2010 - 2015 Camaro Technical Discussion All 5th Generation Camaro technical discussion that doesn't fit in other forums

clutch reservoir

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:00 PM

clutch reservoir

What types of reservoirs can i use to separate my clutch and brake fluids? I know about the GTOs but its on national backorder! What other year model or types of vehicles can i get one off of? I think i have seen a 1992 civic has the right reservoir?
If anyone can help to get me a list of possible reservoirs that will work? Im really in need of separating the two because of my stupid clutch pedal problems!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:25 AM
Admin Emeritus

Um...what kind of vehicle?
Old 04-14-2010, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Um...what kind of vehicle?
2010 camaro LS3
Thanks!!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Admin Emeritus

And what exactly are you trying to accomplish again? I am trying to understand the problem you need to solve but I am missing something.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
And what exactly are you trying to accomplish again? I am trying to understand the problem you need to solve but I am missing something.
The problem with havin the same reservoir for brakes and clutch fluid that allows more heat to get to the clutch fluid and that it costs more when doin a clutch fluid flush bc it's alot of fluid. I'm having problems with the clutch sticking to the floor after a few hard launches! I switched to high temp dot 4 brake fluid and it helped alot but still trys to stick and I race my car a descent amount! It may not be the only reason that the peddle sticks but at least will help hopefully. From what I hear we got the same slave cylinder problems like gm has had in the past! And other new camario owners that are racing with the stock clutch in it still for now are havin the same problem and put a higher temp fluid with a seperate resevoir, heat shielded the lines and some don't have the problem anymore and some are just doin it for a temp fix. Normally I should be able to get a full night at the strip of racing but after 3 or 4 passes the clutch starts trying to stick towards the top or just stays close to the floor if I race enough. Until gm puts in production a better slave I'm gonna try this!
Thanks for replying bc not many if any have on other forums. What is the requirements or types that will work for my clutch? Does it have to have specific diaphragms in the resevoir or specific sizes if seperated? And from what vehicles can I get one from bc the gtos are the ones everyones tryin to get but are on national backorder!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:38 PM

I haven't seen one of these so I can't say for certain, but I would think you could just get a clutch reservor for a 4th gen, find a spot to mount it on the firewall and run a hose from the clutch master to it. Plug the clutch line from the original reservor and continue to use it for the brakes.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by TW95Z
I haven't seen one of these so I can't say for certain, but I would think you could just get a clutch reservor for a 4th gen, find a spot to mount it on the firewall and run a hose from the clutch master to it. Plug the clutch line from the original reservor and continue to use it for the brakes.
I'm pretty sure this is what alot of guys are doing. The dual resevour is a pain. I had to have my whole master cylinder replaced within the 1st month because they couldn't get the cap to seal properly. Also, people are concerned that all of the clutch dust could be getting mixed in with the brake fuild and screwing up the ABS system.