Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

For those that were interested in a new headlamp assembly for the 93-97 Camaros...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by turnin20s
Sorry, but I just had to add my opinion. Somebody should make a retrofit kit and put the projectors without the halos in a square headlight housing so we can keep the good looks of the LTx cars and still have good headlights
Yeah, exactly. I want them to look stock.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Yeah, exactly. I want them to look stock.
I think that if someone makes up something to resemble the stock housings I would buy them in a second.

I may buy a set of the low beams and try to build something to my taste. I would like to get rid of my factory fog lights and replace them with something similar to the 90mm hellas. I have a black grille so it will cover everything up so it doesn't look out of place like a round light in a square hole
Old 04-05-2009, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by turnin20s

Somebody should make a retrofit kit and put the projectors without the halos in a square headlight housing so we can keep the good looks of the LTx cars and still have good headlights
I don't want to get everyone too crazed yet because its not a for sure deal, but a good friend of mine and I are currently looking into making this happen.

We long discussed taking this whole thing on ourselves and how we would go about doing it, and appearance, and the only thing that seemed like the only for sure way it could be done with it looking good was to do exactly as mentioned above by turnin20s.

We are still in the research stage, and don't have any idea cost or anything yet, but the basics will be a projector inside the stock sized housing, with an HID as an option. Given the small size of the stock housing the Hella 90mm idea is out the door because its just too big. Utilizing the factory housing is also out as the glass needs to be totally clear and not have the lines on the front to take full advantage of the projector.

We have a few projectors picked out that will probably fit inside the stock sized housing. We are now trying to find a euro/clear lensed housing we can use. If anyone knows were we could find one, it would help things along.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:19 AM

Basically this is what they will look like when/if we do this (only in a 93-97 headlamp size obviously)

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  137.9 KB
Old 04-05-2009, 03:10 PM

^^^yes thats what I'm talking about. Even if you could use a projector thats a little smaller and just make the housing look stock and not some dumb looking circles with halos and black plastic.

To me personally I would swap front clips and put an LSx front clip on my car before I put some round hellas in my car. Our cars have too many flat lines going for them to put round headlamps in IMHO. If you have done it and like it thats fine, but its just not the look I'm after.

Hopefully CALL911 can get something done for us. I personally would settle for an HID kit without the projectors just to get some light output from our cars. Even though the light wouldn't be as "clean" and may blind other drivers, but that doesn't bother me. As long as they don't try to hit me head-on or anything crazy like that.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:52 AM

Here's a setup some guy in another country did. I don't know the language, but it may be helpful for someone. It looks the same/similar to what Bud M did.
Originally Posted by Bud M
Wow, that is remarkably similar to mine.
Well it's sure a surprise to see my car on a forum!! The strange language is Finnish, by the way

Bud M, I did (or rather my friend and my father in law did the work and I was only the assistant) mod my headlights just a few weeks ago. It's very similar to yours because we had yours and Sam95ZNoTop's modifications as an example (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/appearance-34/great-upgrade-those-crappy-headlights-photos-w-62272/, https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...&postcount=281, http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/u/mulgeary/Hella90/index.htm). It took something like 14-18 hours total and a lot of trial and error, but the results are great!

Thank you for posting the pics of your mod, they were a big help!

And sorry for thread hijack - maybe I should post to the old headlight thread with pics of my setup...
Old 04-16-2009, 11:39 AM

Hey, that's pretty cool, apa64. Glad I could help!
Old 05-31-2009, 11:36 PM

Look what just showed up on ebay Call911:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-...3A1|240%3A1318
Old 06-01-2009, 05:14 AM

For some reason that just dosn't look right at all.
Looks like someone jammed a set of pick-up truck headlights in there.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:50 AM

I agree, its not a perfect fit, but its a creative solution
Old 06-01-2009, 11:32 AM

Yep, it looks pretty weird, but perhaps it is a solution. If the light output is that much greater, you could get some GTS covers or something and cover them up and still have really great lighting.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:50 PM

Look what just showed up on ebay Call911:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-...3A1|240%3A1318
Thats great! Do you happen to know what lights those are? I agree they look fugly right now, but after modding them to hold a projector, they might work out perfect.

I just need to find out what they are from.... Anyone?
Old 06-02-2009, 11:48 PM

Do you not have an ebay account? If not, I'll ask the seller for you. Most sellers write me back and answer my questions, so you'll probably have good luck with that.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:24 PM

Thanks for getting back to me Call911.

Just found this on flickr:

He used '98+ halo headlights and modified the bucket to accept them. He doesn't show how they are re-mounted.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:19 AM

Thanks for getting back to me Call911.

Just found this on flickr:

He used '98+ halo headlights and modified the bucket to accept them. He doesn't show how they are re-mounted.
Hmmm, that doesnt look half bad. Id like to see a more straight on shot though.

Quick Reply: For those that were interested in a new headlamp assembly for the 93-97 Camaros...