Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Finaly the pics you have been wating for. Progress pics of the 94 z28 56k beware

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 10:22 PM

Re: Finaly the pics you have been wating for. Progress pics of the 94 z28 56k beware

man ive bondoed sanded bondoed sanded some more bondoed blocked high build blocked high build, blocked high build blocked and blocked more. its sittting in the garage now wating to be wetsanded and thn to roll in the booth.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:41 PM

Re: Finaly the pics you have been wating for. Progress pics of the 94 z28 56k beware

wow no power tools. I would prime the whole car if I was you. For 2 reasons 1 to fill any little imperfections/you will see if you need to add any more bondo. 2 It will act like a sealer and make everything flat because if its not sanded perfect youl notice it. Its all in what you want it to look like. What color do you plan to paint it.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:12 AM

the whole car is in primer and most of the panels have a skim coat of bondo on them too . i cant say it was all hand done alot of the bondo was cut with rasp and a da sander. only the final coat of bondo and glazing putty were blocked then a layer of black tinted high build was applyed and blocked thn i applyed a reagular greay guide coat to find the rest of the high/ low spots. Then another layer of high build tinted a bit darker grey and the whole thing was blocked again. finaly a verry light and i mean light grey colored coat of primer was applyed and blocked again. Now im wating on my app for the booth to arrive and i will wett sand the primer with 400 grit and then roll it in and spray a base coat of a bright silver and then i will lay down about 6 coats of my custom "f body blue" thats what the doors took to get the depth i wanted and the pearl content to look good. then i will color sand the whole car and apply 3-5 coats of clear on and then i will wett sand with 1200 grit and then 1600 grit and finaly buff with some 3m polishing compound and then buff it out. then wait 2 months and zaino the hell out of it. then you should see in at a few car shows and maby in a mag if all goes right.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:13 AM

look on page 1 of this post and scrool down to the door pics and you will see the blue
Old 08-20-2006, 12:40 AM

i tracked these pics down from one of my previous thread. they were taken the night i test fitted the body it on the car. this may give you all more of a better feel for how the car is going to look.

Last edited by oneslowz28; 08-20-2006 at 12:49 AM. Reason: pics didnt work
Old 08-20-2006, 01:06 AM

I like the rear bumper were the exhaust tipps will come out. The front bumper gives the 98+ look by moveing the fog lights to the side and making them a circle. Are you going to paint the head light area and grill black or do you want it the same color.

When you paint the I think you should wet sand it wash it dry it and blow out all the cracks and let it sit over night even clean the inside of the car. That will help keep your paint and clear cleaner. Also make it sure its dry. I was just thinking are you tapeing the door jams open so you can blow paint in there or how are you doing that.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:50 AM

i will be removing the doors and t tops and hatch and painting them seperately but at the same spraying. everything inside will be masked and i assure you the inside will be cleaned first. i forgot to mention that it will be painted with house of kolor products.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:39 AM

sounds good. How much more prep work do you think you have before paint. What type of motor is in that, like how many miles and do you have any plans for that part of it. Im not trying to rush you or anything just interested.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:20 PM

I think the work you're doing is awesome.

Actually, I was looking into the Sniper side skirts and rear bumper myself. I'm not sure if I want the side skirts though (still deciding because I have an entire Xenon kit sitting in the basement for my '98 already)... But on the rear bumper, can you maybe tell me if my 3.5" exhaust tips would fit in there? They're round.. it's just that I don't want to get that bumper if my exhaust won't fill the holes made for the exhaust pipes. Thanks, man.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by NOS2006
I think the work you're doing is awesome.

Actually, I was looking into the Sniper side skirts and rear bumper myself. I'm not sure if I want the side skirts though (still deciding because I have an entire Xenon kit sitting in the basement for my '98 already)... But on the rear bumper, can you maybe tell me if my 3.5" exhaust tips would fit in there? They're round.. it's just that I don't want to get that bumper if my exhaust won't fill the holes made for the exhaust pipes. Thanks, man.
the holes are about 3.75" in diameter so they should look great.

rouda if you read my previous replys in this thread then all of your questions will be answered
Old 08-20-2006, 11:11 PM

Awesome, dude. That's sweet.

The person that was selling this kit on ebay said it was a 5" opening when I PMed them.. so I knew I had to ask someone who really had the kit and really knew lol
Old 08-20-2006, 11:16 PM

im almost 100% sure there 3.75" becuse my 3.5" tips fit nicely when i moked up my exhaust
Old 08-22-2006, 11:34 AM

Looks good so far! Nice work
Old 08-23-2006, 02:01 AM

thanks
Old 08-29-2006, 12:14 AM

Well i have a few more things planned for the verry near future. so im going to list them here and update in this thread as i dont feel like starting a new one. Btw the car will be painted In a few weeks so keep checking for pics. so heres the appearence mods ive done so far and the new mods im starting on this week will follow.

Finished mods:

Sniper body kit fully molded in
Black widow 3 hood
New black carpet
Racing seats
Glow gauges
Ls1 style interrior
T top conversion
Trans am door panels
Shaved antenna
Shaved moldings
Shaved groove above molding
Shaved camaro on rear valance
Rubber coated wheel wells
Custom LED front turn signals
5 Point Cam lock harnesses
Removed rear seats
Shaved all emblems

Projects in progress and upcomming Projects

Corvette taillights
Fiberglass dash
Fiberglass dash pad
Fiberglass headliner
Fiberglass interrior panels
Customize trans am console to accomodate B&m maginum grip prostick
Fiberglass customized colsole
Build Fiberglass speakerbox to mount where rear seats were.
Fiberglass amprack to fit over gastank area
Build Nitrous bottle holder(s) might do dual tanks that mount between subs
Build custom switch panel to replace the casette holder.
Build custom gauge pod to replace instrument cluster
Paint interrior fiberglassed peices black to match carpet and seats.
Paint fiberglassed sub box to match outside of car.
paint headliner black to match interrior
paint dash black to match interrior.
Dynomay the rear hatch area

Thats it for now if i can think of anything else ill add to this post

Quick Reply: Finaly the pics you have been wating for. Progress pics of the 94 z28 56k beware