2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We need a cool car movie featuring the new Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 05:17 PM

Re: We need a cool car movie featuring the new Camaro

Originally Posted by Z28Marcus
Since the movie industry is having a hard time comming up original ideas for blockbusters (everything seems to be a remake - even remakes of remakes)... how about a new Bullet movie (not a remake but a new story set in current day America) except this time he drives a hellacious 5th gen Camaro Z/28. Heh. Even better it would make the Mustang guys all mad (sacreligious and all that) .
Awesome idea, I love it! And with all the smack the Ford guys were talking when the Camaro was down, it would serve them right. As for the movie industry....... Don't even get me started!
Old 01-25-2006, 05:53 PM

i think bullitt should be left to history, that movie was great, chevy guy or not.

i do think that grand theft auto as a movie may have potential. fast cars, women, mafia, wanton violence, big guns, c'mon! that's pretty much what's hot on television anyways... and yeah, have the guy drive a badass camaro! and yeah, when he drives it, play the fast part of the dead milkmen song! bitchen camaro! bitchen camaro! lol...
Old 01-25-2006, 06:03 PM

no no no to remake of bullit. that was a HORRIBLE movie with a bad *** car chase at the end (note: it was not a car movie).

Im all for a car movie with the Camaro as the main car. maybe a family of Camaro, challenger, and mustang that "fight" ricers but the challenger and mustang lose and the camaro has to pick up for their slack (being the best one of them all)

and please NO ROB COHEN. that guy is the master of cheese
Old 01-25-2006, 08:39 PM

how about a movie that shows the comeraderie in the automotive industry. something more realistic, portraying all the different kinds of enthusiasts, and the crossovers (myself included) that dont have a dead set affiliation? start it as kind of a grassroots thing, showing how someone gets into the street racing scene (and not this overglorified FnF deal.) then lead into them getting arrested or busted somehow and going about more legal pursuits. this would work with any company, really. obviously, for this pitch the lead car would be a brand new z28/ss/whatever, but made into a drag racer, autox/track racer, drifter, whatever you want. just make it have some semblance of a plot, and a decent rivalry.

Last edited by Stealth 86 LSC; 01-25-2006 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Stealth 86 LSC
how about a movie that shows the comeraderie in the automotive industry. something more realistic, portraying all the different kinds of enthusiasts, and the crossovers (myself included) that dont have a dead set affiliation?
You mean a fairytale, right?
Old 01-26-2006, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by burningsquirrels
i think bullitt should be left to history, that movie was great, chevy guy or not.

i do think that grand theft auto as a movie may have potential. fast cars, women, mafia, wanton violence, big guns, c'mon! that's pretty much what's hot on television anyways... and yeah, have the guy drive a badass camaro! and yeah, when he drives it, play the fast part of the dead milkmen song! bitchen camaro! bitchen camaro! lol...
Um with the return of the Mustang and the Charger I dont think Ford or Chrysler would let you use Bullit if theyre in their right mind. Especially when Ford had a Bullit Mustang not too long ago. Chrysler provided the two challengers for that movie. M/T did a Bullitt theme shooting with the two new cars and Mustang is going to get the Bullitt green on the upcomming aniversary. A redo of the movie Im sure is already being considered by Ford and Chrysler as it would be great advertising...

And for cool GTO movie I liked the Punisher where he orders a crate motor for his 69 or so GTO. I thought that was a good one. "Black Cat run" was good Where the main charachter in a 442 had to chase down convicts in a Chevelle who kidnapped his girlfriend.

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 01-26-2006 at 01:26 AM.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:42 AM

Has anyone seen the video for "I Disappear" by Metallica? Granted it's a music video, but he's rolling around in his 1st gen... If you want to see it, it's on the special features of Mission Impossible: 2 DVD and yes I bought it just for the Camaro.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:19 AM

Maybe it shouldnt even be a car oriented movie. Just have a movie with a good story and a good plot where the good guys drive the new Camaro and maybe throw in a small chase scene or fast driving scene. Nothing too over the top, but gets to show the car off a little.

Kind of like the new movie "Firewall" where Harrison Ford's ride is a Chrysler 300C. Obviously not a car oriented movie, but it looks like the car appears in enough scenes to give it ample screen time.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Disciple

Originally Posted by turbo96z28
how a remake of an old flick......say...........two lane blacktop

Good gawd that was an awful movie. 2 hours of my life I'll never get back from watching that crap. Bad dialogue, bad acting, and BORING!!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dwarf Killer
Maybe they could put it in the next James Bond movie?
That's what I was thinking, but I knew to check the thread, because I knew surely someone else was thinking it!

But seriously, what better way to raise it's image? Part of the movie, Bond might drive a BMW, another part he might have a shot driving a new Camaro....one that's been modded by 'Q' of course!
Old 01-26-2006, 06:03 PM

There was a 04 GTO in Desperate Housewives.

I think GM needs to hook up with a TV show thats popular like CSI and have one of the main characters drive it occasionally.

I always remember Cheers and Sam Malone's stingray Vette convert.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:03 PM

As long as the movie does not suck, there is atleast one great chase scene (preferably more), and the Camaro is the hero car, I think that would be awsome .

David
Old 01-26-2006, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by SFireGT98
Maybe it shouldnt even be a car oriented movie. Just have a movie with a good story and a good plot where the good guys drive the new Camaro and maybe throw in a small chase scene or fast driving scene. Nothing too over the top, but gets to show the car off a little.

Kind of like the new movie "Firewall" where Harrison Ford's ride is a Chrysler 300C. Obviously not a car oriented movie, but it looks like the car appears in enough scenes to give it ample screen time.
Exactly what is needed. The car SHOULD NOT be the star, it should only be in a few scenes. Small exposures.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
There was a 04 GTO in Desperate Housewives.

I think GM needs to hook up with a TV show thats popular like CSI and have one of the main characters drive it occasionally.

I always remember Cheers and Sam Malone's stingray Vette convert.
And the Cadillac Cien in The Island
Old 01-27-2006, 12:20 AM

I think GM is already hooked up with CSI as they all drive Denali's. Well, maybe not. I guess there was a new Charger in last week's episode.

Quick Reply: We need a cool car movie featuring the new Camaro