2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Transformers Poll: did your theater go nuts over the new camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 10:59 AM

Yep, there was cheering and clapping by a good handful of people in the crowd.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:06 AM

The crowd i was with started clapping and getting all excited. Then after the first battle with barricade, whne the music started to get all fast and they blast through the smoke in their car forms the crowd went CRAZY!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:18 AM

People were more excited when that happened than I was, surprisingly. Maybe because I've seen it so much. I seem to be the only one here that was more excited by the "piece of crap" 74 Camaro.....of course I am biased though.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Disciple

I just saw the movie last night. People were definitely psyched to see it. My boyfriend even leaned over and said "I think that just sold twice as many 5th gens already," haha!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by EllwynX
Actually, I think I understand what you mean.

You mean the Camaro he scanned should have been red or silver, and Bumblebee still would have been yellow. Yeah, that makes sense, and I guess I agree.
Exactly. All of the vehicles kept the same colors as the vehicles they scanned. I would have preferred the vehicle that Prime scanned to not have flames, and then he *chooses* to have the flames. Same with bumblebee. The Camaro that he scanned should have been one of the red or silver ones. Then when he rolled up with the "bumblebee" paint job it would have been more impactful, IMO.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:55 AM

Saw it opening night (Monday). Packed house and it was the second loudest cheer of the night (first went to Optimus Prime). Old and young alike cheered and some even stood up. Mind you this is a huge theater, stadium seating and all, so it was pretty powerful to witness.

Homerun move for GM. Lets just hope that when the time comes to convert those cheers into sales, that the marketing team will have at least one Bumblebee commercial or print ad.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:38 PM

People stood up and cheered to both Optimus and the Camaro, the WHOLE crowd. Guaynabo - Puerto Rico.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:40 PM

My wife and my son went crazy for the new camaro in the movie not like they havent seen it before. My wife said the movie made it look even stronger and mean. In the crowd you can hear some cheering but not too loud.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:57 PM

My wife who is a mustang girl even thought it was cool when he rolled up. Although at the end of the movie she did make the comment, "why did the pony have to be bad, poor pony". Yes she refers to them as ponies and drives a bright red 2k3.

Anyway my point in this was to just get an idea of the responses throughout the country. I watched the movie in mall theater with a somewhat upscale clientelle. There are often lambo's and ferrari's in the valet section of the parking lot along with other random exotics/rare cars. This is the part of dallas where the 3 series and Lexus rule yet the camaro got almost as big of a reception as the credits.

God I hope GM uses this to their advantage and I'm not talking about transforming pickup truck commercials either.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Primus
I think a lot of it had to do with the conditions of the scene too though. Yes, people cheered because the camaro is badass but I think a lot of it was because Megan Fox "hurt bumblebee's feelings" with her comment about him choosing a "piece of crap". So when he came back as the shiny new camaro it was that much better...
BINGO!!

That's one of the things that I've chuckled to myself every time I read these posts lately (that the crowd went wild over the Camaro, not the actual scene itself).

If that scene had been shot in the way it was originally planned (Sam's "Bumblebee" going from a old beaten up Beetle to a new shiny hopped up yellow one), the audience's reaction would have been pretty much the same. Using the new Camaro was simply adding impact to a scene that was going to get a big reaction from the audience in the 1st place.

If Camaro and Mustang had swipped roles in the movie, everyone here would be gushing on how perfectly cast the evil looking 5th gen Camaro was & how "ghey" the yellow Mustang looked, but there's no doubt that the scene going from an old beat up Mustang to the new one would have had the exact same impact.

Nonetheless, believing the key reason the crowd went wild was just because of the 5th gen Camaro is a harmless fantasy... so whatever.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:45 PM

Talking Transformers in STL

Saw the movie Monday night at 8pm at the "Galaxy" in Chesterfield, the place ERUPTED in cheering and applause when the new Bumblebee rolled up.

Gave me goosebumps when they reacted...

-Scott
Old 07-05-2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by topdeadcenter
Saw the movie Monday night at 8pm at the "Galaxy" in Chesterfield, the place ERUPTED in cheering and applause when the new Bumblebee rolled up.

Gave me goosebumps when they reacted...

-Scott
Yo! I was in that exact showing at the Galaxy in Chesterfield at 8:00pm Monday! Small world. I was about 1/2 way up the steps on the left when looking at the screen.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
BINGO!!

That's one of the things that I've chuckled to myself every time I read these posts lately (that the crowd went wild over the Camaro, not the actual scene itself).

If that scene had been shot in the way it was originally planned (Sam's "Bumblebee" going from a old beaten up Beetle to a new shiny hopped up yellow one), the audience's reaction would have been pretty much the same. Using the new Camaro was simply adding impact to a scene that was going to get a big reaction from the audience in the 1st place.

If Camaro and Mustang had swipped roles in the movie, everyone here would be gushing on how perfectly cast the evil looking 5th gen Camaro was & how "ghey" the yellow Mustang looked, but there's no doubt that the scene going from an old beat up Mustang to the new one would have had the exact same impact.

Nonetheless, believing the key reason the crowd went wild was just because of the 5th gen Camaro is a harmless fantasy... so whatever.
I will agree with this only part way as I did not believe the post I saw before hand until I saw it and then heard the comments from those near me.

The cheers and not a laughs I heard were loud and through out the theater.

The comments I heard is that car is so cool or I want one of those and the like. There were heard from more than one person near me so I think it would be foolish to not give the Camaro some credit here. If it was a VW I don't think it would have solicited the same reaction unless you were at a bug convention.

It was a line in the movie but you had to have the right car visually to make it pop and that is they Bay went with a new Camaro vs a VW. He wanted visual impact and the Camaro delivered.

If it had changed to the car from Corvette Summer or Herbie I think there would have laughing in the theater and not cheers.

Oh yea at work today we also had a lot af water cooler talk of the movie and car.

Most said now that they have seen the car in action they like it even more. Most had only seen magazine pictures and were not sure on size and proportions. The big questions was how much will it change for production?

Last edited by hyperv6; 07-05-2007 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:13 PM

The crowd definately freaked, but there were no standing ovations or yelling. Mostly just alot of whispers and shuffling.

Also the part where Optimus Prime was revealed was more "awe-inspiring" than sensational. Everyone got really quiet and just stared.

The ending did get a few claps though. I'm going to see it again ASAP!
Old 07-05-2007, 05:41 PM

Yeah the crowd in the theater was like "daaaaaamn".
Everyone one was in awe.
That movie is going to help soooo much with the sales of this car.

Quick Reply: Transformers Poll: did your theater go nuts over the new camaro