Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

I need ideas for paint schemes and colors!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 03:07 PM

I need ideas for paint schemes and colors!

Ok, so they that I have crashed my camaro... I need some paint scheme options and colors.

I would like to no what kind of paint scheme you like and in what colors, and pictures would be great. My insurance is paying for it so there isn't really a money limit.

-thanks
Old 12-13-2010, 03:09 PM

Re: I need ideas for paint schemes and colors!

And I would like to have more than one color.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by red97rs
And I would like to have more than one color.
When you say you'd like to have more than one color, do you mean you'd like to incorporate stripes? Two-tone? A pearlescent color that fades from one color or shade to the other? What exactly are you looking to accomplish with that? Anyway, I found a thread on LS1Tech that had a couple of colors I think would look nice on your car. Check out the LT1 car that has the red that fades to maroon. It looks to me like the patriot red metallic fading to monterey maroon. The 3-stage sport red tintcoat on the Cobalt SS in this thread looked nice too IMO.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/paint-...p-plurple.html

The thread below sports basically all the colors that were offered on 4th gen camaros, hope this helps you narrow your search or at least help you find a starting point.

http://www.fbodyonline.com/forum/f31...issions-20053/
Old 12-13-2010, 11:29 PM

Idk... I mean I like stripes, but I also like the pearlescant. And ok, this really helps. Thanks
Old 12-14-2010, 07:18 AM

i always loved the dark grey paint with flat black stripes. or black paint and dark grey stripes.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by red97rs
Idk... I mean I like stripes, but I also like the pearlescant. And ok, this really helps. Thanks
You're welcome. These are just suggestions, but personally I think the bright teal metallic on that '96 SS looks pretty sweet for just a solid color.

If you wanted to go pearlescent, I'd either do something that faded between the quasar blue and the bright/nassau blue or that faded between the bright teal and the medium teal, or you could use the polo green as your second color for a sharper contrast as a lot of people seem to confuse the bright teal with the medium teal (I did initially).

If you wanted to do stripes, what I really think would look neat on your car is if you did an inverted verson of the '97 30th anny Z28's and SS's, which would be to paint the car the hugger orange that was offered on some of the '99 SS's, then finish it with arctic white anny stripes and/or hockey stripes. The coolest thing IMO about this is that it would be a huge step toward converting your car to a 30th anny Z28 clone (your car is a '97 so it'd fit perfectly), only you'd be doing it the other way around than the originial paint scheme, which I personally haven't seen done.

Totally up to you, but hope this gets ya goin' in the right direction.