CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Appearance (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/appearance-34/)
-   -   How to take off sunvisor? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/appearance-34/how-take-off-sunvisor-269390/)

nothingeined 06-06-2004 02:06 PM

How to take off sunvisor?

How do you take a sunvisor off on a 98 Camaro? Is it just the two screws holding it in? I would go check but I have to wait for it to cool down cause it is freakin hot. The visor is bent down for some reason. I just noticed it today when I put my phone clip up there for the first time. I want to take it off and mess with it so it sits back flush. Thanks!

AW/whiteZ-28 06-06-2004 02:28 PM

3 phillips screws I believe just take a philips head with you :)

nothingeined 06-06-2004 02:46 PM

Cool. Thanks a lot!:bow:

guess1 06-06-2004 08:10 PM

I got tired of mine being in the way and took both off.....I never used them anyway. I took the screws out and took each visor off, then took a hacksaw and sawed through the shaft that goes into the triangular piece (with the screw holes), and put just the piece with the screw holes back on.......it looks better, and no more floppy cheap visors:thumb:

nothingeined 06-06-2004 08:33 PM

I was debating that when I had mine off. I was all hmm....I always wear my sunglasses. But some of friends that ride with me don't have a pair or forget about them.

AW/whiteZ-28 06-06-2004 11:40 PM

I'm just gonna get mine recovered...I may just do it myself though.

Lt1 and Ls1 06-07-2004 02:14 PM

Well I have a camaro and mine fell off, and my sisters firebirds fell off, lol

stangkilla1 06-08-2004 02:47 PM

I took mine off because I'm glassing the headliner, but I was thinking what could I do to them while they're off hmmm.....

1) Glass em and mold in a TV
2) recover them in vinyl to match the interior
3) or something else nobody else has tried (cant think of what though)

The stitching on the visors is wierd so i dont know if I can duplicate the exact pattern AND sew them together properly. But hey, they are cheap and easy to replace so i say go for whatever idea you have. I never thought about str8 up removing them before. Good idea being that I wear shades all the time, I guess they are expendable.

How do you keep them from swinging around and hanging? it has be something inside the cardboard frame that needs tightening.

Brent94Z 06-08-2004 05:11 PM

Originally posted by stangkilla1
How do you keep them from swinging around and hanging? it has be something inside the cardboard frame that needs tightening.
One of the arms on mine broke. I bought an extra one from a guy off the board. But, it was a different shade. Since the visor itself was good, I just pulled the "arm" out of the good one, removed the arm from the bad one and put the good one in. I hate to say it but I don't think there is an adjustment... it is just a tight fit. If it is no longer a tight fit then.. hmm... ?