CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/3rd-gen-l98-engine-tech-20/)
-   -   Anyone Know much about the 1984 olympic edition camaro? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/3rd-gen-l98-engine-tech-20/anyone-know-much-about-1984-olympic-edition-camaro-49835/)

guywidiroc 11-20-2002 05:00 PM

Anyone Know much about the 1984 olympic edition camaro?

I dont think that I have ever seen one, and was wondering if anyone knew more about these cars. The RPO code was 1A3, and i think only like 3722 were made. Rare car, but any info would be appreciated.

91_z28_4me 11-20-2002 05:16 PM

www.thirdgen.org look under the history/restoration board. That is going to be your best bet on the net. I don't think there is much info on these cars. If yours is in good shape it may be the only model available and we may be able to learn much off of it.

LS1Nat 11-20-2002 05:27 PM

Pretty cool. I've never even heard of them.

Wspiler 11-01-2015 06:47 PM

Re: Anyone Know much about the 1984 olympic edition camaro?

I had one, bought it brand new from a dealer in Waycross Georgia that is no longer in business.

Best I can remember is below:

1984 all White, Orange and blue stripes - just on the bottom and around the front and rear bumper, automatic, 305 V8, spoiler on the back, dual exhaust, medium to dark blue interior.

They had a smooth hood with no z28 fake air intakes. Mine did not have t-tops and I don't know if any did.

The interior was, I always thought, a Berlinetta interior, which was the nicest interior back then . The interior was much nicer than a standard camaro. Full guages, nicer radio, full power everything.

My brother had a z28 of the same year, so we always compared them, and by the way, mine would out run his z28 which always pissed him off. It would chirp a second with the automatic, and his z28 auto would not.

I kept a Florida Gators tag on the front because the colors of their school almost matched the stripes identically.

The exterior was kind of plain, but the interior was very nice. Cloth interior, not vinyl or leather, and I think it had a little texture and maybe a herringbone kind of look and feel to the center of the seats. A little fuzzy on that part.

cars3 11-02-2015 12:02 AM

This thread has been dead for 13 years.:shrug:

skirocz28 11-02-2015 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by cars3 (Post 6981846)
This thread has been dead for 13 years.:shrug:

The OP and I are still looking for one and still great friends after 25 years. If we ever find one worth buying we're going 50/50 on it.

Injuneer 11-02-2015 05:48 PM

The "Camaro White Book" indicates:

A special Camaro Sarajevo Winter Olympics Package was offered in November and December of 1984. This was SEO (Special Equipment Option) 1A3. The cars were white with red/white/blue stripes and had winter Olympics insignia with Sarjevo '84.
Build quantity is shown as 3,722. No retail price is shown.

Photo here:

https://books.google.com/books?id=h0...201A3.&f=false

cars3 11-03-2015 12:00 AM

Not a bad looking car. Not into the wheels, but would have to stay.

Pauly.a 05-14-2017 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by guywidiroc (Post 349681)
I dont think that I have ever seen one, and was wondering if anyone knew more about these cars. The RPO code was 1A3, and i think only like 3722 were made. Rare car, but any info would be appreciated.

I do out of a 1984 Z28 USA olympic Edition it is a real car only I do not know how many of this particular car were made there's not even a picture Z28 Olympic Edition on the net only a base model strip down with a stripe package this is a completely different car it is a Z28 with t top 5.0 liter ho it has 68000 original miles I purchased it from the original owners they bought it from Gallo Chevrolet in Albuquerque I purchased it the old lady who originally purchased it from the dealership brand new the car is original and nothing has been done to it. It also has USA olympic torches on the fenders and sail panels that saying USA olympic Edition and the name of the dealership it has gold chrome strips on the side and a stainless steel plate going across the sail panel between the t-tops in the back window edged with gold chrome strips and white pinstriping in the Chrome strips also with red white and blue stripes and USA olympic torches cars white with blue interior all original nothing has been changed out I tried to get more info on the car so I called the Chevrolet Hall of Fame in Illinois and spoke to the owner he would not give me any info on the car or any way to retrieve information on the car it was only interested in purchasing and want to see pictures of it he told me that the only one who would be interested in a car like that is a museum but would not give me a way to get any other information on the car I'm going to try to post some pictures of it and if anybody can help me with any info on it I would appreciate it I do want to sell it but I want to find out more about it first