CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/)
-   -   Chevrolet Camaro to Join Mustang and Challenger in NASCAR (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/chevrolet-camaro-join-mustang-challenger-nascar-867778/)

Silverado C-10 07-28-2012 01:46 PM

Chevrolet Camaro to Join Mustang and Challenger in NASCAR

Not sure how I feel about this. I've said NO before, but it actaully doesn't look too bad. The "Camaro" will be running alongside "Mustangs" and "Challengers" in the Nationwide series starting in 2013.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nascar/dam/a...-story-top.jpg

Camaro to race in Nationwide in 2013 - Jul 26, 2012 - NASCAR.COM

King Moose SS 07-28-2012 02:47 PM

Re: Chevrolet Camaro to Join Mustang and Challenger in NASCAR

Like the idea... Hate the execution. Nationwide Nascar series should change the rules for the body of the cars now that 3 pony cars are in the series. The mustang looks like it has down syndrome and the camaro's upper half is way off.

HAZ-Matt 07-28-2012 03:37 PM

This fake Camaro makes me wonder if they couldn't have gotten away with a slightly taller greenhouse so that some of the visibility complaints would have been diminished. Obviously not proportioned like this racecar, but maybe a little taller.

bossco 07-28-2012 03:56 PM

Sigh... you poor bastards, welcome to the club :cry:

Eric77TA 08-08-2012 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Silverado C-10 (Post 6914216)
Not sure how I feel about this. I've said NO before, but it actaully doesn't look too bad. The "Camaro" will be running alongside "Mustangs" and "Challengers" in the Nationwide series starting in 2013.

Looks like it will just be running against "Mustangs" now.

Dodge to pull out of NASCAR at year's end - Yahoo! Sports

jg95z28 08-08-2012 03:56 PM

With Dodge leaving then I think its a good time for the Nationwide series to dump the whole NASCAR template car idea and switch to actually Mustangs and Camaros. Can you imagine a "real" ponycar series with the BOSS-302 and SS 1LE running side-by-side as race prepped cars having much closer DNA to their street-legal counterparts?

It would be a gold mine for NASCAR and both manufacturers. :D

Eric77TA 08-08-2012 04:15 PM

You're right. I'd love to see them do that.

graham 08-08-2012 09:22 PM

It's not very popular but they already race real Mustangs and Camaros..

Silverado C-10 08-08-2012 09:55 PM

I heard about this on the radio this morning. Kind of a shame. Now it's Ford Chevy and crapyota.

bossco 08-10-2012 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28 (Post 6915465)
With Dodge leaving then I think its a good time for the Nationwide series to dump the whole NASCAR template car idea and switch to actually Mustangs and Camaros. Can you imagine a "real" ponycar series with the BOSS-302 and SS 1LE running side-by-side as race prepped cars having much closer DNA to their street-legal counterparts?

Originally Posted by Eric77TA (Post 6915467)
You're right. I'd love to see them do that.

Agreed, put the stock back in to NASCRAP.

Tokuzumi 08-13-2012 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28 (Post 6915465)

I might actually care about NASCAR if they went back to the "race on Sunday, sell on Monday" motto.

mdenz3 08-13-2012 06:15 PM

:barf:

Kevin Blown 95 TA 08-13-2012 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tokuzumi (Post 6915977)
I might actually care about NASCAR if they went back to the "race on Sunday, sell on Monday" motto.

Me too.

graham 08-13-2012 10:17 PM

Guys they haven't built race cars starting with OEM bodies in literally 31 years.

SSCamaro99_3 08-14-2012 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by graham (Post 6916037)
Guys they haven't built race cars starting with OEM bodies in literally 31 years.

You may as well piss into the wind with this crowd. To go back to stock based vehicles they would have to reduce speeds, or go with reduced driver safety. Neither of those are acceptable alternatives. Oval racing has outstripped the abilities of prodiction based vehicles.

You never hear this complaint about Pro Stock or Funny Car....