Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

question: my "new" 94 LT-1 has crappy rear quarters. Options?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 09:57 AM

question: my "new" 94 LT-1 has crappy rear quarters. Options?

bought a car from forum member who forgot to mention the rear quarters didn't line up and rear pass side is creased and very very poor fit. Unfortunately, I was a trusting soul and bought car before seeing in person(yes I'm an idiot I guess). Anyway, the rear pass side quarter needs replacement. I think the drivers side can be salvaged with body work. However, the rear pass hangs about 1/4" or so low near the spoiler and the drivers side is about 1/4" high at the spoiler making for a nice uneven display that annoys me. So maybe the drivers side will need to be redone as well to get it to line up. Car has obviously been hit fairly hard in the rear. Need to know where to pick up rear quarters for a descent price and how much is reasonable for a body shop to put these on and paint etc....
Maybe I should just sell car and take a huge loss

I am sooooooo depressed!
Old 08-04-2003, 10:01 AM

on 2nd thought maybe I should just drive around town stopping frequently really quickly and hope someone rear ends me :O
j/k
Old 08-04-2003, 12:26 PM

Unfortunately, those rear quarters have to be cut out and welded back in...NOT an easy task. And you can't really find rear quarters, per se...at least I haven't...you have to find a junker that was in a side of front end collision and have someone cut them off of THAT car. I'd take it to a body shop and see if they could repair both that are on your car. if there's ANY way.

Sorry bout the misfortune. Look at it like this...if you got the car for an unbelievably low price...then there's your answer.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:53 PM

I found a used one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6763

Classic Industries sells them also.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:11 AM

ty I saw that too

I may be going a different route all together.
I think I'm just going to buy some C4 from a "guy I know" and put it in my trunk. Set it off then admire the rear quarters as they flatten out for a micro second before the car incinerates.

Oh wait. Nevermind

Actually, I spoke to a guy that owns a body shop who's a friend of my friend. He might be willing to work a trade with me for a paintjob/bodywork and possibly even a change over to Millineum Yellow for one of my uber computers. I guess I don't need 3 priemer computers anyway. Give one to him and get that work done. Only problem with this though is I would be insanely tempted to get an aftermarket SS hood and spoiler prior to paintjob. So whereas the paint and body work isn't costing me much if anything MORE out of pocket(as I have already dumped the $ into these systems), I would probably spend near 1k on SS crap.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:14 AM

Originally posted by CoronaL
ty I saw that too

I may be going a different route all together.
I think I'm just going to buy some C4 from a "guy I know" and put it in my trunk. Set it off then admire the rear quarters as they flatten out for a micro second before the car incinerates.

Oh wait. Nevermind

Actually, I spoke to a guy that owns a body shop who's a friend of my friend. He might be willing to work a trade with me for a paintjob/bodywork and possibly even a change over to Millineum Yellow for one of my uber computers. I guess I don't need 3 priemer computers anyway. Give one to him and get that work done. Only problem with this though is I would be insanely tempted to get an aftermarket SS hood and spoiler prior to paintjob. So whereas the paint and body work isn't costing me much if anything MORE out of pocket(as I have already dumped the $ into these systems), I would probably spend near 1k on SS crap.
I don't really have $1k to spend right now as I'm already dumping about 2-3k on H/C setup and just don't have that kind of $$$ to be pissing away. But I might have to go sell some sperm or something to get some $$$ b/c if I do switch to yellow I think I'd hate myself for not doing something else appreance wise for hood and spoiler to set the car off further. Maybe a regular cowel induction hood
Old 08-05-2003, 06:36 AM

man...just do a little at a time or something. Do the body and paint this year...then maybe next year...go for the SS stuff.