Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

ebay find of the day: Bruce Larson Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 03:03 PM

ebay find of the day: Bruce Larson Camaro

This is one of two Bruce Larson tribute Camaros that were made. They were 'planned' to be a limited edition model similar to Tom Henry SS, Berger SS, Hot Rod Edition, etc., but GM stopped making the Camaro in 2002, and the company making them had to cancel for 2003.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...3A1|240%3A1318

This one is #1 of the 2, and is the better looking of the two in my opinion. The other one is red with blue and white striping and looks a bit tacky by comparison. It's appearance is just that of an SS with decals all over it, and it doesn't seem all that special compared to this one, which looks more like a neat package.

If anyone has pictures of the red one, please post them, as I only have 4 pics, which isn't (in my opinion) enough to write an article on my site with.

What disappoints me is the lack of a special interior. It's just a factory cloth seat that has been embroidered. I'm not a fan of cloth, and it'd look a lot better with white leather.

Not bad. It would look at home at some sort of race track.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:04 AM

Brandon, funny you bring this up............I'm actually going to be seeing Bruce this coming Saturday.............I'll have to ask him about this.
I'll let you know what I find out from him...............
Old 05-14-2009, 01:45 PM

Really?

See if you can find out a little bit of info for me. I've always kind of scoffed at the idea that everything I've read (which isn't much, since I research the '93-'96 stuff more than anything) always says the car was canceled because the Camaro wasn't made in 2003. But... everyone and their dog knew that there wouldn't be a 2003 Camaro, so did Bruce truly conceptualize this as a 2003 special edition and he just didn't know it was a doomed model? Or did he really want it to be a 2002, and there simply wasn't enough interest in the special edition, or he couldn't get the project off the ground and running in time? I know SLP was involved in this special edition, but I don't know a think about Race Car Promotions. I don't think they are even involved in modifying cars... I think they're just a company that offers promotional products like hats or something...?

Not to be rude if he sees this, but I've always thought the 2003 excuse was very strange.

Also, ask him why #2 was a 2001 model, while #1 was a 2002 model. I think that's weird.

If you can find out some of that info, I'll of course credit you for your help when I write the article for my site. Honestly, I can probably write the article this weekend, I have pretty much anything I could possibly need for these two cars except that info above.

p.s. If you want to write something about your car, I'll put it in my own words and put your car in the Famous Show Cars section. Rather than a list of mods and such, I'd like to hear you recount the history of the car, how you got it, etc. Some pictures taken by you would be great too. Just email them to me.

Last edited by Brangeta; 05-14-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:37 PM

So who is Bruce Larson anyway?
Old 05-14-2009, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bud M
So who is Bruce Larson anyway?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Larson
Old 05-15-2009, 06:31 AM

I have some pic's of this car from a car show this past Feb. I will find them and post em.I think I even have a video
Old 05-19-2009, 12:39 PM

I did the tech check on this car at the Chevy Winter National in Orlando this past Feb. It's unique to say the least.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:00 PM

I took a pic of that camaro here in Fl at at the Winter Nationals at Old Town.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:36 AM

Cool pics!

fxgs, did you get to talk to him?