2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A storm is coming...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Lounge Moderator

Re: A storm is coming...

All of this input is meant to be CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, just my personal take.

The beginning of the commercial "steps all over" a promo snippet that one of Hollywood's studios use. I don't remember exactly which one, but the camera shot zooms up some highway with dark clouds until it reaches a tree that is struck by lightning. It was the first thing that popped to mind when the video started.

That narrative script could use some work. Someone with a deeper voice could add some more grunt, and if final copy were to have the pauses it currently has (sounds awkward to me), some audio elements from the commercial could be used to fill -- sample some throaty growl from an LS2 GTO to put in there, use some of the thunder, even the solid "thud" of the shifter being slammed into place.

The work put into it deserves a lot of kudos -- it's obvious that this was a project born of love and fanaticism and that's awesome.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:56 PM

Nicely done.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:35 PM

awesome man. good job
Old 09-16-2006, 11:30 PM

I'll give it and a !! To bad you couldn't use a real pic in the final shot with the tail lights on as it shoots out of sight, but just the same. Good Job !!!
Old 09-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Disciple

Great job on the video Jason, it looked awesome on the big screen in BG!
Old 09-17-2006, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Shockwave
All of this input is meant to be CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, just my personal take.

The beginning of the commercial "steps all over" a promo snippet that one of Hollywood's studios use. I don't remember exactly which one, but the camera shot zooms up some highway with dark clouds until it reaches a tree that is struck by lightning. It was the first thing that popped to mind when the video started.

That narrative script could use some work. Someone with a deeper voice could add some more grunt, and if final copy were to have the pauses it currently has (sounds awkward to me), some audio elements from the commercial could be used to fill -- sample some throaty growl from an LS2 GTO to put in there, use some of the thunder, even the solid "thud" of the shifter being slammed into place.

The work put into it deserves a lot of kudos -- it's obvious that this was a project born of love and fanaticism and that's awesome.
That would be Bruckheimer Productions, he usually teams up with Disney (Touchtone, Hollywood Pictures)
Old 09-18-2006, 09:33 AM

I thought that was AMAZING!

Gave me chills! Watched it numerous times!

Thanks for making each day easier for the wait of the final production!

Old 09-18-2006, 09:48 AM

Too much hype for what was released.
Not to be a ****, just my opinion.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:28 PM

damn, Jason, I totally missed this until today. I watched it with my laptop on mute because I'm in a web programming class right now, I'm half tempted to interrupt the class and play the video full volume just to see it! Ugh, 45 more minutes until class is done...

...would it look strange walking into the bathroom with my laptop?

Edit: I blasted it in the TV lounge area at Oakland University, everyone that overheard it and had enough curiosity to ask about the "all new Chevrolet Camaro" part said the commercial was very cool! I downloaded it to my computer so I can replay it over and over again.

Last edited by meissen; 09-18-2006 at 05:48 PM.