CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/)
-   -   Apparently the '08 Viper is NOT debuting tonight (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/apparently-08-viper-not-debuting-tonight-474955/)

Chris_Doane 09-26-2006 12:41 AM

Apparently the '08 Viper is NOT debuting tonight

It was widely speculated the refreshed 2008 Viper would debut tonight at the 9th Viper Owners Invitational in Vegas.

Word from John Hennesey is no debut:
http://www.viperalley.com/forum/vipe...ort-vegas.html

Bummer.

slayerxxx213 09-26-2006 09:37 AM

Re: Apparently the '08 Viper is NOT debuting tonight

That's too bad, I'm really anxious to see the next Viper...Hopefully it will be as mindblowing as the original GTS....

guionM 09-26-2006 07:50 PM

Wouldn't something like that debut at Detroit? :shrug:

Chris_Doane 09-26-2006 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
Wouldn't something like that debut at Detroit? :shrug:

That was my thinking too, but I guess DCX has done significant debuts at this Viper Owners Invitational before.

You have to figure VIO would give DCX a really good audience of people who may actually put down the money for a Viper.

jrp4uc 09-27-2006 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by CD/BP
That was my thinking too, but I guess DCX has done significant debuts at this Viper Owners Invitational before.

You have to figure VIO would give DCX a really good audience of people who may actually put down the money for a Viper.

Isn't that how they debuted the new coupe?

Chris_Doane 09-27-2006 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by jrp4uc
Isn't that how they debuted the new coupe?

Yea I believe that's right.

Threxx 09-27-2006 04:48 PM

I was just looking at them online today. Gorgeous exterior, but the inside is absolute junk for a car of that price range in this day and age.

Add to that the fact that they can cost an arm and a leg to keep running and to insure... just give me a brand new C6 for half the price. I like the interior better, it's more comfortable, almost as powerful, handling isn't quite up to Viper level but is still more predictable, and far less expensive to keep running.

If I want the 100 extra ponies I'll slap on a low psi turbo and get all that and more while still saving loads of money.

Only upside I could find to the viper is that, well, it just draws a lot more attention. That'd be more important to me if I wasn't married.:D

Blue89Bird 09-27-2006 04:58 PM

How is John Hennesey still in business?

Threxx 09-27-2006 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Blue89Bird
How is John Hennesey still in business?

I'm more curious how he's still ALIVE. Honestly, reading some of the stories I read about him, if I had been in his customers shoes, it would have crossed my mind to have him taken care of... with his customer's budgets I'm sure they could find somebody capable, too.:eek:

Blue89Bird 09-27-2006 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Threxx
I'm more curious how he's still ALIVE. Honestly, reading some of the stories I read about him, if I had been in his customers shoes, it would have crossed my mind to have him taken care of... with his customer's budgets I'm sure they could find somebody capable, too.:eek:

I remember reading on some Viper forums about a customer who he stole like 90k from flying down under the guise of a "new customer" for some information. When he got in the shop and identified himself, and saw his car sitting around in pieces, missing parts it shouldn't he was arrested to trespassing. He's a real POS

number77 09-28-2006 02:03 AM

If the stories are true, I'd rather not know when the new viper is gonna come out if he is the one telling us.

Mich84 10-02-2006 08:54 PM

The story Im hearing is that they pulled the debut last minute with all the inventory problems DCX has. Didn't want any potential Viper buyers waiting 6 months for the 2008MY car.