Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by bighash007
any1 know anything about lambo doors if so ive heard there are ones that open 90 degrees...is that supposedly best fit for 1997 rs?
Um, wrong thread...
Old 01-20-2008, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Alright guys, I finished photoshopping. I did some Viper style ones on the passenger side (they were a pain in the butt to get to fit decent) and some Koenigsegg CCR style ones on the driver side. I am surprised, but I like the Koenig ones a lot. They don't need to be such fancy and expensive bulbs/whatever, but the layout is very good.

I liked them so much, that I made an angled pic as well. They look like winners. What do you guys think?

Is this about what everybody wants?

Oh, and one other thing. With the Koenig design, there's no reason whatsoever to cut the corners off.

Just bringing this idea back to the front! I love this design! The Koenig style is exactly what i would like to see on the front of my Z! I like the fact that the lights on the angled picture come forward on the bumper cover to utilize the empty space.

Last edited by WhiteZ95; 01-20-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:16 PM
solarofthesix

i would totally buy a set of these! itll save me a ls1 front end conversion!

Old 01-21-2008, 11:59 AM

So what's the idea behind having 3 lights on each side?
Old 01-21-2008, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bud M
So what's the idea behind having 3 lights on each side?
I think its more cosmetic than anything. FocuzTech said earlier that it may not be able to incorporate all 3 in the small space, especially considering that they will all be held in position by a molding.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:16 PM

count me in too
Old 01-21-2008, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by CALL911
Here's one from a slightly different angle

Holy Jeebus.

Call911- I remember wayyy back in this thread, Focuz Tech was trying to determine whether to have the lights flush to the edge of the bumper, or have them set in deeper. Any word on this? I'm hoping they are recessed a bit as it will appear more like a factory piece.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by 68z28
Holy Jeebus.

Call911- I remember wayyy back in this thread, Focuz Tech was trying to determine whether to have the lights flush to the edge of the bumper, or have them set in deeper. Any word on this? I'm hoping they are recessed a bit as it will appear more like a factory piece.
The lense will be flush, but the lights should be recessed a bit like in the picture. They have already said this is the style they will be going with, so my guess is it will look something along those lines.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:26 AM

ohhhh pls guys give up already.......

"The Camaro lamps are still on our list to be built. However we have reprioritized this project due to it’s cost to manufacture and will likely look starting the molding later this year. I know there is a market for this product and we will build them, we just have to juggle things to make it happen. If anyone has any questions about this, it’s best to contact us directly."

this is the email i got just today when i emailed to ask whats going on....... so now they wont even START till later this year, when we have been promised them by early 08.......

i dunno what to say about this...... except to all those who called them saying they will have a 2010 camaro before these are done.... your prob right
Old 01-23-2008, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by camarolt4ss
ohhhh pls guys give up already.......

"The Camaro lamps are still on our list to be built. However we have reprioritized this project due to it’s cost to manufacture and will likely look starting the molding later this year. I know there is a market for this product and we will build them, we just have to juggle things to make it happen. If anyone has any questions about this, it’s best to contact us directly."

this is the email i got just today when i emailed to ask whats going on....... so now they wont even START till later this year, when we have been promised them by early 08.......

i dunno what to say about this...... except to all those who called them saying they will have a 2010 camaro before these are done.... your prob right

Thats definatly frustrating news. Having talked to FocuzTech since day one on this project, I knew it would be a big deal, more so than I think some people think as theres a lot of work and money that goes into making these.

They've already invested a bit, but they have a ways to go still so it sounds like things are on hold. They've made enough progress, I am confident they will continue with the project, but sounds like it will be on hold as the email said.

We don't really have any other options besides giving up for those that don't believe they will ever come out, or others like me that know that they will be made some day, and continue to wait.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:32 PM

ya some day, dont get me wrong, im sure by 2010 we may have some, but who wants to spend 1000 bucks on a set of headlights, when the most modern of our cars ie 97 will be 13 years old at that time......
Old 01-23-2008, 12:59 PM

ya some day, dont get me wrong, im sure by 2010 we may have some, but who wants to spend 1000 bucks on a set of headlights, when the most modern of our cars ie 97 will be 13 years old at that time......
Keep in mind the market. There were thousands upon thousands of our cars built. They may be old, but there are tons that are still into keeping them mint, and still spending money in them. I would venture to say that even by 2010 there will still be a strong market.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:08 PM

unless the ppl are members of this forum, they dont know these headlights exist..... and most of the ppl on this forum... well i think are sick and tired of the lies and bull**** we are getting from this company....

Its simple, if you say your going to build something, and notice that there is almost 50 pages on a topic about these lights, maybe... JUST MAYBE you should get your **** in gear, and stop saying ohhh something else came up, cause it will be the same over and over and over again, something new is on our plate, we cant take time away for a 10+ year old car bla bla bla

This is why most of the ppl in the last 15 pages of this post have not bothered with having hopes for them anymore, as they knew this is what would happen, and for all those who said these wont happen anytime soon.....

your right
Old 01-23-2008, 02:20 PM

unless the ppl are members of this forum, they dont know these headlights exist..... and most of the ppl on this forum... well i think are sick and tired of the lies and bull**** we are getting from this company....

Its simple, if you say your going to build something, and notice that there is almost 50 pages on a topic about these lights, maybe... JUST MAYBE you should get your **** in gear, and stop saying ohhh something else came up, cause it will be the same over and over and over again, something new is on our plate, we cant take time away for a 10+ year old car bla bla bla

This is why most of the ppl in the last 15 pages of this post have not bothered with having hopes for them anymore, as they knew this is what would happen, and for all those who said these wont happen anytime soon.....

your right
It doesn't really matter if the outside population knows about the idea since it won't be available for some time. It doesn't change the fact that it is a great idea, and when it comes out, it will sell.

It still leaves the decision for us up to either give up, or wait. You can be frustrated like myself and probably most everyone else, but those are still the options.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:55 PM

ya very true, or maybe everyone who actually wants some, should email them, and say WTF!!! maybe they will clue in and get the **** in gear and make us some bloody headlights....

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?