Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Need advise....

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 09:37 AM

Need advise....

I am going to be getting rims in a few months when I get the money saved and I am hoping you can help me pick the rim tire size that would give me the least problems and best stance. Well i plan on buying 17" TT II's and later on this week I am going to buy a drop kit. This is also where I need HUGE input. I was thinking about going with a rpokit but I dont want too much of a drop because I hate that little sag that makes the front look lower than the back....just doesnt do it for me. Should I go with another kit....suggestions. Thanks for any help. use this site to reference statements below; http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...hreadid=299944

This is what im trying to avoid(Prokit) Blue ss. Too saggy looking.

I like this(prokit) Black z28. Nice balanced look front and back. I dont understand why there is suck a big diff with these two frops with the same kit. Help me understand that.
Old 05-24-2003, 03:27 PM

Pro kit lowers all the same it's just how they are parked that makes it look wierd

It's also a good Idea to get new shocks as well
Old 05-24-2003, 09:04 PM

i had the same concern as you...i wanted the car LEVEL...none of that higher in the back crap...and trust me...my car is almost perfectly level....exactly like i wanted it...no scraping. and with the Bilsteins...the ride and stance is PERFECT...i mean this is how F-bodys should have come from the factory IMHO

get the pro kit and the NON-SLP Bilsteins...you will not regret it

Last edited by Sandman_97Z; 05-24-2003 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:09 PM

So the bilsteins keep the car from having th sag that you tried to avoid and I am trying to avoid?
Old 05-25-2003, 08:34 PM

Well, I installed the Pro-kit and the Bilsteins at the same time, so i'm not sure if its because of the Bilsteins or if its just the springs. Either way, the combo of the two was EXACTLY what i was looking for...and what you're looking for too, it sounds

good luck