Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

How long does it take for an build order to get "picked up in the system" by GM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 12:04 PM
BBOMG Organizer

Re: How long does it take for an build order to get "picked up in the system" by GM?

Originally Posted by Darth Xed
Thanks for the link, I didnt know about this site.

It doesn't look like it is an actual GM site, though... how are they associated or how do they get the order info if that is correct?
It is not a GM site. They interface with a GM computer to give you your information. It only reports what the GM computer reports so if you find an error in your order, you should contact your dealership and ask them to double check.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:34 PM

Re: How long does it take for an build order to get "picked up in the system" by GM?

It should go in within a week, w/ the order being picked up shortly thereafter. The only reason it wouldn't would be was if the dealer didn't have allocation, or if some option you selected was on constraint, neither of which is likely w/ a Traverse. You should be driving it in 6-8 weeks.

Congrats! If you ever need to shrink your fleet, keep me in mind .

Last edited by CLEAN; 01-26-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:26 AM

Well, I got notified yesterday that our Traverse just came off the truck (yesterday)

That is a grand total of just 20 DAYS from the night I placed the order at the dealership to the day it was delivered to the dealership!

That is pretty damn fast!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Darth Xed
Well, I got notified yesterday that our Traverse just came off the truck (yesterday)

That is a grand total of just 20 DAYS from the night I placed the order at the dealership to the day it was delivered to the dealership!

That is pretty damn fast!
Wow, that is very fast. I remember my parents ordering a car and it took them months to get it.