day one, Lutz was good for GM! :) That was a good read.

NewbieWar 09-01-2005 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by SCNGENNFTHGEN
I have though from day one, Lutz was good for GM! :) That was a good read.

well for a while lutz was being used as a scapegoat... now thats on lutz... but still there are problems at gm, that need someone as a scapegoat... this isnt good

something must get fixed, although products are getting better there needs to be something to fix the long term of GM

Z28x 09-01-2005 01:34 PM

What about GMC?

Why don't they bring back the Syclone based on the GMC Canyon?

NewbieWar 09-01-2005 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Z28x
What about GMC?

Why don't they bring back the Syclone based on the GMC Canyon?

I like how they are starting to differenciate between GMC and chevy, being right next to a GMC they are our rival, and its a pretty unfortunate... GM shouldnt have this amongst its dealerships...

make them better, more valuable, and more expensive...

the Envoy EUV, thats something you cant get with TrailBlazer, thats good...

need more differences throughout the lineups...

number77 09-01-2005 04:23 PM

Maybe GMC could have the cyclone/typhoon? They made the trailblazer SS, which is suppost to be a bit sporty, so I guess its possible to go all out?