Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by camarolt4ss
ya very true, or maybe everyone who actually wants some, should email them, and say WTF!!! maybe they will clue in and get the **** in gear and make us some bloody headlights....
LOL, I feel your desire to have them man, I really do. I have it as well, but there's nothing I can do about it so all I can do is continue to wait.

I'm sure emailing them in mass quantities of people letting them know we are many and want them now will not hurt getting them sooner, but the problem seems to be in the funding for the moldings from what you have said, so unless we want to start a FocuzTech fund for these, we will probably have to wait all the same.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:52 PM

well if they could give us a set time in STONE or like a 200% money back thing.... then i am sure alot of ppl would pay, if they would release a design drawing for us who want them so we can see what they will look like etc.... alot of diff ways to raise the money, so lets get this ball rolling and ask them wtf the problem is, and what we can do to get our damn lights
Old 01-23-2008, 06:03 PM

well if they could give us a set time in STONE or like a 200% money back thing.... then i am sure alot of ppl would pay, if they would release a design drawing for us who want them so we can see what they will look like etc.... alot of diff ways to raise the money, so lets get this ball rolling and ask them wtf the problem is, and what we can do to get our damn lights
I think my last post said the extent of getting the lights. As for the design, I'm sure they would need the molding before they could show us what they would look like, which would need to be funded first.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:27 PM

no its called graphic design...... they can show us what the finished product will look like in a cad drawing, so we have some basic ideas.... few months ago when i asked them, they said they had the cad stuff done, they wouldnt release it cause someone might copy it.... which i understand, but you want money, you want to not screw us over... show us whats going on, and we can get you money.... easy as that
Old 01-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Banned

no its called graphic design...... they can show us what the finished product will look like in a cad drawing, so we have some basic ideas.... few months ago when i asked them, they said they had the cad stuff done, they wouldnt release it cause someone might copy it.... which i understand, but you want money, you want to not screw us over... show us whats going on, and we can get you money.... easy as that
Exactly...now what if they do give you a date set in stone and offer pre orders to raise money? Noone has faith in them now....they also have had previous problems long ago........

i don't think raising money is even an option at this point, everyone has lost faith in them.

Why not find another company that can do this project and is willing to work on it with no BS
Old 01-23-2008, 09:13 PM

i doubt any one would do it. its not worth the time and money for such an exclusive product that isnt gonna sell in huge numbers. if it had been, there would be options out but it wasnt so good luck with that.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by mdacton
i don't think raising money is even an option at this point, everyone has lost faith in them.

Why not find another company that can do this project and is willing to work on it with no BS
Not everyone has lost faith

Hey, if you can find another company willing to do it, I am all about getting it done. However, I have seen FocuzTech's lights for the Impalla's and other products they have done, and I already know that when they do them, they will be 100% top notch quality headlamps using components that are expensive but will yeild high quality and performance lighting. This is something I am willing to pay the higher price tag on. Most other companies that might consider doing this may not do such a top notch job on creating these even if they would garuntee them in being done soon. Sure it would be nice to have them done now, but I don't want to pay a penny for something that won't be top notch and might leak or get condensation in easily, or will crack the first time I hit a pepple at highway speeds or something. If we can find another company to make them of the same or higher quality in a short period of time though, again, I am all for it, but as subaru bill points out, it would be hard to find someone to do.

Originally Posted by subarubill96
i doubt any one would do it. its not worth the time and money for such an exclusive product that isnt gonna sell in huge numbers. if it had been, there would be options out but it wasnt so good luck with that.
I partially agree but partially disagree. It will cost a company time and money to make these. The higher the quality level they want the headlamps to be will cost them more time and money in designing and manufacturing them.

As for the numbers. If other companies can make a profit on designing headlamps for cars that are more rare (take FocuzTech for example in the Impalla SS cars for their headlamps) just think what the profit would be for 93-97 Camaro's. There were thousands upon thousands made, and I would venture to say half probably modd them still, and will still be modding them for years. I can't drive for 15 minutes on the highway without seeing at least one 93-97 Camaro. Trust me. The market is huge.

