CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Appearance (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/appearance-34/)
-   -   Power to Manual Window Conversion Step By Step (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/appearance-34/power-manual-window-conversion-step-step-886269/)

Paul94Z28 01-08-2018 09:45 AM

Power to Manual Window Conversion Step By Step

Do we have a thread for power to manual window conversion? I searched and did not come up with anything.

Long story short, I have a manual window car that was hit and all I can find in yards are power doors. So I have one on the car and the door is hung and partially wired. Was going to wait until it was a bit warmer to do the window work itself but thought I would see what we have.

I would have preferred to just wire in the power window but from what I have read it drives a BCM change and that is a bit more than I wanted to get into.

95LT4Z28 01-26-2018 10:51 PM

Re: Power to Manual Window Conversion Step By Step

i converted my 95z over from manual to power. gained not only power windows , doors and mirrors but now have a remote to lock = unlock the doors and hatch and also have the RAP. it was a bunch of work but it was worth it. if interested PM me and i can help you out -- Al

Paul94Z28 01-28-2018 02:08 PM

Thanks Al - I have the car together now and painted. I am leaning towards putting the manual crank back in unless it is cheaper and/or less effort to just wire up the passenger door power window. I am not really looking to add power to the whole car - it was kinda rare with manual everything and I would prefer to keep it that way.

I will post an update when I get it done - either way.

95LT4Z28 01-28-2018 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
not sure but im guessing its the 94 camaro your talking about . the biggest difference in the switch over is that the power door motor and the manual crank mount in different holes. you could see the rivets from the power and the holes outlined in red is where the manual mechanism mounts. drill or grind out the power regulator and use 1/4 rivets to rivet in the new one. getting the mechanisms in and out is also a trick. you may have to raise the window, support it with suction cups and disconnect the mechanism. power it up and close it and it will be easier to get out

Paul94Z28 01-29-2018 06:30 AM

Thanks 95LT4Z28-

That is a start. It is actually for my 2000 Firebird but the pic you attached looks like it fits the bill.

It is going to be a bit before I do this but will update the thread when I do.

Thanks again for the info!

Paul

Undefeatdgaul 04-17-2020 01:42 AM

I went from power to manual cause I hate those motors haha