CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/)
-   -   Who likes this front end better than the one on the concept? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/who-likes-front-end-better-than-one-concept-424549/)

Z284ever 01-22-2006 09:40 AM

Who likes this front end better than the one on the concept?

https://img29.imageshack.us/img29/46...sketch15yr.jpg

willz 01-22-2006 09:55 AM

Re: Who likes this front end better than the one on the concept?

The concept front end IS the productionized version of this design theme. But the actual concept ended up looking much more aggressive in my opinion.

Joe K. 96 Zeee!! 01-22-2006 09:59 AM

It's difficult to compare a drawing to the actual concept. If you did tack on that front end, I don't think it would come out looking quiet as good in real life...especially the cutout section below the headlights.

Z284ever 01-22-2006 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
It's difficult to compare a drawing to the actual concept. If you did tack on that front end, I don't think it would come out looking quiet as good in real life...especially the cutout section below the headlights.

I agree about the comparison. To me, the larger headlights and cutouts seem to give the car more personality. But I admit, may look different when actually translated to a real car.

Mike2001SS 01-22-2006 10:15 AM

Having seen the concept firsthand I like it like it is for the first year and then see where it goes in the coming years

Brandon_Lutz 01-22-2006 10:20 AM

I would have to see that front end on a concept car in as many angles as we have seen of the real concept. It would be the only way IMHO to draw a fair assessment.

Z284ever 01-22-2006 10:56 AM

Someone who worked on the concept - gumbydamnit - (I think),said if he had time, he'd photoshop that front end on the concept. I wish he would, I'd like to see it. :)

slayerxxx213 01-22-2006 11:10 AM

Well, I like everything about that drawing far better than the actual concept. (the stance, proportions and overall aggressive feel...that proturding airdam :bow: ). It's definetly alot closer to how I'd like to have the new Camaro look, it's just plain badass :yes: ... As others have said though, I'm having a hard time envisioning how that front end would look on the concept. Maybe if someone could chop it on the concept for us...I can definetly say though, that I like the chop bond2 did better than the concept's front. If GM produced the new Camaro as it is in that drawing, (with just the revisions bond2 made to the front, or even the way it is), they would have the most ridiculous looking, (in a really good way), car on the road...Maybe besides an S7 or CCR ;) :metal: I would definitely sell whatever I had to buy on as soon as possible.

90 Z28SS 01-22-2006 11:45 AM

The front end of the concept , after seeing it in person has grown on me tremendously . The car basically as whole has , to the point , theres not much I would change at all .

LOVE the concept front end .

97z28/m6 01-22-2006 11:54 AM

if GM added dual headlights to tthe concept it would look way better-sorta like the GTO photohops that somebody here did ( i forgot the name sorry.:o )

notgetleft 01-22-2006 12:45 PM

I don't think i like it. This could work if the front end were more flush, but i don;'t think i would like that either.

With how deep set the headlights are (which i like), ala thirdgen, i dont think this kind of cue would look right. It would be the only tight curve/circle on the entire car, everything else is an angle or more subtle curve.

edit:
if you really think about it, if you make the entire headlight opening round and allow it to bulge the edges of the hood, and put a little bodycolor seperator from the grille, you'd have a strong second gen styling cue front end.

It might be workable, probably better than this pic anyway, but i still like the first/third theme better since they are my favorite years.

bond2 01-22-2006 12:54 PM

Im sure you guys are sick of seeing my photochop, but here is a nice comparison I put on another thread. And yes I made it a Camaro again since it didn't go over well as a GTO:

http://homepage.mac.com/bond2/camaro...mpareSmall.jpg

0toinsanein5.4sec 01-22-2006 02:32 PM

i do kinda like it with the two headlights on each side (like bond2's chop).

about the topic, i dont know if its the rest of the drawing that throws it off, but the red car looks way too busy which detracts from it IMO. but if i cover the rest of the body it isnt too too bad. might be nice for its own trim level

Jason E 01-22-2006 03:04 PM

Charlie...I like the cutouts a lot. THAT looks much better, IMO. The one thing I really dislike about the nose is that the headlights look too smushed (I guess thats a word :D ) in...

stars1010 01-22-2006 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!

I agree....I think I'd really have to see it actually mocked up in real life....