Autocross and Road Racing Technique There is more to life than a straight line

Sponsorship "Paperwork"

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 05:48 PM

Sponsorship "Paperwork"

I have been into road racing for over 10 years....always as a hobby, and have never had any "real" sponsors. Lately with a major motor build project, and other stuff, I have had the opportunity to talk to local and other vendors who seem to be willing to pony up cash or services to help the effort.

Most of them want some sort of "Racing Resume" or other paperwork, including invoices for things like entry fees and the like to make it work for them.

Does anybody have some samples of what they are using for sponsorship? Anything you can send that gives me some examples would be awesome. You can blank out the names if you like, I am looking for a format mainly.

...any help is appreciated....
Old 02-15-2007, 09:37 AM

.....thanks for moving this to the DEAD END that is the Autocross and Road Racing section of this site....

I purposely didn't post this here. Was hoping to hear more from drag racer guys.....
Old 02-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Banned

I will see what I can find and get back to you.....there is a program designed for this.....search racing secrets
Old 02-15-2007, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by mdacton
I will see what I can find and get back to you.....there is a program designed for this.....search racing secrets

I have seen the "programs" online....I worry, they seem to be very simple, and they sell the programs as "Thousands of contacts included..." which seems cheesy to me. I can make most of the contacts myself...just looking for how others have formated the things....

Thanks....
Old 02-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Banned

I ordered one of them years ago...can't find it tho....
the only reasone I got it was for the forms.....basicly you write it up just like a biz. plan and submit them...meet with the people etc. Its not easy to get backed.....I tried with no luck.......people wanted too much out of my end so I gave up, but I had no wins or anything to make it look good at the time
Old 02-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Scroll to the bottom and clock on sponsorship 101. You still need to do the legwork and put together a basic business plan and marketing materials, but this guy has his stuff together:
http://www.capracing.com/