Last edited by CALL911; 01-24-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:34 PM

i havent lost faith either, these lights will be produced some time, im hoping by at least this time next year. i dont think they are going to be huge sellers but probably enough to make a profit for the time invested. i hardly ever see lt1 camaros (ls1's on the other hand ) around here and when i do they are usually beat up ( mine included) and going by other local people i know with them, headlights are not on the top of the list to spend money on when it comes to upgrades. maybe i just live were all the junk lt1's end up lol
Old 01-24-2008, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by subarubill96
i havent lost faith either, these lights will be produced some time, im hoping by at least this time next year. i dont think they are going to be huge sellers but probably enough to make a profit for the time invested. i hardly ever see lt1 camaros (ls1's on the other hand ) around here and when i do they are usually beat up ( mine included) and going by other local people i know with them, headlights are not on the top of the list to spend money on when it comes to upgrades. maybe i just live were all the junk lt1's end up lol
Maybe I am around too many guys who's 11+ year old Camaro's still look new, and guys are still dumping money in them left and right

Seriously though, about half the guys I see driving around 93-97 Camaro's have modded them to some extent, and I would venture to say most of them would jump at the idea of getting better light quality all while drasticly improving the appearance of their cars.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:28 PM

again its all talk about who drives what, and what shape they are in, bla bla, end result, lets get the ball rolling, lets start a patition, and get how ever many ppl to sign on it, to say lets get this **** done........ then maybe they will know there is enough ppl to get the show on the road
Old 01-24-2008, 05:47 PM

again its all talk about who drives what, and what shape they are in, bla bla, end result, lets get the ball rolling, lets start a patition, and get how ever many ppl to sign on it, to say lets get this **** done........ then maybe they will know there is enough ppl to get the show on the road
Dude, you do want these right now!!
Old 01-24-2008, 06:26 PM

s for the numbers. If other companies can make a profit on designing headlamps for cars that are more rare (take FocuzTech for example in the Impalla SS cars for their headlamps) just think what the profit would be for 93-97 Camaro's.
Actually, its not just the Impala SS from '94 - '96, its any model Caprice from '91 - '96 the headlights would work on, which opens up the market some what for them. A grandpa driving a Caprice is not going to go for them, but somebody dubing out a old Caprice would, Caprice has become sort of a cult car.

Camaros on the other hand, most are V6 base models. I can't see somebody driving an old beat up V6 Camaro going for expensive headlights. So I think Camaro has the more limited market, and it shows.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by 30thZ286speed
Actually, its not just the Impala SS from '94 - '96, its any model Caprice from '91 - '96 the headlights would work on, which opens up the market some what for them. A grandpa driving a Caprice is not going to go for them, but somebody dubing out a old Caprice would, Caprice has become sort of a cult car.

Camaros on the other hand, most are V6 base models. I can't see somebody driving an old beat up V6 Camaro going for expensive headlights. So I think Camaro has the more limited market, and it shows.
Are you freekin' kidding me? Do you know how many Caprice's and Impallas were made in comparison to Camaro's (not to mention the percentage of Impalla and Caprice owners that mod them in comparison to Camaro's)? It was like 25 to 1 in ratio! Even if all Caprice and Impalla owners bought them it still wouldn't compare to the probable market for the Camaro's.

BTW, V6 Camaro owners also mod their cars. Take a look in the V6 or appearance sections.

Last edited by CALL911; 01-24-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:44 PM

v6 owners are more likely to do appearance stuff as the performance potential isnt as important to most of them. unforunately all we can do right now is talk cause these arent coming out for at least a solid year if i had to guess right now which sucks but what you gonna do. i doubt telling focuztech about how we want this is gonna make a difference because they seem to have this on the backburner. all we can do is wait and hope
Old 01-27-2008, 07:15 PM

I just want some halos please!

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?