Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Where can I get a billet alum. gas door for my 1994 camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 07:00 PM

Where can I get a billet alum. gas door for my 1994 camaro?

anyone?
Old 04-09-2006, 08:59 PM

Re: Where can I get a billet alum. gas door for my 1994 camaro?

I smell rice
Old 04-09-2006, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by OBE1 95Z28
I smell rice
I second that, could be worse though like maybe "R-type" stickers. Sorry for being insensitive.

Last edited by wrd1972; 04-09-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:13 PM

Again.. where can i get one? Not what's your immature opinion on them.. you do your thing ill do mine .. thanks you, have a nice day
Old 04-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Topics like this are best posted on the "Appearance" forum. There have been a large number of posts there, including pictures, using a billet door from a Mitsubishi Eclipse.

I'll move this to "Appearance" for you......
Old 04-10-2006, 11:33 AM

Ah-so. Well grasshoper, my immature opinion would be E-Bay. Literally hundered on there.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:41 AM

Sorry.......but putting something from a Mitsubishi Eclipse on a Camaro screams rice. You can't get much more obvious than that......
Old 04-10-2006, 11:42 AM

Unfortunately, you'll always get people that feel the need to insert their personal opinion on a custom mod instead of actually being helpful (IE: Answering where to get it), but hopefully the trolls of the message boards will grow up or stick to the Lounge while the rest of us try to actually be helpful.

There's a good writeup in this thread on how to install and such. Getting it would be either ebay, which more than likely would be cheapest, or going to either a junkyard and getting a stock one off a wrecked Eclipse (might be cheaper than ebay, and would be quicker to get) or going to the dealership and getting it from there.
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277372

Cheers for doing the mod, though, as I find it a very tasteful mod on the right color car [Pewter and White FBodies look GREAT with that gas door!]

Last edited by meissen; 04-10-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:19 PM

don't let these other guys give you a hard time i did the coverstion myself and have been complimented from many CAMARO drivers. a aluminum eclipse door will fit perfectly. i'll see if i can get some pics up tonight. And you can't even tell it's from an eclipse because it fits the body of the camaro so well.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by GT KILLER
Sorry.......but putting something from a Mitsubishi Eclipse on a Camaro screams rice. You can't get much more obvious than that......
You would be surprised what parts come from where. My old neon had mitsu parts, and so does my Yamaha. Doesnt matter where the parts come from as long as they gitter done.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
You would be surprised what parts come from where. My old neon had mitsu parts, and so does my Yamaha. Doesnt matter where the parts come from as long as they gitter done.
What I meant was.....putting an appearance modification on a Camaro directly off a stock Eclipse......you're basically modding your Camaro with a stock part from an Eclipse. That's just.....whack.......
Old 04-10-2006, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by GT KILLER
What I meant was.....putting an appearance modification on a Camaro directly off a stock Eclipse......you're basically modding your Camaro with a stock part from an Eclipse. That's just.....whack.......
My friend, then why do any moding at all? Alot of styling cusses(sp?) came from foreign cars. If you really think about it foreign cars are sometimes a little bit more stylish while the American cars can be a bit conservative. I could on and on about what mods weve done that may be considered rice but rice is in the eye of the beholder. If RKSports started making these for our car would it still be whack? Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Eclipses a North American car meaning they're not even produced overseas but produced in the good ole US of A by hard working Americans. That surely cant be whack or rice or whatever you guys call it these days.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
My friend, then why do any moding at all? Alot of styling cusses(sp?) came from foreign cars. If you really think about it foreign cars are sometimes a little bit more stylish while the American cars can be a bit conservative. I could on and on about what mods weve done that may be considered rice but rice is in the eye of the beholder. If RKSports started making these for our car would it still be whack? Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Eclipses a North American car meaning they're not even produced overseas but produced in the good ole US of A by hard working Americans. That surely cant be whack or rice or whatever you guys call it these days.
LOL if RK Sport made these for F-bodies I'd still call it rice. There are plenty of things professionally "made" for our cars that I'd never put on mine. That has nothing to do with it.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:42 PM

But it does. Point is no way to mod a car and everyone like it. If so then everyones car would look the same. I think it would look fine on certain color cars. If I see something that looks out of place, I just make a mental note not to do it to my own so in the end I guess I should thank them (whoever does mods without worring what everyone thinks) because they saved me some dough or guided me to a direction. In summary it's all good. Enjoy your car and do what you want. It wont last forever, nothing does.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:48 PM

I, Me.. Daylen Lathers with a 1994 z28 would like to put a Billet Door whether from a company that makes it, or off a mitsubishi eclipse.. Me ...not you or this person or that person. ME and thats it.. thanks everyone for the helpful info, and I'd be happy to see those pics!

Quick Reply: Where can I get a billet alum. gas door for my 1994 camaro?