Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Have you ever photoshopped your dream car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 02:33 AM

Have you ever photoshopped your dream car?

I tend to do this every once in awhile, because I keep on changing my mind, particularly related to the wheels, and heck even the color.

Do you ever do this? If so, post some pics of your creations.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:35 AM

Of course, I'll go first. This is my current dream car. Underneath the photoshopping, it is actually cdb95z28's Polo Green Z28 he's selling, but my current dream is to find a very low mileage '97 Bright Purple Metallic Z28 and do the same suspension, brake, and wheel mods cdb95z28 did to his. I really think it looks incredible! The exhaust would be different. I'd keep it stock or perhaps get the stock exhaust powdercoated black for a matte black look that wouldn't degrade over time. I was going to photoshop that in, but it would have ruined how realistic this looks.

Name:  purplecamaroz28dreamcarfrontcopy.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  431.0 KB
Name:  purplecamaroz28dreamcarcopy.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  446.0 KB
Name:  purplecamaroz28dreamcaroverhead.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  46.1 KB

Last edited by Brangeta; 06-19-2009 at 02:38 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:49 AM

Whoa! My car turned purple! Good job Brangeta. You know, I've messed with Adobe Photoshop before, never could figure out how to do even simple stuff. How do you do that? Also, the house across the street in the middle pic, they painted their basement that exact shade of purple.
-Chad
Old 06-19-2009, 07:53 AM

Thanks for the plug on the sale, too!
Old 06-19-2009, 08:59 AM

WOW....... I know its a photo shop, and I've never really been a big fan of purple camaros. But that is just SHARP!!!!!!! I like it.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by cdb95z28
Whoa! My car turned purple! Good job Brangeta. You know, I've messed with Adobe Photoshop before, never could figure out how to do even simple stuff. How do you do that? Also, the house across the street in the middle pic, they painted their basement that exact shade of purple.
-Chad
Well, the entire process would take a long time to explain, but my profession is graphic designer, so I better be pretty good at this stuff!

The majority of this involved using the polygonal lasso tool to select everything that was originally polo green, making a new layer, and then selecting the color I wanted (which I used the eyedropper tool on a pic of a Bright Purple Metallic Camaro to get) and then filling the new layer in that selected area and changing it to a hue layer. The highlights and shadows I edited too based on the highlights and shadows of a real car painted in the color.

The hood in that first pic was a little complicated, because I had to deselect enough of the reflection of the house so that the house didn't reflect completely purple.

In order to make a picture of a car really realistic without spending hours and hours on it, it's best to start with pics of one that is painted in a color that will actually work when you change the color of the car. For example... if your car was bright red or white, I wouldn't have even wasted my time photoshopping it, because there's no way to quickly get reasonably good results from colors that won't possibly reflect like the purple would, and lack metallic metal flakes in the paint. If your car was black, I would have had to of messed with the levels of the body of the car a bit first to get it to work, but it probably would have worked okay even though it would be lacking the metallic flakes.

Originally Posted by JB_95Z28
WOW....... I know its a photo shop, and I've never really been a big fan of purple camaros. But that is just SHARP!!!!!!! I like it.
Thanks! I haven't seen a '97 purple Camaro owner really put their car out there (or I'd have pics) so I hope to be the first guy to really have a nice one, take it to some car shows, and get some good photography online. I really dig the color a lot. Purple can be a pretty girly color, but I actually really like it, and live in a big enough city that nobody would really bother me about it! LOL

Although I've never been a Mopar guy, although I do really like Vipers, I've always liked Plum Crazy Barracudas and Challengers, so I like the idea of having a purple car.

I have some ideas for the interior too. Here's an older photoshopped collection of pics I put together awhile back. I couldn't decide what to go with, and after trying to hunt down the Pontiac GTO leather... I don't think that will be an option. Ignore how bad the wheels look, I had trouble finding pics with the wheels at similar angles and had trouble getting them to fit and look right. Had to draw in some stuff on the OZ wheels in particular, because they weren't even close to the proper angle.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...-mediumres.jpg
Old 06-20-2009, 10:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brangeta
I've always liked Plum Crazy Barracudas and Challengers, so I like the idea of having a purple car.
I knew I liked you for a reason!

A Plum Crazy 1971 Barracuda is my dream car. If I could create one from scratch, it would be Plum Crazy, have the 426 and a manual transmission, white billboards, white interior, and white convertible top. Basically this car, but convertible with a white top.

The '71 is just so f**king awesome. The only Barracuda with quad headlights, and that six slot grill just looks mean as a bastard.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:41 PM

after i got my ram air hood i photoshopped a WS6 T/A with my ZR1's to see how it would look. I figured it'd be much easier to photoshop my black ZR1's onto a car with a WS6 hood than it would to photoshop a WS6 hood from another car onto mine. Since it was a good 2 months after i got the hood before i got the car out of storage and had the hood painted/installed, i wanted to see how it was going to look. I did 2 chops, T-tops on and off

photoshop

my real car after the hood was painted/installed

Name:  100_0844.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  187.6 KB
here's how i got the hood btw.

Last edited by 1995blackttopta; 06-20-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:42 AM

Hey Alan, here is how I would want mine, if the car isn't plum crazy, imagine it plum crazy:

complicated:

classic:

or simple:

I really like the simple one best.

If I had millions of dollars I don't think they'd be one of my first 10 cars to stick in the garage, but I like the fact they came in purple, and look pretty slick. As far as Mopar goes, I'd have a Viper for sure. Blue with white stripes.

Anybody can make a lot of assumptions about a person driving a BRIGHT purple car, but one thing is always certain: this person is comfortable with who they are, and confident. And I think that's the definition of badass. They're making a statement, and it makes people curious what that statement is.

That looks really good 1995blackttopta, you did a pretty good job!
Old 06-21-2009, 12:17 PM

IIRC that cuda (orange over black with silver stripes) was a car chip foose overhauled for someone at SEMA a few years ago
Old 06-21-2009, 01:29 PM

You might be right. I really like the Chip Foose Challenger too, but I didn't upload the pics because the car is yellow and I don't like the wheels on it.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1995blackttopta
IIRC that cuda (orange over black with silver stripes) was a car chip foose overhauled for someone at SEMA a few years ago
I have quite a few pictures of that car from when I saw it on the Hot Rod Power Tour back in 2006. It's got a Viper engine under the hood.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:01 PM

So nobody else dreams about their dream car and photoshops it? Gee. I must be some sort of freak.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
So nobody else dreams about their dream car and photoshops it? Gee. I must be some sort of freak.
LOL back in the day i made this one. i am a big back to the future fan and had a 93 tbird SC at the time and saw one in silver that reminded me of stainless steel so i made this up

Name:  bttfSC.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  61.6 KB

Name:  outatime2.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  45.0 KB
Old 06-23-2009, 02:58 PM

LMAO That's awesome/awful! So funny.

Quick Reply: Have you ever photoshopped your dream car?