CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Appearance (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/appearance-34/)
-   -   Front End Conversion (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/appearance-34/front-end-conversion-186851/)

Tatanko 10-28-2003 04:57 PM

Front End Conversion

All I ask is that you PLEASE don't go flaming me with personal opinions.

Now, my question is, how hard would it be to convert a 93-97 to a 98+ front end? (not the whole car, just the front end).

Like I said, I'm not here to ask you what you think of it, I'm not here to listen to people say, "Why ruin a perfectly good..." or "Why not just buy a 98+?"

Just answers...that's all I ask...

::dons flame suit::

stang_killa94 10-28-2003 05:08 PM

ok im not "flaming" but you're not gonna get much help with an attitude like that..........

FLIPPINZ28 10-28-2003 05:11 PM

hey i did it to a 95 i used to have it is easy all is bolt on in same locations. just buy the front end and put it on simple. i thinking about doing it again one day to my other z28.

Tatanko 10-28-2003 05:18 PM

Originally posted by stang_killa94
ok im not "flaming" but you're not gonna get much help with an attitude like that..........
Sorry if you took what I said the wrong way, I was just emphasizing my point...didn't mean to be pushy :p

Originally posted by FLIPPINZ28
hey i did it to a 95 i used to have it is easy all is bolt on in same locations. just buy the front end and put it on simple. i thinking about doing it again one day to my other z28.
THANK YOU :p This is exactly what I wanted to know and actually, I sort of figured that's how it would work...How much did it cost you to do this conversion?

chasmanz28 10-28-2003 05:27 PM

Originally posted by Tatanko
How much did it cost you to do this conversion? [/B]
2500 bucks for parts and to paint the front clip, do a search and youll find all you need to know, theres a list of parts out there that will tell you what you need, and that price is with getting oem parts at a good price, good luck

Tatanko 10-28-2003 05:28 PM

Originally posted by chasmanz28
2500 bucks for parts and to paint the front clip
SH*T!...hehehehe...what if I find them in a junkyard or something? (painting would be cheap for me, I have an uncle that will do it)

chasmanz28 10-28-2003 05:32 PM

Originally posted by Tatanko
SH*T!...hehehehe...what if I find them in a junkyard or something? (painting would be cheap for me, I have an uncle that will do it)
if you can find an entire front clip at a junk yard that would be the way to do it, i got all my parts from a dealer, and i got lucky paying only 600 bucks for a oem ss hood

Tatanko 10-28-2003 06:03 PM

Originally posted by chasmanz28
if you can find an entire front clip at a junk yard that would be the way to do it, i got all my parts from a dealer, and i got lucky paying only 600 bucks for a oem ss hood
What all do I need? Off the top of my head I can only think of hood, fenders, bumper, and headlights...anything else?

Tatanko 10-28-2003 06:45 PM

All those parts off of eBay can be had for about $1,000...

ANYBODY wanna tell me what else I would need? :D

FLIPPINZ28 10-28-2003 06:55 PM

the inner bumper support i got all my parts at a local junkyard it cost me $600 for it all then i had to have it painted and you need the hood bumper inner bumper support fenders headlights

Tatanko 10-28-2003 06:56 PM

Originally posted by FLIPPINZ28
the inner bumper support i got all my parts at a local junkyard it cost me $600 for it all then i had to have it painted and you need the hood bumper inner bumper support fenders headlights
Wow...that's cheap...thanks for the info!