Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Cracked upper dash on 1994 Camaro Z28

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 12:10 AM

Cracked upper dash on 1994 Camaro Z28

Hi everyone. I have the standard crack in my upper dash that goes about 3/4 of the way across it. Does anyone have a recommendation for where the best place is to buy a replacement dash that looks as close to possible as the original? Thank you.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:24 AM
BTC

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY: Dalton, GA: Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Re: Cracked upper dash on 1994 Camaro Z28

I bought one from my local dealer last year, or the year before. It wasn't cheap and availability had gotten VERY limited. GM Parts Direct, which is a site I use a lot to get part numbers etc., had been showing them as unavailable, but is now showing stock again, so there may be a few floating around. The part number for the 1994 Crash Pad is 10267171. It actually looks like there are quite a few listed on eBay right now. If you can't get the OEM piece, or don't want to spend that much, I guess there are other options available. Google might help in your search, along with some other f-body sites.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:59 PM
Prominent Member

Location: Born on the Florida West Coast, now where can I retire?

I went another way 4 years ago with a dash cover on eBay, about $100 with the glue included. It only came in black so I had to paint it with some grey interior paint.

Last edited by GaryDoug; 02-16-2019 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by BTC
I bought one from my local dealer last year, or the year before. It wasn't cheap and availability had gotten VERY limited. GM Parts Direct, which is a site I use a lot to get part numbers etc., had been showing them as unavailable, but is now showing stock again, so there may be a few floating around. The part number for the 1994 Crash Pad is 10267171. It actually looks like there are quite a few listed on eBay right now. If you can't get the OEM piece, or don't want to spend that much, I guess there are other options available. Google might help in your search, along with some other f-body sites.
Hi Bill,
Thanks for the reply. I'll check out GM Parts Direct. I would like to get an OEM part and am willing to pay for it. I'm the original owner on my Camaro and everything so far is original. I have 103,000 miles on it and will have owned it for 25 years on this coming April 1st. Thanks again.
Mark
Old 02-16-2019, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by GaryDoug
I went another way 4 years ago with a dash cover on eBay, about $100 with the glue included. It only came in black so I had to paint it with some grey interior paint.

Hi Gary,
I appreciate your input. I'm going to try to locate an OEM piece, but if I can't, I will check out the route you took. It did like like a decent fit.
Mark
Old 02-16-2019, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Old 02-17-2019, 10:01 AM
BTC

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY: Dalton, GA: Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA

Originally Posted by mjames
Hi Bill,
Thanks for the reply. I'll check out GM Parts Direct. I would like to get an OEM part and am willing to pay for it. I'm the original owner on my Camaro and everything so far is original. I have 103,000 miles on it and will have owned it for 25 years on this coming April 1st. Thanks again.
Mark
I probably wouldn't buy from GM Parts Direct, but it's a good resource for info. I don't believe I've ever bought anything from them, and they are known to have pretty crazy shipping charges. There are a bunch of sites out there like GM Parts Direct.

I want to say when I checked eBay yesterday, a place called GM Parts Now had two of these crash pads listed, but their listing no longer seems to show up. I'm not sure how eBay works, but maybe their listing expired. If you go to their website, they still seem to have them available. Whereas GM Parts Direct was estimating close to $210 for shipping, GM Parts Now estimated 33 bucks, and they have half off shipping right now for orders over $299. I was able to get to the point of payment for a hair less than $350. My guess is that you would not be able to find a new OEM piece for much less than that. I think the dealer in my hometown charged me $300 plus tax, and that was a lot cheaper than some other dealers I spoke to. Some of the quotes I got were as high as ~$550

I can't really speak to the legitimacy of any of those online sites, the authenticity of the parts etc. I think most of them may be affiliated with dealerships and there may be people here that can offer much more insight. GMPartsNow appears to be a front for a place in Grand Rapids, MI, which is not too far from where I currently live. Looking at a map, the place seems to be pretty close to Berger Chevrolet, which is a pretty well known dealership. Whether or not there is any affiliation between the two, I have no idea. Well, after another minute of digging, their site does mention that they are owned & managed by Berger Chevrolet.

shbox.com, which is a great resource in general for these cars, lists a couple of good OEM dealer contacts that have very reasonable prices and shipping. The person I usually deal with that's listed on that site kind of talked be out of getting the crash pad through them just due to shipping costs, but I guess it all comes down to alternatives and cost.

For later model 4th Gens, seems like people are having decent luck with https://dashskin.com/most-popular/97-02-fbody

I'm the original owner of my car, so I totally understand where you're coming from. Parts are harder and harder to come by anymore. Good luck with your search.