CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/)
-   -   A little bird told me... (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/little-bird-told-me-660233/)

JakeRobb 01-07-2009 07:48 AM

A little bird told me...

A little bird told me that the Today Show crew will be taping a segment this morning in which Matt Lauer drives the Volt.

I don't know when the episode will air yet.

Adam4356 01-07-2009 12:19 PM

i wanna see Al Roker do weather in a ZR1 at 185mph+ , no cussing and no nervous eating.

anasazi 01-07-2009 12:29 PM

probably tomorrow morning when he interviews mr CEO himself

Z28x 01-07-2009 12:42 PM

ZR1 would be better, but I guess now is not the time.

formula79 01-07-2009 12:44 PM

Where is my yawn smilie?

Oh...There is is....

:tired:

99SilverSS 01-07-2009 12:59 PM

Boring and pointless probably but still important for GM and their PR. There is one thing that has become very clear over the last several months when the bailouts and auto loans took front page and headline news is that the public perception of the Domestic brands isn't very good. A lot of people in a lot of different areas voiced a lot of criticism and opened their opinions up because it was in the news. Just the Domestic brands asking for money alone made them look even worse.

Really one of the largest failures in the history of the Domestic brands is their failure to turn pubic opinion around to match their advancements in vehicle design and build quality.

Dragoneye 01-07-2009 01:19 PM

This should be pretty big as far as early-morning watchers are concerned. TODAY is widely respected around here. :thumb:

They're interviewing tomorrow, anasazi? I'll have to try and catch that.

indieaz 01-07-2009 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by formula79 (Post 5770612)
Where is my yawn smilie?
Oh...There is is....
:tired:

It might be boring...but the Today show has serious viewership. I imagine the people who watc the Today show on a regular basis are not the kind who keep up with the automotive world. This is an excellent chance for GM to demonstrate that this vehicle is real. I think in the minds of most americans the volt is essentially a concept vehicle still.

JakeRobb 01-07-2009 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by indieaz (Post 5770802)
I think in the minds of most americans the volt is essentially a concept vehicle still.

I think most (>50%) Americans have never even heard of the Volt.

anasazi 01-07-2009 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 5770705)
This should be pretty big as far as early-morning watchers are concerned. TODAY is widely respected around here. :thumb:

They're interviewing tomorrow, anasazi? I'll have to try and catch that.

yes they've had a few adverts for it

tomorrow on the TODAY show he'll be driving the volt and interview wagoner. they're taking question suggestions on the TODAY show website.

anasazi 01-07-2009 06:14 PM

FYI:

http://fyi.gmblogs.com/2009/01/today_show_tomorrow.html

looks like Gettelfinger will be there ... this should be interesting

91_z28_4me 01-07-2009 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by anasazi (Post 5771245)
FYI:

http://fyi.gmblogs.com/2009/01/today_show_tomorrow.html

looks like Gettelfinger will be there ... this should be interesting

Lets hope a fistfight breaks out. My money is on Wagner (the dude looks to have quite a reach advantage).

formula79 01-07-2009 09:32 PM

Most people who would care about this sort of thing go into ignore mode the second they hear the letters GM uttered...especially after the bailout. Further more, the Volt has lost a lot of it's luster now that most people are more worried about getting laid off and paying then bills than the price of gas.

Originally Posted by indieaz (Post 5770802)
It might be boring...but the Today show has serious viewership. I imagine the people who watc the Today show on a regular basis are not the kind who keep up with the automotive world. This is an excellent chance for GM to demonstrate that this vehicle is real. I think in the minds of most americans the volt is essentially a concept vehicle still.

guionM 01-08-2009 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Adam4356 (Post 5770565)
i wanna see Al Roker do weather in a ZR1 at 185mph+ , no cussing and no nervous eating.

I'd actually get up in the morning to watch that segment. :lol:

Dragoneye 01-08-2009 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by guionM (Post 5772966)
I'd actually get up in the morning to watch that segment. :lol:

I take it you didn't watch it this morning, then...;)

Ed Welburn uncovered only the front of the Chevy Beat...leading me to believe they changed something about the rear...anyways it's gonna be at NAIAS, and Welburn looked like there was something special going on.

A North America announcement regarding the Beat, maybe?:) :shrug: