Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

NEW. Camaro Body Kit FULL BUMPER PEPLACEMENT

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 03:23 PM

As long as its classy and not cheesy like every "Shogun Karate Racing fighter body kit"

I like the Scca look alot though
Old 02-22-2003, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by AW/whiteZ-28
As long as its classy and not cheesy like every "Shogun Karate Racing fighter body kit"

I like the Scca look alot though
Very good point ! !

I have a pretty good gallery of those kits. I'll add those to my list.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:20 PM

We definately need something for the front end. Personally what I want is something that resembles a trans-am or grand-am race car (talking series, not pontiac).

For example: http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/ch...1/99cam1pe.htm

Other than that though, that penske car built by GM was pretty much perfection IMHO, and from what I hear they are looking to sell the molds to an aftermarket company... so..... just let me know when they are on the market
Old 02-22-2003, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by XJGPN
We definately need something for the front end. Personally what I want is something that resembles a trans-am or grand-am race car (talking series, not pontiac).

Other than that though, that penske car built by GM was pretty much perfection IMHO, and from what I hear they are looking to sell the molds to an aftermarket company... so..... just let me know when they are on the market
That's kinda what I'm going for but that will be on my second camaro daily driver going a little different on my current one
Old 02-22-2003, 11:39 PM

if the front is going to be redone completely, I'd like to see something with a wider grill area for radiator and intercooler possabilities. the pic in the link above is pretty fresh, but a little too low to the ground IMO
Old 02-22-2003, 11:41 PM

if (in that pic) the grill was wider and/taller, and the turn signals were lower. And again, not as low to the ground, it'd be a very nice front end! Definatly something worth performance AND appearence!
Old 02-23-2003, 11:01 AM

Originally posted by MrCoffee
the pic in the link above is pretty fresh, but a little too low to the ground IMO
I agree that it is low, but keep in mind, that is a fiberglass bodied GT1 race car... the whole thing is close to the ground. A lot of how low that is, is really just a function of how low the entire body is. I would want something in that shape, were the bottom would line up with the bottom of the side skirts.... I just really like the shape, for as people had mentioned, the grill area for an intercooler, and I like the big circular vents for ducting to the brakes. I also love chin spoilers... The ones for the Mustang cobra R and Steeda are gorgeous IMHO... just wish we had that option for our cars.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:07 AM

also love chin spoilers... The ones for the Mustang cobra R and Steeda are gorgeous IMHO... just wish we had that option for our cars.
We do:

chin spolier from japan

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

pic 6

pic 7

pic 8

Last edited by pu12en12g; 02-23-2003 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by pu12en12g
We do:
I have an LS1 Camaro.... Do they have anything for them in Japan? Most of the things I have seen are really overdone IMHO, I want basically a complete front bumper that looks like either the woodward dream cruise camaro, or the front clip the GT1/TransAm Camaro's use... Both are smooth, aggressive and functional. They look racy without being obnoxious...
Old 02-23-2003, 11:30 AM

I have an LS1 Camaro.... Do they have anything for them in Japan? Most of the things I have seen are really overdone IMHO, I want basically a complete front bumper that looks like either the woodward dream cruise camaro, or the front clip the GT1/TransAm Camaro's use... Both are smooth, aggressive and functional. They look racy without being obnoxious...
No they don't have anything like that. And even if they did, you would still be better off ($$$$$) getting the work custom done (like whistler did his)
Old 02-23-2003, 03:48 PM

I think anything like a Trans Am Series front end would be way to low. Though a one peice with spoiler integrated would look the best. I think if they incorporate the aux. lights into the front bumper cover (like the '98+ front end) that would be a good idea. Also what was said about opening up the grill is a good idea.

I never realy liked most body kits because they don't look like they belong on the car. They always have that PEP BOYS look to them. If they did the side skirts so they are flush with the body then flare out would be good.

I kinda like the Callaway rear. Though I think it needs to be lower at the rear

Z~
Old 02-23-2003, 06:36 PM

Lightbulb

I like the front end in this concept but I don't think it would work with our cars because they have too much overhang...

posted by ZLT195
Though a one peice with spoiler integrated would look the best. I think if they incorporate the aux. lights into the front bumper cover (like the '98+ front end) that would be a good idea.
I agree....maybe they could incorporate some Hella 90mm low beams in as fog lights...that would help take care of the lighting problems

pu12en12g, how much longer are you going to keep us in suspense? I want to see what you've come up with

Last edited by silver97Z; 02-23-2003 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:41 PM

i do agree with functonality

like big vents in the front for brakes/intercooler

and an adjustable front ground effect piece kinda like the new viper
Old 02-23-2003, 07:50 PM

Take cues from the UAW Sunoco Camaro and the SCCA cars. Whistlers hood looks good too. Definitely go with widened fender skins / skirts. I would also suggest making this as modular as possible. Inevitably someone will want the nose w/out the side panels or visa versa.

What kind of time line are you working on?
Old 02-23-2003, 09:01 PM

I like that front end.

Quick Reply: NEW. Camaro Body Kit FULL BUMPER PEPLACEMENT