Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Dodge M80 headed for production.

Old 11-22-2002, 07:34 AM

Originally posted by 2000redSS
I'm not afraid to say I love it. I think it's awsome. You can say anything you want about me or my taste in cars, but I'd be willing to buy one and that's all dodge cares about, so go ahead dodge, build it!
Hmmm... just got done reading how you hate the current Monte Carlo and it's ugly lines... yet you love this.... Hmmmmmmm...
Old 11-22-2002, 10:56 AM

Oh let my apologize my master for having my own opinion. Yes I think the current Monte is UGLY, and that this truck is NOT UGLY. Oh my god doesn't than blow your mind that someone might actually have a different opinion than you!?? What is this world coming to??
Anyway I think this truck successfully evokes the same feeling the shapes of the origional powerwagon does. yes I realize it looks toylike. I can get over that it's still cool looking. In the monte's case it's just ugly. Don't get me wrong I like the 80s montes lines, I'd like one lowered with some torq thrusts and an LS1, but the current monte is a joke plain and simple.
Old 11-22-2002, 11:20 AM

Oh let my apologize my master for having my own opinion. Yes I think the current Monte is UGLY, and that this truck is NOT UGLY. Oh my god doesn't than blow your mind that someone might actually have a different opinion than you!?? What is this world coming to??
Anyway I think this truck successfully evokes the same feeling the shapes of the origional powerwagon does. yes I realize it looks toylike. I can get over that it's still cool looking. In the monte's case it's just ugly. Don't get me wrong I like the 80s montes lines, I'd like one lowered with some torq thrusts and an LS1, but the current monte is a joke plain and simple.
LOL!

Get a grip.

You come in and declare the Monte "UGLY" and this "AWESOME" ... you are the one bitching about stuff... not me.

Old 11-22-2002, 11:31 AM

Thumbs down

Case in point exhibiting your troll-ism:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Except for the fact the Monte is FWD I love that car. Monte Carlo SS are some of the best styled cars in GM's line up. Especially when they are black. If the general could rework that car and cram and LS1 and RWD in it, it would sell even more. Your crazy man if you don’t like it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh lord please tell me you are kidding. This is one of the most ignorant comments I have ever heard. Any automobile designer who takes himself seriously will tell you that car is laughably ugly. It's got these, 'I wannabe a '70s body' lines on a fat and slow family hauler chassis. It's heavy, slow, disgracefully ugly, and slapping a SS badge on it doesn't make it sporty. IT'S NOT A SPORTS CAR NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT IT TO BE.
Please don't be a hypocrite...

Old 11-22-2002, 12:20 PM

Question goofy question...

Color me confused, but when I saw the "M80" in the subject line, I started thinking about a car like the '80 - '82 Malibu with the M80 package. Something like this . Here's a shot of the door stripe, and here's one of the whole car (door stripes are not exact originals). There is one of these sitting about 2 miles from my home - all original and pretty well kept. The guy has a burgundy Impala SS too.

I wonder if GM has a copyright on this name "M80" and if they do there maybe laysuits in the future.... If so, I see the truck's price rising!

Last edited by ProudPony; 11-22-2002 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-22-2002, 12:31 PM

Re: goofy question...

Originally posted by ProudPony
Color me confused, but when I saw the "M80" in the subject line, I started thinking about a car like the '80 - '82 Malibu with the M80 package. Something like this . Here's a shot of the door stripe, and here's one of the whole car (door stripes are not exact originals). There is one of these sitting about 2 miles from my home - all original and pretty well kept. The guy has a burgundy Impala SS too.

I wonder if GM has a copyright on this name "M80" and if there maybe laysuits in the future.... If so, I see the truck's price rising!
Wow. I've never seen one of those before.

Was it a factory thing? Or maybe a certain dealer's add-on package or something?
Old 11-22-2002, 12:47 PM

Darth Xed it's you who needs the clue. Whatever you're quoting doesn't make sense. I said the monte is ugly in one comment, the other is someone else talking about how they would love one even if it is FWD. I don't understand what that has to do with me being a hypocrite. I like one vehicle, i don't like another, and if me stating my opinion on the aesthetics of a car is 'bitching' as you so eloquently put it, then yeah, I'm the bitchiest bitch out here.
Old 11-22-2002, 12:52 PM

Darth Xed it's you who needs the clue. Whatever you're quoting doesn't make sense. I said the monte is ugly in one comment, the other is someone else talking about how they would love one even if it is FWD. I don't understand what that has to do with me being a hypocrite. I like one vehicle, i don't like another, and if me stating my opinion on the aesthetics of a car is 'bitching' as you so eloquently put it, then yeah, I'm the bitchiest bitch out here.
Well, if you read you own post, you'd see that the quote is what YOU quoted (in another thread: http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...threadid=48842 ), and then proceed to rip the other posters opinion apart...

So if what I quoted doesn't make sense to YOU, the one who WROTE it, then who else is supposed to understand what you type?

Like I said. Don't be a hypocrite.
Old 11-22-2002, 12:57 PM

Ok is downsyndrome contagious? You posted two quotes. Only 1 was mine. And again you are using the word hypocrite when I don't think you have any idea what it means. I don't care anymore, the Monte Carlo SS is great, grand, perfect whatever, go buy 5 you're right.
Old 11-22-2002, 01:14 PM

Ok is downsyndrome contagious? You posted two quotes. Only 1 was mine. And again you are using the word hypocrite when I don't think you have any idea what it means. I don't care anymore, the Monte Carlo SS is great, grand, perfect whatever, go buy 5 you're right.
Ok, just humor me, and goto this thread:

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...threadid=48842

Now, go down to your ignorant post, and you tell me what I quoted that is not in your post.

I couldn't care less if you like the Monte, the M80, or whatever, but don't act like a 2 year old.

Last edited by Darth Xed; 11-22-2002 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-22-2002, 02:26 PM

Re: Re: goofy question...

Originally posted by Darth Xed
Wow. I've never seen one of those before.

Was it a factory thing? Or maybe a certain dealer's add-on package or something?
Darth,
YES - as far as I know this was a factory option. I have seen them all over the country from Florida to North Dakota. I didn't try to look for any links, I just jumped on that first one I saw for a pic, but there are (or were, anyways) lots of 'em around here in NC. I commonly saw 3 or 4 in the Winston-Salem area, and I recall seeing a few in the papers for sale over the years. They are pretty sharp-looking cars too IMO - for the era anyhow!

If I get a chance to snap a digital of the one in my hometown this weekend, I'll take one and mail it to you if your interested in seeing it. I know his is all original. They were all blue-striped on white, with the steel wheels and trim rings. Most I've seen had blue interior too. I have NO IDEA if there were any driveline/suspension mods.
My interest is piqued... I'll have to ask someone!

[edit] - Darth, here's another link to the M80. Go about 3/4 down the page in the left-hand column.

Last edited by ProudPony; 11-22-2002 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-22-2002, 03:18 PM

Perhaps 2000redSS just prefers cheesy styling? That's the word that comes to my mind when I look at this truck. Cheesy.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:23 AM

Something more to add to the M80 story. Seems there will be 2 versions of this truck. The Dodge version, and a Jeep pickup as well.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:36 AM

Originally posted by guionM
Something more to add to the M80 story. Seems there will be 2 versions of this truck. The Dodge version, and a Jeep pickup as well.
Wow. It's been a while since we've seen a pickup truck by Jeep!