Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Pics from appraisal/prep for barrett-jackson

Old 10-12-2007, 04:11 PM

ohh i know how much trust me, i have built fully frame off 1st gen cars and i know how you can sink alot of money into them, but i dont see where 76k is in the car.... like can you break it down for me...i dont mean to be insulting in any sense for you or the car... i just dont see it

i mean i am building my 97ss rag top i have, its a 1-6 car acording to the build sheets, and i have alot of time and money into it... but i am certainly not even close to 76k with the fact that ill have 1000rwhp and alot of goodies in the car....

so pls if you can... explain to me where it all is
Old 10-12-2007, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by camarolt4ss
ohh i know how much trust me, i have built fully frame off 1st gen cars and i know how you can sink alot of money into them, but i dont see where 76k is in the car.... like can you break it down for me...i dont mean to be insulting in any sense for you or the car... i just dont see it

i mean i am building my 97ss rag top i have, its a 1-6 car acording to the build sheets, and i have alot of time and money into it... but i am certainly not even close to 76k with the fact that ill have 1000rwhp and alot of goodies in the car....

so pls if you can... explain to me where it all is

Well let me see...

The entire body has been modfied. Suicide doors-a one off hand built custom job, looks factory. Shaved doors, locks, gas door, emblems, license plate box, antenna, you name it. Custom paint-big bucks in that somewhere in the 25k neighborhood. The whole car is chrome-every bolt, metal line, bracket, brace, anything that isn't part of the unibody or sheet metal and plastic/fiberglass. If it is aluminum, it is polished. I don't think people understand how much chroming can run. For example, to chrome the rear end it was about $700. Even little brackets can run $50. There is well over 25k in chrome alone. Drivetrain-Currie 9 inch, built 4L60E from Bowtie overdrives, and a myriad of custom engine and exhaust components ranging from a vortech S trim to camshaft crank etc etc. It is about 525 hp. Again big money put into that. It has airbag suspension, 22" wheels-looking at about a 6k investment there alone. The whole interior is fiberglassed and custom painted-as in all of the plastics are smoothed and flamed. All leather and suede trans am seats are what you ride on, again 5k in that. It all adds up. Baer brakes to 7 plasma screens and top of the line stereo work to a BeCool radiator to yada yada etc etc.

I basically left no stone unturned from the shell up. Not that it is even close to being worth what I have put in it. However, I hired American Auto Appraisal group to send out an unbiased representative to help me figure out what it is worth for insurance purposes, and they valued it as 76k It is now insured with Grundy for that so at least I can sleep at night lol. I hope to be around 50k at auction and I will walk away from it. I am sure no one has ever modified one of these as crazy as I have. But I have had fun with it having been in numerous magazines, and won many a super chevy show for example. I hope that at least helps a bit, but again you have to know how much work has gone into this thing to know why it is valued at that number.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:20 PM

i still dont see it, maybe cause i have a chrome guy i can go to, and a polisher and a body shop i mean i can have a full car shaved and moulded for about 1000 bucks for the work, and prep, i have full air ride in my car too, altho not 22's but i have full wilwood brakes, dts 12 bolt fully built tranny etc.....

but anyways bro i just dont see 76k thats all, and how the paint cost 25k not to sure lol i custom paint bikes for a living so i know what paint costs and the time and prep etc... 25k is an INSANE $$$$ figure for paint lol

but hey i wish you all the best at the auction and i know someone will appriciate the work u put into her
Old 10-12-2007, 10:23 PM

I appreciate the props, trust me it does add up to quite a bit when you add all the stuff up. Good luck with your car, and I always appreciate someone with artistic talent.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:11 PM

*bump* to the top
Old 01-16-2008, 09:44 PM

So did you sell it ? Just curious because its in your
sig like you still own it . I hope you decided to keep it
Old 01-17-2008, 01:19 PM

Cass, where did you put gas fill hole? You stick in behind the tail light? I know of one other person that's done that but I'm curious as to where you put yours.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:08 AM

Hey guys

Reporting to you from Scottsdale on Friday the 18th 7 am local time

It has been a long week so far...I spend all day every day cleaning dust off my car. I am scared to death because most of the customs are going in the low 30-to low 40 thousand range. Probably where my car will go at, but it is the nature of the custom car game unfortunately. As of right now it looks like I will be on the block around 1PM local time on Sunday (the 20th) during speed's coverage. I am not real happy about my time slot as I have learned alot of the big money goes home after Saturday. But if someone wants it they will be there. Anyhow, keep your fingers crossed for me, it is hard to sell the car but my priorities in life have changed. BTW if you ever get a chance to go to one of these high profile auctions, do it-it is absolutely insanely entertaining.

Oh, and the gas fill is located inside the left quarter panel behind a fiberglass panel painted for the stereo system. I had it at one time behind the tail light but it was just a big pain in the ***.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:25 PM

Good luck with the sale. I've seen some cars I thought would go for big money go for next to nothing and nothing cars go for crazy money. Not sure how many people there are looking for a full custom 4th gen though.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:38 PM

Holy CRAP that undercarriage is IMMACULATE!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 09:26 PM

SOLD IT SOLD IT SOLD IT!!! FOR $45,000

Was hoping for 50k but didn't eat it as bad as some people did there. Sold it to a nice older couple from Wyoming.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroCasanova
SOLD IT SOLD IT SOLD IT!!! FOR $45,000

Was hoping for 50k but didn't eat it as bad as some people did there. Sold it to a nice older couple from Wyoming.

There were quite a few watching today in the Lounge, as I..... Good job..

Jason saved it on his PC.. I think he will put it on the video site...

Last edited by n2ceptor; 01-20-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:28 AM

I want to see the video. My hotel didn't have Speed. Then again... I don't have Speed at home either.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:54 PM

Sorry to see it go, but congrats on getting at least what you hoped for it. I persoanlly loved what you did to it with very few exceptions. I have been a fan of that car for years. I just hope this "nice couple" you sold it to takes good care of it. Good luck in whatever you chose to do now, my friend.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:13 PM

Here is the video.....

http://videos.camaroz28.com/video/61...2901032d73.htm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pics from appraisal/prep for barrett-jackson