Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of my Quasar Blue Z

Old 02-03-2008, 09:38 PM

Cool Pics of my Quasar Blue Z

I bought the car a few months ago (a replacement for my SS 3 years later). I couldn't wait until the 5th gen to get back in an fbody so i had to buy this for now. I plan to sell it in about a year so mods will be kept to a minimum, but I've done a few things since I bought it. Here's some pics...let me know what you think...good and bad. thanks

A few more here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2968478

Last edited by blackbirdta; 02-03-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:49 AM

I'd hit it.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by blackbirdta View Post
I plan to sell it in about a year so mods will be kept to a minimum
Yeah right.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:11 AM

Like you mentioned, throw that SS spoiler on it and perhaps a shifter. I love my Pro 5.0. Love your car man.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by 2000GTP View Post
Yeah right.
I'm trying . I spent $20 on the springs (traded my slp springs)

I definately plan to paint my ss spoiler. I'm undecided on the hood though. my black oem ss hood is probably worth more black, but this hood is scratched up and has pins. No one sells quasar blue touch up paint so I'll probably just paint this hood and sell my black one. I also have a factory hurst shifter. that will be good enough.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:05 AM

looks awesome! ditch that antenna lol
Old 02-04-2008, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by blackbirdta View Post
I'm trying . I spent $20 on the springs (traded my slp springs)

I definately plan to paint my ss spoiler. I'm undecided on the hood though. my black oem ss hood is probably worth more black, but this hood is scratched up and has pins. No one sells quasar blue touch up paint so I'll probably just paint this hood and sell my black one. I also have a factory hurst shifter. that will be good enough.
I meant yeah right to the part where you plan to sell the car in a years time. Once you fall in love with it, if you haven't already done so, you won't be selling it so easy.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:22 PM

Nice ride, kinda like mine

Old 02-04-2008, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by RS96Silver View Post
looks awesome! ditch that antenna lol
haha read my mind. Very very nice car. I love the look of that blue. If flows so good with the fbodies I think. But yea, gotta throw a shortie antenna on there =]
Old 02-05-2008, 06:57 AM

PWR-TRIP I like yours better . I wanted CME for my SS, but it costs so much and I wrecked the car anyway.

I would definately get a shorty antenna. where can I get one? the second picture makes the antenna look HUGE!

I am not attached to this car and i don't think i will be. it's so much more of an old pos than my ss was that I think i'll be happy to upgrade to a brand new LS3 . I might overlap the cars some, but this will be gone by the end of next summer. My SS i would have a hard time getting rid of for a 5th gen though.

What is eveyone's opinion on the hood pins? should i just leave that hood or paint my oem hood. i'd like to just sell my black oem hood, but i hate the pins...I'm torn.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:00 AM

how much do u want for ur oem?
Old 02-05-2008, 12:32 PM

Looks good....and rather familiar...
I got some touch up paint from a website that sent it to me in a rattle can. It applies great and matches perfectly....they even make touch up pens if you need. I can't remember the name, but if you need it, I'll find it and post up the website I got it from (its on the reciept at home somewhere!)
I would definitely keep the SS hood too...makes the car look much more vicious.

Last edited by stroked 383; 02-05-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by stroked 383 View Post
Looks good....and rather familiar...
I got some touch up paint from a website that sent it to me in a rattle can. It applies great and matches perfectly....they even make touch up pens if you need. I can't remember the name, but if you need it, I'll find it and post up the website I got it from (its on the reciept at home somewhere!)
I would definitely keep the SS hood too...makes the car look much more vicious.
http://www.expresspaint.com/

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515316
Old 02-05-2008, 01:50 PM

what does an average quart of paint cost? that site charges $115 plus whatever shipping is. I need a can of paint for the spoiler and may as well re spray the hood too. thanks for the link!

RS96- pm sent.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:20 PM

Cut the stock antenna short...Thats what i did and it looks pretty good i must say.
for the CME...They started remaking them again and they're up for grabs. When i bought the car, i hated the color and i was thinking of getting it painted black. After my mods on appearance, i kinda grew into the color. I just gave my car a chance and now i wouldn't even think about painting it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pics of my Quasar Blue Z

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.